It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report: GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity Where is the proof?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

it appears you are, since you support Obama's actions against Russia.

Go get 'em, Rambo!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

This was 2014:

In response to Russian actions in Ukraine, the United States has imposed progressively stronger sanctions against Russia over the past several months, both by legislative and by executive action. The latest step was taken on December 13, 2014, when Congress unanimously passed the Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014 (the Act).1 The Act targets elements of Russia’s defense, energy, and financial sectors.

The Act also targets foreign financial institutions engaged in certain transactions either with Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs) or with certain Russian defense or energy interests, as well as significant foreign investors in Russian crude oil projects. President Obama, while expressing some misgivings, signed the Act into law on December 18. While early indications from the White House are that the President does not immediately intend to make use of the authority the law grants him, he has left open the possibility of taking swift action should circumstances warrant.
www.mayerbrown.com...

Obama mocked Romney for saying that Russia was a great threat in 2012, catching criticism from Congress.

President Obama’s sanctions against Russia in the wake of hacking allegations are a transparent political ploy that would be more meaningful if he’d spent his presidency standing up to Russian aggression on everything from Crimea to Syria and Israel. They would also be more meaningful if President Obama, who this week orchestrated what’s being called the “biggest retaliation against Russians since the Cold War” if he hadn’t so flippantly dismissed rival Mitt Romney’s prescient analysis of Russian threats. “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years,” President Obama prodded Romney during their 2012 foreign policy debate.
www.salon.com... ings/

"While today's action by the administration is overdue, it is an appropriate way to end eight years of failed policy with Russia," House Speaker Paul Ryan said.

In 2010:
U.N. sanctions loophole: Russia can send missiles to Iran

A draft U.N. resolution that would impose sanctions on Iran, including limits on global arms transfers, will not block the controversial transfer of Russian S-300 missiles to the Iranian military, according to U.S. and Russian officials.

It was at this time that Congress called for US sanctions on Russia. Sorry, I can't find the interview I watched earlier this week, with a Congressman/Senator (?) complaining about Obama ignoring Congress' request for sanctions on Russia at that time.
edit on 6-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All I know for a 100% certainty is that I will never trust the Dems about anything....ever. My first thoughts will always be who did they plant, where did they plant him/her, how much did they pay, and what kind of clandestine and/or fake system did they set up to dupe the people into believing their lies. Also, who did they kill to keep their snip under wraps. I have truly come believe their "real" leadership is evil to the bone.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I have a higher opinion of these guys as their hit to miss ratio is pretty high.
Your description is a bit dramatic and out there no?

I was a baby and young child during most of the cold war but I did do those air raid drills in my early years of elementary school where we crouched in a hallway with our arms over our head. To protect ourselves from nukes LOL. That ended in 65 or so. I was in second grade.

Most of this was lost in the haze of childhoods drama.
It was Vietnam and sit ins and woman's rights that ruled my formative years.
You're making me older than I am.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And it should be noted that the cold war was the silent war for many years. Unnoticed by most in daily life.
The middle east has really been the focus for a long time.
My dad had to travel to Israel and Turkey for business in the sixties and we worried about his safety.
We were first introduced to the word hijacking during this time.
It was still the cold war but it wasn't the focus.
Reagan began the big disarmament moves in the eighties but things had already been quiet and even cordial for a good long time.
edit on 162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What has he done but close some embassies and send some people home?

Yes I support diplomatic sanctions and non violent actions against them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So what punishments should America receive?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Rambo?
Don't make me laugh. You couldn't be further off.
Tiny 5'2" lady.
And like I said I didn't even spank my children.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You asked that I answered counselor.

What punishment would you impose?
edit on 162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Rambo?
Don't make me laugh. You couldn't be further off.
Tiny 5'2" lady.
And like I said I didn't even spank my children.

Why is it that the only ones who really want war are the ones that will never fight it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't want war. I protested against war. I'm a peacenick. Love and flowers and take care of those who can't take care of themselves kind of woman.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't want war. I protested against war. I'm a peacenick. Love and flowers and take care of those who can't take care of themselves kind of woman.

Yeah, uh. . . no.

Not if you were for Hillary, for Obama making hostile moves towards a foreign nation for doing what we do.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Self-proclaimed anti-war people calling for war here or intervention there seems to be a recurring theme here these days.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join