It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Many GOP voters who call themselves "religious conservatives" want this more than anything

This is not a referendum on abortion . This is a referendum on Planned Parenthood using Federal funding for abortions. Strictly a no-no

Hopefully with the GOP getting the message that most of America doesn't want this as was seen when more people showed up to the poles for Clinton.

Only the "Left Wing Loons" on the "Left Coast" . You know the ones . The folks that are Suck-Seeding from the Union of States

edit on 1/6/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Many GOP voters who call themselves "religious conservatives" want this more than anything

This is not a referendum on abortion . This is a referendum on Planned Parenthood using Federal funding for abortions. Strictly a no-no

And that is an invented narrative by the religious right who don't bother to understand how Planned Parenthood works.

edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And that is an invented narrative by the religious right who don't bother to understand how Planned Parenthood works.

Its not an "invented narrative. Its a Federal Law. Of course , some folks dont know what law is..

Now ,
Game over man . Just a conservative hater.
You dont have any tokens

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

About those condoms. I know a family that named their kids condom #1 and condom #2. Not all body parts are the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We are not a third world country. People know what sex does. People who do not use discression, ESPECIALLY regarding human life, are wreckless and harming the entire country while we cover them. END IT.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It will only blow up in their faces if they do it wrong. I was listening to Rand Paul on the morning radio show (yesterday, I think), and he's correct in saying that the only time that they should attempt this repeal is once they have finalized their replacement bill, that way they can do the votes back to back, and Americans will have a chance to see what will be replacing it and will have that 'guarantee' (as much as anything is a guarantee in the federal government) that there will be something there when the PPACA is gone.

If they do it right, it will work out just fine. But don't you think that the focus of a repeal should be on how it affects Americans instead of how it affects Republican politicians? Have we gotten so far off of the focus of why things happen that we only focus on whether or not there will be political backlash for those who do/don't vote for something?

ETA: Personally, I think this it just needs repealed and the government should go back to focusing on regulating instead of outright controlling the health-insurance industry. There has not been a net gain of good that has come from the PPACA, IMO, and I do include the loss of the freedom to choose not to buy something from private industry without being punished by the government.
edit on 6-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

About those condoms. I know a family that named their kids condom #1 and condom #2. Not all body parts are the same.

Do the kids get picked on at school?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's an invented narrative in that that's not how Planned Parenthood's business model works. They're not breaking the law, The Hyde Amendment, and are operating within the law when they perform abortions.

edit on 6-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How is it superfluous? For many in rural areas it is their best option. Just look at Indiana. VP-elect Pence defunded PP and HIV rates skyrocketed.

There is this thing called condoms. But I guess only responsible people use those these days.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Its not an "invented narrative. Its a Federal Law. Of course , some folks dont know what law is..

Now ,
Game over man . Just a conservative hater.
You dont have any tokens

Yes. It IS a law, but no PP isn't using tax money to pay for abortions. THAT is a religious conservative invented narrative. Way to twist my point when you knew exactly what I meant.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How is it superfluous? For many in rural areas it is their best option. Just look at Indiana. VP-elect Pence defunded PP and HIV rates skyrocketed.

There is this thing called condoms. But I guess only responsible people use those these days.

Do you think a responsible a woman would rely on her partner, solely, to secure and wear a condom to protect her from an unwanted pregnancy?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

A responsible woman would NOT have sex if she felt the risk of having a child. Get real.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It will only blow up in their faces if they do it wrong. I was listening to Rand Paul on the morning radio show (yesterday, I think), and he's correct in saying that the only time that they should attempt this repeal is once they have finalized their replacement bill, that way they can do the votes back to back, and Americans will have a chance to see what will be replacing it and will have that 'guarantee' (as much as anything is a guarantee in the federal government) that there will be something there when the PPACA is gone.

I agree, but Paul Ryan disagrees and he wants to repeal first and then figure things out later.

If they do it right, it will work out just fine. But don't you think that the focus of a repeal should be on how it affects Americans instead of how it affects Republican politicians? Have we gotten so far off of the focus of why things happen that we only focus on whether or not there will be political backlash for those who do/don't vote for something?

I'm taking personal satisfaction in watching Republicans' idiotic rhetoric blow up in their faces after 8 years of bashing the Democrats over the head with it. Now they get to live by it. Yes. I'm being petty, but they deserve it. Karma's a bitch.

ETA: Personally, I think this it just needs repealed and the government should go back to focusing on regulating instead of outright controlling the health-insurance industry. There has not been a net gain of good that has come from the PPACA, IMO, and I do include the loss of the freedom to choose not to buy something from private industry without being punished by the government.

Have you personally researched the consequences of doing such a thing in today's health care environment? It's not pretty.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

A responsible woman would NOT have sex if she felt the risk of having a child. Get real.

LOL! You get real! Women rarely have sex because they want children!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

We are not a third world country. People know what sex does. People who do not use discression, ESPECIALLY regarding human life, are wreckless and harming the entire country while we cover them. END IT.

Actually no. Many Americans DON'T fully understand the consequences of sex. Sexual education in this country is outright TERRIBLE in certain states (usually the same ones that are against abortion too). Abstinence only education doesn't teach proper condom use for instance. It's kids learning this # on the fly which leads to teenage pregnancies.

Also. Third world countries are usually the types to ban abortion. It's the first world countries that allow it. You may want to go study geographic politics a bit more in depth.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes, they do it for pleasure. They risk bringing a child into this world, for the sake of pleasure. Shame on them after the kid pops out and they don't know what to do.

I have used discression all of my sexually active life. They have no excuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
"What are you gonna do about it, make a sign and chant? We run the show now and we do not want to subsidize your life, most especially your abortions. Change is coming. End of."

poster is the most honest one today. He/she is right, this is the way it is. There is no representation of other ideas. But, what I can do, is exercise my private rights and not associate with the anti christs. I will spend my money on as many foreign goods as possible, online. I will not buy American unless no choice.

Enjoy while you can, because I'm hoping Trump follows through on his promises and slaps tariffs on those crap products.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Ignorance is no excuse. We are not a third world country. Even the hood rat rap songs tell them what sex does.

Obama bought them smart phones ON OUR DIME. You wanna claim ignorance? Nonsense!
edit on 6-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

There's nothing wrong with having sex for pleasure. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have children. There's nothing wrong with using Planned Parenthood to get birth control or even procure an abortion.

If you don't want women having sex for pleasure, then don't have pleasurable sex with them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Sex is a risk. No excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join