It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So in other words you're moving the goal posts. Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nah, the illegal immigrant jobs can go back to citizens who should work for a living to gain pride and accomplishments instead of handouts and shame of lifelong welfare. There cant be that many illegals among the legals in the same work forces.

Kind of sad you assume illegals are only dead muscle labor only. I know of 2 business owners from Mexico and Belize in my 30k population town. They dont have violent records so they will be allowed to stay and work towards legitimate citizenship.

Welfare is for deserving handicapped and elderly, and temp help for those screwed out of jobs until the factories come back.

As well, teenagers can once again start working for their money and get jobs picking produce in the fields or canneries. That will also help with the entitlement problem we have in our youth today.
edit on 162017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

How America’s harshest immigration law failed

“Illegal is illegal.” With that rallying cry, Alabama passed HB 56 in 2011, the harshest state immigration law in the country.

The lead sponsor of the bill boasted to state representatives that the law “attacks every aspect of an illegal alien’s life.” Among its key provisions: landlords were banned from renting homes to undocumented immigrants, schools had to check students’ legal status, and police were required to arrest suspected immigration violators. Even giving unauthorized immigrants a ride became a crime.

The vast scope of the law turned Alabama into an unprecedented test for the anti-immigration movement. If self-deportation didn’t work there, it’s hard to imagine where it could. Early reports suggested success: undocumented immigrants appeared to flee Alabama en masse. But two years later, HB 56 is in ruins. Its most far-reaching elements have proved unconstitutional, unworkable, or politically unsustainable. Elected officials, social workers, clergy, activists, and residents say an initial immigrant evacuation that roiled their communities ended long ago. Many who fled have returned to their old homes.

What Donald Trump Can Learn from Alabama’s Failed Anti-Immigration Law

How has Alabama been impacted economically?
A significant amount of people left the state, and the industries affected the most adversely were agriculture, hospitality, and some construction. Either people went to a neighboring state, or some became independent contractors because the immigration law only applies to employees. When people left the state it reduced the tax base—sales tax, income tax, and overall revenue. Investment went down. People do not want to invest in a state that is perceived to be hostile to immigrants in general.

Turns out that even when you kick the illegals out, Americans still don't want those jobs.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

How is it superfluous? For many in rural areas it is their best option. Just look at Indiana. VP-elect Pence defunded PP and HIV rates skyrocketed.

Condom purchase should be a personal responsibility.

But I agree, since Planned Parenthood is THE ONLY PLACE where condoms can be purchased.

Yes because you know human beings, especially the poor and uneducated, are soooooo responsible. Do you even believe yourself when you say stuff like this? Now come back to reality and use your brain to process how things actually work. People, regardless of income, have sex and make mistakes. I know those two things seem impossible to someone as amazing as yourself (sarcasm), but surely even the unperceptive cliche conspiracy theorist can see that birth control in all its forms including education (which probably costs you less than a penny each year) is a highly valuable tool for those who are in need. Personally, I'm not too high on the social problems created by children raised in unstable environments. I'm happy to toss a connie out to keep yet another hellraiser from being created in our society.

I think the people of the Appalachians and inner cities, where these problems are most prevalent, would agree. Actually, I know they would agree because I come from both areas and experience it first-hand. You, not understanding that at all, could care less and are too short sighted to realize that it actually costs you and society more to not provide the services PP happens to provide.

It's pretty comical watching the conspiract theorist and religious kook shoot himself in the foot. It's unfortunate they cannot figure out how to participate in society like decent human beings.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

“Illegal is illegal.” With that rallying cry, Alabama passed HB 56 in 2011, the harshest state immigration law in the country.

The lead sponsor of the bill boasted to state representatives that the law “attacks every aspect of an illegal alien’s life.” Among its key provisions: landlords were banned from renting homes to undocumented immigrants, schools had to check students’ legal status, and police were required to arrest suspected immigration violators. Even giving unauthorized immigrants a ride became a crime.

The vast scope of the law turned Alabama into an unprecedented test for the anti-immigration movement. If self-deportation didn’t work there, it’s hard to imagine where it could. Early reports suggested success: undocumented immigrants appeared to flee Alabama en masse. But two years later, HB 56 is in ruins. Its most far-reaching elements have proved unconstitutional, unworkable, or politically unsustainable. Elected officials, social workers, clergy, activists, and residents say an initial immigrant evacuation that roiled their communities ended long ago. Many who fled have returned to their old homes.

A significant amount of people left the state, and the industries affected the most adversely were agriculture, hospitality, and some construction. Either people went to a neighboring state, or some became independent contractors because the immigration law only applies to employees. When people left the state it reduced the tax base—sales tax, income tax, and overall revenue. Investment went down. People do not want to invest in a state that is perceived to be hostile to immigrants in general.

Turns out that even when you kick the illegals out, Americans still don't want those jobs.

Random, but true story. I try to offer people jobs working the fields. The unemployed and uneducated don't want those jobs. They think they deserve $50k a year for earning nothing in their lives ever, having zero education, and are entirely void of skills. The Mexican worker doesn't complain like the entitled American and they show up to work on time and sober. The drunken alt right YouTube conspiracy theorist can't handle simple tasks or directions. Companies simply don't want these people. They're the unhireable.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Moving the goal posts? Your whole argument is that taxpayers don't have to pay for abortions through PP. I looked into it and it seems that we do pay for all the services leading up to the abortion and afterwards. So yea, I'm onboard for defunding PP all the way.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

so what are these pre-abortion and post abortion services that they are providing??

this is all I could think of that they might be..
pre-abortion

pregnancy testing..
counseling...
referral...

post abortion...
not really sure, since I imagine that the one who did the abortion would want to be the one who did the follow up exam.
maybe, they might be the ones to provide decent birth control methods for the women after the abortion??

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Random, but true story. I try to offer people jobs working the fields. The unemployed and uneducated don't want those jobs. They think they deserve $50k a year for earning nothing in their lives ever, having zero education, and are entirely void of skills. The Mexican worker doesn't complain like the entitled American and they show up to work on time and sober. The drunken alt right YouTube conspiracy theorist can't handle simple tasks or directions. Companies simply don't want these people. They're the unhireable.

Then to piggy back off of this, the next thing people do is say, "Well we'll just put prisoners to work" but that just results in even SLOPPIER work getting done because they couldn't give a # about doing a good job.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of what the GOP does but this is just stupid even for the GOP.

A lot of GOP people already complain about spending tax money on welfare and food stamps and other government programs for the poor so why do they want to create more welfare babies, that will need government assistance, by cutting funding to planned parenthood?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Would only americans stuff thier pride away and take on honest work. Once you start taking subsidies away, they will be forced to work... or bitch until they get it all for free like where we are now.

Depending on importing cheap labor, while getting fat and lazy in the middle is what toppled Rome.

I see the trend of handing out a basic living checks in Europe, and its probably where we are headed, but it doesnt make it work either.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

“billed taxpayers for services and supplies rendered as part of the provision of abortions, including, without limitation, office visits, ultrasounds, Rh factor tests, lab work, general counseling, and abortion aftercare, all of which were, when provided, integral to and/or related to surgical and medical/Telemed abortion procedures and thus not properly reimbursable pursuant to the Title XIX-Medicaid Program.”

Source

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Would only americans stuff thier pride away and take on honest work. Once you start taking subsidies away, they will be forced to work... or bitch until they get it all for free like where we are now.

Subsidies? You mean we are going to stop subsidizing industries that make a profit and all the corporate welfare that FAR outstrips personal welfare in spending? Oh wait no. This is just more hateful and greedy conservative talk about wanting to keep all their money and screw over poor people. I'm sure businesses deserve MORE subsidies. In fact. I'm guessing they deserve the ones we are about to strip from all these people. Just before we kick them out into the sun to earn the #tiest pay ever (illegal wages) while doing backbreaking labor. LIBERTY!

Depending on importing cheap labor, while getting fat and lazy in the middle is what toppled Rome.

You should try cracking open a history book sometime. You are VASTLY over simplifying why Rome fell. Not to mention half of the empire continued for an additional 1000 years after the one in the west fell.

I see the trend of handing out a basic living checks in Europe, and its probably where we are headed, but it doesnt make it work either.

What are you talking about? You get to have a Libertarian wet dream over the next four years. We get to see how ALL the most extreme anti-government rhetoric really works out for you guys.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

an rh factor test would be given regardless of weather the women wanted to keep the baby or not..

If you're Rh negative and your baby might be or is Rh positive, you'll also need an Rh immune globulin injection after any situation in which your blood could come into contact with the baby's blood, including:

Miscarriage
Abortion
Ectopic pregnancy — when a fertilized eggs implants somewhere outside the uterus, usually in a fallopian tube
Molar pregnancy — a noncancerous (benign) tumor that develops in the uterus
Amniocentesis — a prenatal test in which a sample of the fluid that surrounds and protects a baby in the uterus (amniotic fluid) is removed for testing or treatment
Chorionic villus sampling — a prenatal test in which a sample of the wispy projections that make up most of the placenta (chorionic villi) is removed for testing
Bleeding during pregnancy
Blunt trauma to the abdomen during pregnancy
Rotation of a baby in a breech position — such as buttocks first — before labor
Fetal blood sampling

maybe I am reading it wrong, but it seems to be saying that if at any point during the pregnancy, the women decides to abort, well, nothing should be paid? not the office visit that would confirm a preganancy, not the blood test that would not only check for the RH factor but many other things.. including iron.. which is bull..
before you can decide if there will an abortion or not, you have to confirm you are pregnant. results of those blood tests or ultrasounds might be deciding factors. counseling before a pregnancy doesn't necessarily lead to an abortion, and afterwards more than likely would be more in tune to preventing future births.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We're back to old white man rule again.

Lovely.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

maybe I am reading it wrong, but it seems to be saying that if at any point during the pregnancy, the women decides to abort, well, nothing should be paid?

I'm totally ok with that. If they want to abort they can receive the bill, not the taxpayers.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

just say no... to sex... let the men have their fun with the prostitutes and tramps if they want it that badly...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

just say no... to sex... let the men have their fun with the prostitutes and tramps if they want it that badly...

Seriously. So ridiculous these male politician making rules for us women.

Women in other countries, China, Africa, etc are choosing careers over marriage and men. We don't need them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

So now we know you are not for equal treatment of all women !!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your argument isn't not an equality equivalent. All women have the right to say no. If a guy can't take no for answer and needs to go elsewhere, whores and tramps are sure NOT to say no.

Do you understand now?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
they want to end title x..
they don't like the idea of insurance companies covering birth control
and, of course, they want to end abortion..

really what they want if more babies, higher population, more workers for those low paying jobs.

but, what they understand is that the smart women, the ones that are the most responsible, aren't going to be forced into motherhood anyways... they will just say screw the sex...
and then what are they going to do? force the sex on us?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join