It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

And PP does far more than just give out birth control. As I mentioned previously they provide prenatal care. Not only that but they also provide basic check ups for women. But I guess those calling for the defunding of PP only see women as incubators and it doesn't matter if the baby comes out with complications because that somehow means you're pro-life.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ignorance is no excuse. We are not a third world country. Even the hood rat rap songs tell them what sex does.

Fine. Then promote better sexual education. If you think that a rap song is indicative of good sexual education then there is something wrong with you.

Obama bought them smart phones ON OUR DIME. You wanna claim ignorance? Nonsense!

Speaking of ignorance. "Obama" phones are a Bush creation. You should try denying some of that ignorance there buddy.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: windword

Sex is a risk. No excuse.

No excuse for what? Nobody's is asking you to excuse them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You are asking the American populace to excuse their recklessness. They know the risks going into sexual intercourse, its not my fault when they lose that bet.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can afford it. They should leave women and social issues alone. Now, I am going to fight back.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Obama bought them smart phones ON OUR DIME. You wanna claim ignorance? Nonsense!

No he didn't. That program started under Bush. Also they're hardly smart phones. They're the most basic cell phone there is and are primarily there to give homeless people a POC for potential employers, case workers, doctors, etc. But please, go on repeating GOP taking points. It only serves to show that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to PP.

link   

Linked to Clinton in the Telecommunications Act of 1996, not Bush.

Widely disputed.

link   

You are asking the American populace to excuse their recklessness.

How is using Planned Parenthood to obtain birth control reckless?

If a woman should find herself with an unwanted pregnancy, abortion isn't reckless either.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You are asking the American populace to excuse their recklessness. They know the risks going into sexual intercourse, its not my fault when they lose that bet.

No. They don't understand the risks. Teenagers are STUPID. They make stupid decisions and your stubborn callousness doesn't mean that a kid should have to live with a mistake they made when they didn't fully understand what they were doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I am paying for planned parenthood. We do not need PP. Many other avenues for birth control and education.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Linked to Clinton in the Telecommunications Act of 1996, not Bush.

Widely disputed.

Proof? Or are we just farting in the wind here?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I am paying for planned parenthood. We do not need PP. Many other avenues for birth control and education.

A rose by any other name........

You'll still be paying for it, no matter what they name the clinics!
edit on 6-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

And by defunding PP guess who gets to pick up all the expenses related with pregnancy? Still the taxpayers. Except now it will probably cost them more because a hospital is going to charge way more than PP for the same procedure.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And PP does far more than just give out birth control. As I mentioned previously they provide prenatal care. Not only that but they also provide basic check ups for women. But I guess those calling for the defunding of PP only see women as incubators and it doesn't matter if the baby comes out with complications because that somehow means you're pro-life.

I don't see women as just incubators, that's just your projection onto others and I because we have a different opinion than you. We all are required by law to have health insurance, so use it. I don't feel sorry for anyone that has a baby and isn't ready for it. Maybe with the exception of a rape victim, but other than that it was their choice to try and have a baby.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

www.obamaphone.com...

You DO realize that if you are going to use that link then your claim is also wrong because that link gives credence to tracing this policy back to the Woodrow Wilson administration right?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And as i said to you previously, it's widely disputed. So is the Russian narrative, but we all know the truth there.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And as i said to you previously, it's widely disputed. So is the Russian narrative, but we all know the truth there.

Yet you seemed pretty definitive when you were blaming Obama for buying smart phones. I guess it is ok to blame as a conservative but not deflect the blame as a liberal. That's the only "truth" you seem to be telling me.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Maybe with the exception of a rape victim, but other than that it was their choice to try and have a baby.

Do you think that all women are trying to have a baby when they have sex? Do you think all men, when they're having sex with women, are trying to make a baby?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The program has only grown under Obama. So yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join