It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm done arguing off topic with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
first I highly doubt if they are going to just up and repeal all of obamacare, by what I read, it would be very costly..

money.cnn.com...

money.cnn.com...

although they might decide to remove a few of those things that the republicans find offensive in it.. no, not the mandate to have insurance silly... the birth control mandate, the subsidies so that we could afford to have the insurance that they mandate might end up going away.
my guess is that they won't full out repeal obamacare, but they will try to end that birth control mandate, leaving it up to insurance companies and employees to decide weather or not they wish to include it in their policies. not a giant loss to women, but still a loss..

I have also seen where they want to end the funding of planned parenthood, but in some stories that has included title X also.. this would hurt more in my opinion and leave the poor unable to obtain birth control.

but then..... I have also read stories about them wanting to bring up a federal heartbeat bill...

www.rightwingwatch.org...

which at the moment I would place in the rumor category since there doesn't seem to be any more reliable sources for this.

but let's consider just what would happen if all of this did happen, shall we?
my guess is that before obamacare there were some women who didn't have any insurance coverage for birth control.. and they would go back to not having any. title x would quite providing help for those women who aren't insured. some women would not be able to obtain birth control..
and many women would not realize that they were pregnant before there was a detectable heartbeat.. so that law that some want would effectively ban abortions... unless they fall under a few exceptions.. if they lawmakers actually remember to write in those exceptions..

we have a few on this thread saying well, we shouldn't be having sex if we don't have babies.... but do they really think that their wife, their girlfriend, are going to be one of those who follow that advice?? have to wonder....

the biggest women's march is soon to take place in dc..

theslot.jezebel.com...

if the men saw a bunch of signs among that mass of women basically saying
no birth control + no abortion = no sex..
and the wives of these political republicans were being mail bombed with letters encouraging them to say the same to their husbands...
that message probably would be more effective than anything else we could say!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So in other words you pretty much just feel that the poor can go f*** themselves. How very Christian of you.

I'm non-religious and no I dont feel the poor can just go f*** themselves. But the lazy ones can.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
People underestimate what is about to happen. The silent majority is no longer silent...and the corruption, vice, and incompetence is about to end. There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth, even more than there already is from the "Tolerant" left. Can't wait to start Doorkickin again!!!
a reply to: Profusion

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: windword

Maybe with the exception of a rape victim, but other than that it was their choice to try and have a baby.

Do you think that all women are trying to have a baby when they have sex? Do you think all men, when they're having sex with women, are trying to make a baby?

Do I really have to explain that when you have sex, protected or not. There is a risk for pregnancy.

No. I'm sure windword understands that perfectly. What about the teenage kids who are just starting to grow into their sexuality and know next to nothing about sex and its life changing consequences? If they knew and understood this then teen pregnancy wouldn't be as high as it it. That is a statement of fact.

I have a 13 year old boy. Another statement of fact is parents need to educate their children.

Should we blame children for not "choosing" good parents?

Parents should/could/need to . . . and . . .

All these replies are great. I know I sound cold, but I don't really care. Everyone else's children is not my responsibility. There will always be people in need and this liberal stance that everyone can be taken care of and have some sort of standard of living at the same level as everyone else is insane and undoable. What's next? Are they gonna ask the American taxpayers to start taking care of 3rd world countries children?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Are they gonna ask the American taxpayers to start taking care of 3rd world countries children?

aren't we asked to now??
here's a question for you...
in every third world country where the women were given the ability to control their reproduction rate...
there has been an improvement in the entire society that they were living in. the women were freed to devout more time to generating wealth for the community.

you are all so against your taxmoney to be used to help needy families, aren't you??
so, wouldn't it be more financially in your best interest to just help people one that borderline between needy and self sufficient to avoid another mouth to feed than to deny them that help and find them among the needy that you will be helping out in nine months???

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Not only are we asked to help provide for Third World children but we're also the World Police. Of course any proposals to cut defense spending in favor of helping out at home are blocked by the guys currently in charge.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well if the 'rebel' flag got banned for being 'racist'.

Planned parenthood needs to go for the same reason.

Since it was created by one.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Are they gonna ask the American taxpayers to start taking care of 3rd world countries children?

aren't we asked to now??
here's a question for you...
in every third world country where the women were given the ability to control their reproduction rate...
there has been an improvement in the entire society that they were living in. the women were freed to devout more time to generating wealth for the community.

you are all so against your taxmoney to be used to help needy families, aren't you??
so, wouldn't it be more financially in your best interest to just help people one that borderline between needy and self sufficient to avoid another mouth to feed than to deny them that help and find them among the needy that you will be helping out in nine months???

My only issue is there is a big difference between needy people and lazy people. There tends to be a lot of lazy people receiving the benefits that take it away from the needy. Plus as already stated this whole argument started with me stating PP shouldn't be used as birth control. I was discussing a part of PP that I disagree with, which has been spun into this ridiculous argument that I have some vendetta against all people in need.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes indeed, just getting started, OP
Planned Parenthood seem to always conflate all health services for women with abortion.
Anyone prepared to be honest will know that Trump separated the abortion question on more than one occasion during the campaign.
Planned Parenthood are going to be defunded and likely closed down if they continue with their dishonesty. Can't happen too soon.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The flag hasn't be banned anywhere. Feel free to display it on your porch or the top of your car. Also, since its creation PP has done a lot of good despite the controversial views of one of its founders. On the other hand the "rebel flag" has been a rallying symbol for neo-Nazis and the KKK.

I also find it funny how the same people that argue against PP because of the views of one of its founders are the same people that ultimately are arguing for something similar. I mean isn't that what most of the arguments against PP break down in to? Poor people shouldn't be having sex/babies.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Not only are we asked to help provide for Third World children but we're also the World Police. Of course any proposals to cut defense spending in favor of helping out at home are blocked by the guys currently in charge.

Trumps stance is to roll back our roll as the "World Police", which is one of the reasons I voted for the man.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Remember all those Red states that thought all welfare recipients were on drugs so they required mandatory drug tests to receive welfare benefits? How did that turn out in every case? Oh yeah the states lost even more money because a vast majority of welfare recipients were clean. Maybe it's just me but your most poor people=lazy position seems analogous to that.

And once more, people aren't using PP as birth control. People getting birth control are either A.) paying for it through their insurance or B.) getting it through Medicaid. In which case the government would be paying for it whether they got it from PP or not.

If by "birth control" you're actually referring to abortions then Medicaid does not cover that. Thus, the government is not funding abortions. Now, for all I know some individuals at PP may be trying to bill an abortion through Medicaid as something else. I've never heard of any such case, but if such a thing did occur those people should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for insurance fraud. That said, that hypothetical situation shouldn't be used as a reason to defund PP as whole.

That would be like trying to ban guns as a whole because a few lone nuts went on killing sprees.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And where is the potential money saved going to go? A wall and to pay for repealing Obamacare. How does that help the average man?

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that by cutting back the defense budget/scaling back the military means a lot of soldiers without a job. What's the solution to that? Send them to work on the wall for a few months and then let them fend for themselves on the streets because any kind of safety net has been gutted?

Trump supporters need to face it. He made a lot of wild promises that are in no way feasible without widescale reform and regulation. Two things the GOP have always been opposed to.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

PP shouldn't be used as birth control

and just where should people go when they are gone for those needs that planned parenthood is providing?
our local county health centers??
ya know I checked the website of the one in my area.. it seems that if you want to get tested for an std, well there is one day where you can go in, but it's a first come, first serve thing... which kind gives me the idea that at the end of that one day, there is probably some that are turned away, to come in on another day, and waste that one just to be turned away again...
and... guess what... it doesn't provide mammograms either!!!

besides, the same republicans who want to take the funding away from planned parenthood, want to take away title X.

www.newsplex.com...

of which those county health centers are getting for their programs.

healthcare for the uninsured in this country is deplorable... and I speak from experience. too many fall through the cracks as it is. clinics like planned parenthood help catch some of those who have been blocked from the system. and there isn't enough nets thrown to catch them all as it is.
so you tell me, just where do they go?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Remember all those Red states that thought all welfare recipients were on drugs so they required mandatory drug tests to receive welfare benefits? How did that turn out in every case? Oh yeah the states lost even more money because a vast majority of welfare recipients were clean. Maybe it's just me but your most poor people=lazy position seems analogous to that.

And once more, people aren't using PP as birth control. People getting birth control are either A.) paying for it through their insurance or B.) getting it through Medicaid. In which case the government would be paying for it whether they got it from PP or not.

If by "birth control" you're actually referring to abortions then Medicaid does not cover that. Thus, the government is not funding abortions. Now, for all I know some individuals at PP may be trying to bill an abortion through Medicaid as something else. I've never heard of any such case, but if such a thing did occur those people should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for insurance fraud. That said, that hypothetical situation shouldn't be used as a reason to defund PP as whole.

That would be like trying to ban guns as a whole because a few lone nuts went on killing sprees.

From my research it seems PP bills taxpayers for all the services that lead up to the abortion and the aftercare needed for an abortion. So basically we're paying for all the services except the actual abortion part.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Looks like many overpaid PP employees are gonna have to take a pay cut !!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

looks like alot of medicaid patients might have to find someone else to provide these services... like hey, I know, doctor's offices, ob/gyns... oh, wait a minute, more and more ob/gyns are dropping their medicaid patients or refusing to accept new ones because half the time the gov't doesn't even pay the cost of the service...
oh well.. maybe the gov't can just force all doctors to take them as patients!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

And what about the prenatal care they provide to many? Or do you not care if the baby comes out healthy just so long as it comes out?

The babies thaat are allowed to live will take place of the deported illegal violent offenders that pull freebies and expedited death row process.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

a reply to: DBCowboy

And what about the prenatal care they provide to many? Or do you not care if the baby comes out healthy just so long as it comes out?

The babies thaat are allowed to live will take place of the deported illegal violent offenders that pull freebies and expedited death row process.

So now we are putting babies to work? And backbreaking labor at that...
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join