It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injuries reported after shots were fired at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WARNING GRAPHIC: www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
From Heavy.com

According to NBC Washington, “Alaskan court records show an Esteban Santiago with the same date of birth was charged with two misdemeanors last year; one count was dismissed and Santiago was due back in court on the second this coming March.”

Makes me wonder what those misdemeanors were and if he thought he was screwed permanently over the upcoming court date.

I wonder if he wanted to go out in a blaze of twisted, highly publicized suicide-by-cop glory, and chickened out?

That's a good theory, but what's going on at the Huizenga hanger?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
I want to know why he was yelling that he wasn't Jewish. That's the part that makes zero sense to me. There's a ton of ways this could play out, none of them include needing to declare a lack of Jewishness.

If I am not jewish, then i must be...

edit on 6-1-2017 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

No clue with the hangar/hangars. I'm dialed in on only the PD feed and only half-listening at this point thanks to crap auto-playing when I open news links.

Edit: Take THAT back, just overheard a discussion about a possible shooter hiding in a crowd somewhere, grey top, I think. Can't remember the rest of the description.
edit on 1/6/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
First picture of the assailant taken by a witness:

The assailant's name is Esteban Santiago, here is his Twitter:

Classy, don't you think?

Charming fellow... wouldn't want to bump into him in a dark ally. wonder what his beef is?

Is he a muslim convert?

Mormon..

I got it! Crazy catholic born Canadian muslim mormon convert and not a jew.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If I am not jewish, then i must be...

Pentecostal. That would explain a lot.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Police band say they are looking for a shooter between terminal E and F now.....white high tops and cap

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

He started in Alaska, but the plane apparently stopped over in Canada. Does that technically count as an international flight, since point to point it was domestic?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

In the video, he has taken shots at passengers collecting luggage..but the report states that he had carried the gun on the plane and that it was upon exiting the bathroom of the plane that he began shooting.. so what is it, he was shooting on the plane or shooting from within the baggage claim terminal?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

By "carried the gun on the plane" they mean it was in his checked baggage. He picked up the bag, went to the bathroom to remove the gun, went out and started shooting. That's how I read it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

In the video, he has taken shots at passengers collecting luggage..but the report states that he had carried the gun on the plain and that it was upon exiting the bathroom of the plane that he began shooting.. so what is it, he was shooting on the plain or shooting at the baggage claim terminal?

It's all unclear.

Apparently Air Canada have just stated that there is no record of him in their passenger lists and no checked guns on inbound flights to FtL that day.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: ColdWisdom

We sure this is the same person?

Wonder when the most recent twitter pics were posted. The person in the airport pic appears to have a full beard and much more hair on his head.

And

Did anyone else see the guy with the friar haircut on Fox News? Is it the same guy in this pic?

Yeah, I'm not convinced this is the same guy either.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

In the video, he has taken shots at passengers collecting luggage..but the report states that he had carried the gun on the plane and that it was upon exiting the bathroom of the plane that he began shooting.. so what is it, he was shooting on the plane or shooting from within the baggage claim terminal?

Bathroom ON the plane? Either I misread or someone in at a checkpoint dropped the ball. Anyway, I thought it was said that he might have started shooting from a bathroom in the airport after claiming his own baggage?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's all unclear.

Apparently Air Canada have just stated that there is no record of him in their passenger lists and no checked guns on inbound flights to FtL that day.

CBS reported the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

In the video, he has taken shots at passengers collecting luggage..but the report states that he had carried the gun on the plain and that it was upon exiting the bathroom of the plane that he began shooting.. so what is it, he was shooting on the plain or shooting at the baggage claim terminal?

It's all unclear.

Could be an accomplice was the passenger and this guy knew what suitcase to find.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

By "carried the gun on the plane" they mean it was in his checked baggage. He picked up the bag, went to the bathroom to remove the gun, went out and started shooting. That's how I read it.

that's making better sense.. but I don't think i've ever seen restrooms near baggage claim areas at any airport that i've ever been to, normally you have to go back upstairs to access them..

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

makes more sense if he went to the bathroom and collected the gun...
edit on 6-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Fox saying conflicting reports on what shooter was wearing...Maybe army fatigues? I thought photo showed a regular blue shirt?

Changed into civilian wear in bathroom, maybe?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I've seen them at just about every airport I've been to. There's usually at least one bathroom for every two or three claim areas. Honolulu, where I worked for years, had one set of bathrooms in just about ever claim area.

edit on 1/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
imagine if the military was this inept....what is going on down there...
is it because ATF, FBI and local enforcement all assumed duties of the situation, is that why 5 hrs later there are still unknown threats. have one agency handle the situation instead of 3 departments trying to coordinate this situation.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join