It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: UKTruth

Glad we got that fixed. Because I don't want to pay for a multi billion dollar wall I don't agree with.

Drawing equivalence between a defensive barrier to aggressively terminating innocent human life.

Right.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No body is forced to pay for abortion in the US. Maybe in the UK
your tax payers fund abortions, but here the Hyde Amendment prevents that's.

These "I don't want to pay for what I don't support" arguments are false narratives and hypocritical, because tax dollars pay for all kinds of things that any "moral" person should oppose.

Funds are spongeable. The money that goes to non-abortion health services allows other funds to go to abortions.

All PP has to do is divest their abortion services into a separate entity which is privately funded. If there is as much support as people believe outside of government assistance, this new entity will be entirely self-sustaining.

They can put up or shut up.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Can you provide proof that the reimbursements that Planned Parenthood receives for medical services rendered goes to lobbying expenses and that their lobbying funds don't come from donations.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Abortion is not illegal. We already have the most expensive defense in the world, the military.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes I am sure about that point. PPs in urban areas have more than just Medicaid patients so they won't have to worry about closing. Rural PPs on the other hand are primarily frequented by Medicaid patients. Thus, those locations will have to close.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The money that goes to non-abortion health services allows other funds to go to abortions.

Whose funds? Do you mean, if a woman is allowed to see a doctor using Medicare, it will free up extra money for her to spend on abortions, that she wouldn't otherwise have?

What about hospitals that allow abortions in their ORs. Should their Medicare reimbursements be curtailed too?
edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Abortion is not illegal. We already have the most expensive defense in the world, the military.

Yes we know. But it is not an entitlement, nor is it a constitutional obligation of the federal government. Like defense and military is.

You like abortion so much, *YOU* pay for it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The money that goes to non-abortion health services allows other funds to go to abortions.

Whose funds? Do you mean, if a woman is allowed to see a doctor using Medicare, it will free up extra money for her to spend on abortions, that she wouldn't otherwise have?

What about hospitals that allow abortions in their ORs. Should their Medicare reimbursements be curtailed too?

If it's tax dollars, yes. Period stop.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have never known anyone paying for an abortion from federal money. There is a law for that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

With that logic, no one should ever receive any government money whatsoever, because it could save someone, somewhere, money to do something that you don't approve of with!

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
religious groups and churches also receive gov't funds in exchange for some of the services they provide. hmmm... how can we be sure that that new church down the street that has just been built wasn't built on the taxpayer's dime???

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have never known anyone paying for an abortion from federal money. There is a law for that.

See above for 'spongeable' budgets. If the government is sending money to PP, then that money is funding abortions no matter how you try to worm around it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

With that logic, no one should ever receive any government money whatsoever, because it could save someone, somewhere, money to do something that you don't approve of with!

I think you are catching on! Our tax dollars should only be spent by the government towards the limited mandates and responsibilities that are written down in law.

Healthcare and other forms of welfare are not the mandate or responsibility of the government.

Period.

Stop.

link   
[sheesh triple]
edit on 7-1-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

link   
[double]
edit on 7-1-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The federal government and local and state governments disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
religious groups and churches also receive gov't funds in exchange for some of the services they provide. hmmm... how can we be sure that that new church down the street that has just been built wasn't built on the taxpayer's dime???

That's fine. I can live with that. Less for the government to pay out, less to tax people, more money they can give to religious organizations or abortion clinics by their own choice.

I'm for it!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The federal government and local and state governments disagree with you.

Locally, maybe. In your State, possibly. I invite you to look for any mention of in the federal Constitution's enumerated powers. I'm patient.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If a hospital allows it's O.R. to be used by authorized doctors to perform abortions, which most non-Catholic hospitals do, does that mean that you think the hospital shouldn't be able to recoup the Medicare reimbursement of another person's knee surgery? That's your Planned Parenthood (il)logic. Doesn't make much sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

okay then, let's cut all the medicaid, the chips, and while we are at it, how about we save even more money and quite funding the medical research...
no??

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join