It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injuries reported after shots were fired at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Can't say I'm not feeling more than a little nervous as I have to fly to LAX in a few days.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Photo of man being led away from luggage area.
twitter.com...

Yep.. Middle Eastern decent. Another terrorist attack under Obama's watch.

Nope you are incorrect.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Esteban Santiago, 26, has been identified as the gunman who opened fire at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Friday. Broward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca wrote on Facebook that Santiago landed at the airport aboard a flight from Canada.

Santiago checked a handgun in his luggage and retrieved it at the Terminal 2 baggage claim, LaMaca wrote, adding that he loaded the gun in a bathroom then came out and opened fire. NBC News, citing law enforcement officials, confirmed LaMarca's story. Santiago was taken alive into custody.

Five people were killed and eight people were wounded by Santiago, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Department. Santiago was born in New Jersey, according to NBC News, and was a member of the U.S. Army National guard.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That may not be allowed after today.

I do not think they will prohibit that, perhaps more scrutiny but i do not see a ban. It's pretty normal for people to travel with their firearms either for protection, hunting or competition.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Photo of man being led away from luggage area.
twitter.com...

Yep.. Middle Eastern decent. Another terrorist attack under Obama's watch.

good probability in todays world that it could be a terrorist attack, but man you are jumping the gun quickly on that aren't you?

Surely you didn't come to that conclusion from a single fuzzy picture? Are you aware of additional information in this incident besides that pic that led you to believe it was middle eastern decent and terrorist attack? I thought the guy was spanish?

link   
Sheesh
Clicked on this thread hoping for discussion of the FT Lauderdale situation.
I'm listening to broadcastify and the Broward County Fire and Rescue are talking about a room "barricaded by people with guns". Not 5 minutes ago, the head of the local FBI office was saying everything was over with only one shooter. The BC fire guys were talking about shots being fired in terminal 3. WTF?

Does anyone know whats happening?

link   
I am glad they got this one alive.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I hope that's sarcasm. If not its delusional at best. This issue is beyond the scope of just the presidency.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
Sheesh
Clicked on this thread hoping for discussion of the FT Lauderdale situation.
I'm listening to broadcastify and the Broward County Fire and Rescue are talking about a room "barricaded by people with guns". Not 5 minutes ago, the head of the local FBI office was saying everything was over with only one shooter. The BC fire guys were talking about shots being fired in terminal 3. WTF?

Does anyone know whats happening?

I know, I heard it too

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: angeldoll

Shooter came in on Air Canada Flt. Claimed bag...got gun and started shooting.

Wow! Any ideas on where the gun came from?

They allowed him to take it on the plane
When they landed, he took it in the bathroom and came out shooting.

You have to have special permission to take gun on plane.

WTF

Holy cow. That blows my theory. I thought surely the Canadians didn't let him take a gun on the plane, so there must have been a second person who hid a gun for him at the airport.

Oh yeah. Hearing this on the news now. Exactly what you said. Talking heads now saying new law will likely be you can take a gun but no bullets.

WTF is right.

link   
Shots fired in (cannot understand) hanger.
3:49 PM EST

Broward County Fire and Rescue - Live Audio Feed Web Player

Update: 3:52 PM same link shots fired Terminal 3 near Jet Blue.
edit on 6-1-2017 by EightAhoy because: (no reason given)

link   

Shep Smith just called the shooter Emilio Esteban!

LMAO ,

link   
a reply to: khnum

If you have ever filled out an application, you would know that Hispanics are considered Caucasian. SMH

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This is true. They are called white when they shoot people and black when they need to be positioned as victims of evil white people.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I suspect the shooter just looks Hispanic and he has a fake I.D. They can't find him in the Military Database so far per Fox News.

CNN reports they keep running a check on his name and nothing's coming up to match the suspect.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What makes a man that doesn't appear to be a complete wack-job, fly off the handle, and start killing people randomly?

This #hit is getting way beyond even unreasonable logic, and in the realm of mind-control programs that stir up chaos.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I did too, but I'm under the impression that some passengers managed to arm & barricade themselves, so it's possible that it may be as simple as a group of people waiting for a po-po all-clear before coming out instead of being nefarious types holed up.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder if this was a hit.

What was that movie where several were killed in a shooting to hide the fact that one particular individual was really the target of an assasination?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

It is of course sarcasm. I'm quite tired of Trump honks blaming Obama for everything without justification.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If his departure was in Canada it would be much more difficult for him to check-in a firearm. What are your rules up there in Canada?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I would like to know why he had permission.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join