It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injuries reported after shots were fired at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: roadgravel
What's to say the gun was packed, not reported and security didn't see it if they scanned the luggage.

Then security at both ends should be sacked on the spot. sounds highly unlikely to me two airports would miss it.

The TSA has something like a 95+% failure rate at detecting firearms/explosives sent through in test runs.

Wow, that is an absurd statstic..mind if I ask where from you have obtained the information? That is staggering information..

link   
a reply to: JimSmith

just read 5 dead www.dailymail.co.uk...

bunch of pictures at the link

link   
a reply to: tony9802

I actually think this thread sets an ATS record for how long it took for FF to be said. Pg 13!!!
edit on 6-1-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

link   
It's being said he emptied 1 to 2 clips of ammo and then

DROPPED HIS GUN?!?!?!

To allow law enforcement to take him peacefully?
edit on 6-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

So what is really going on when they search my bag behind closed doors?

They x-rayed it and saw something they couldn't figure out. I'll get the mystery check if I put light test equipment in my bag, like multimeters or a small scope. Also, packing scuba equipment tends to draw the mystery check.

link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Sounds like Aaron Alexis. The Navy Yard shooter. Brought in a disassembled shotgun I think. He had filed a Police Report about mind control.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: JimSmith
a reply to: tony9802

By "carried the gun on the plane" they mean it was in his checked baggage. He picked up the bag, went to the bathroom to remove the gun, went out and started shooting. That's how I read it.

makes more sense if he went to the bathroom and collected the gun...

That was my first thought.

hmmmmmm, like the godfather

Sorry...but, yes. That's exactly what occurred to me.

Why are you sorry, that's a reasonable notion.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

It doesn't explain how the airline has no record of him either.

link   
The "I'm not Jewish" thing was reported on NBC. It was mentioned in this post. The video is now DOA. Well, that's convenient.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Noncents because: Added a missing word.

link   
a reply to: JimSmith

I'm reading through comments, lots of speculating.

I'll base it on any policy changes in response.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From Heavy.com

BREAKING: Family confirms this is Esteban Santiago, the alleged Fort Lauderdale Airport shooter t.co... pic.twitter.com/qnd52erJTY

— NBC New York (@NBCNewYork) January 6, 2017

And not fresh off Air Canada, though the other carrier would have been nice to know because the diehard CTers are going to spin the s# out of it.

Some reports said he traveled through Canada, but ABC News is now reporting he went from Anchorage through Minneapolis to Fort Lauderdale.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

So, nothing?

I love me a good conspiracy theory, but it's best to wait a bit. We don't even know 100% who he is (military, non-military, etc).

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Canadian Embassy said nobody with that name was on a Canadian flight.
Theory is he now came from Anchorage-via St. Louis...through to Ft. Lauderdale.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
CBS, Palley just said the shooter walked into FBI headquarters 2 months ago and said the gov is making him watch ISIS videos. They thought he was mental.??? Don't recall if he was admitted

Hmmmm...Manchurian candidate?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just walked in the door been outside plowing all day with the ranger..

Popped on the news and see this ......

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and Their families.

My dad just flew down to Florida to be with my sick grandfather. I am as far north as you can go from Florida and still be in the continental US . But I gotta tell you this hit close to home to me.

There is a special place in hell for people who harm and injure complete strangers..

With deepest respect,
~meathead

link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: EvillerBob

The TSA has something like a 95+% failure rate at detecting firearms/explosives sent through in test runs.

Wow, that is an absurd statstic..mind if I ask where from you have obtained the information? That is staggering information..

www.theguardian.com... news/2015/jun/02/us-airport-security-raised-after-fake-weapons-missed-by-screenings

Airport screeners, who are employed by the Transportation Security Administration, did not detect banned weapons in 67 of 70 tests at dozens of airports, ABC News reported, citing officials briefed on a report by homeland security’s inspector general.
In one test it was reported that TSA screeners failed to find a fake explosive device taped to an undercover agent’s back when they patted him down

That last bit of the quote is actually the subheading, not in the article body itself.

link   

originally posted by: Noncents
The "I'm not Jewish" thing was reported on NBC. It was mentioned in this post. The video is now DOA. Well, that's convenient.

The initial narrative of actual eyewitnesses almost always seems to change significantly. Not just talking about reporters, but the actual eyewitness accounts disappear by the time the main evening news comes on. Par for the course.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: liveandlearn
CBS, Palley just said the shooter walked into FBI headquarters 2 months ago and said the gov is making him watch ISIS videos. They thought he was mental.??? Don't recall if he was admitted

Hmmmm...Manchurian candidate?

My thoughts too. Would like to hear his background history. ABC said earlier he had multiple addresses in Alaska.

BTW It was FBI in Alaska. Didn't make that clear.

link   

originally posted by: Noncents

I was just wondering if he was saying that he wasn't ISIS and due to his accent it was misunderstood. I mean if the story posted above is true, that he claimed to be distraught over IsIs and went to the FBI 2 months ago. Makes you go...hmmm.

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

They aren't looking for drugs, they're looking for threats to the aircraft. If there is a convenient LEO they might report them, if not they ignore them.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join