It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Just Responded to Paul Ryan's Threat to Defund the Health Organization

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

you haven't heard?? they made is more convenient for us!! now, when you go visit granny in the nursing home, you can receive a low cost pap smear as a reward from the staff, and your dentist will be more than happy to insert that IUD for you after he fills your teeth. or if neither of these are appropriate, you can always stop by the nurse's office when you drop off your kids for whatever you need!!

don't worry, they gotcha covered!! heck the judge that they gave their list of alternative providers were so overjoyed with how convenient they had made it for women, he almost couldn't contain his laughter!

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What issues am I lumping together? The simple fact is that defunding PP hurts poor, rural, women the most. It also will cause an increase in taxes. Now women who were getting procedures done at PP ate going to have to go to hospitals where they will be billed more than what they were at PP. Since they're on Medicaid that means the government is going to be footing a larger bill and where do you think those funds are going to come from?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: windword

you haven't heard?? they made is more convenient for us!! now, when you go visit granny in the nursing home, you can receive a low cost pap smear as a reward from the staff, and your dentist will be more than happy to insert that IUD for you after he fills your teeth. or if neither of these are appropriate, you can always stop by the nurse's office when you drop off your kids for whatever you need!!

don't worry, they gotcha covered!! heck the judge that they gave their list of alternative providers were so overjoyed with how convenient they had made it for women, he almost couldn't contain his laughter!

www.rawstory.com...

The propaganda you linked makes no sense.
Are you saying that the 22 PP clinics are the ONLY places in the entire state of Florida where quality health care is provided?
What about a state like Kentucky with only 2 PP clinics? How do they get by?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What issues am I lumping together? The simple fact is that defunding PP hurts poor, rural, women the most. It also will cause an increase in taxes. Now women who were getting procedures done at PP ate going to have to go to hospitals where they will be billed more than what they were at PP. Since they're on Medicaid that means the government is going to be footing a larger bill and where do you think those funds are going to come from?

Are you sure about that 'poor rural women' point? Here are the number of centres by state. Within the states, the centres are also not generally in rural areas, they are in urban areas.

This map shows the locations mainly mapped to minority groups in urban areas.
www.protectingblacklife.org...
edit on 7/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Obviously, you're new to this issues, and are only fighting with us because TRUMP.

Are you saying that the 22 PP clinics are the ONLY places in the entire state of Florida where quality health care is provided?

For millions of poor and disenfranchised women, yes.

Do you care? Kentucky state legislators don't and Congress doesn't.
edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

People who live in rural America are on food stamps and belong to cults. There are no jobs in rural America or transportation. They are the angry group that support Trump because he promised jobs. They like having lots of babies and multi wives, more food stamps.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Obviously, you're new to this issues, and are only fighting with us because TRUMP.

For million of poor and disenfranchised women, yes.

Do you care? Kentucky state legislators don't and Congress doesn't.

You are falling back on a self serving insults to bolster your non argument. Figures.

Anyhow,

We've established that not all women are oppressed by a decision to defund PP, and also, unintentionally, that your arguments are all based on legislation, so you'll be just fine with any new legislation. That was progress.

Now, you'd like to debate the audience that would be affected by defunding? Please post some details. The details I have posted show a concentration of centres in Democrat urban areas, particularly in minority communities. Do you have any other details to add, or are you just resorting to snide remarks now?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

People who live in rural America are on food stamps and belong to cults. There are no jobs in rural America or transportation. They are the angry group that support Trump because he promised jobs. They like having lots of babies and multi wives, more food stamps.

Ah I see... the conservative areas don't count because they are weird.
Now we get to the real thought process.
It makes my point that the chagrin is not about women at all, but only certain types of women... Democrat ones that agree with your political view.
The truth shall set you free.
I could not have hoped for a better outcome to this discussion. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We've established that not all women are oppressed by a decision to defund PP

Only the most vulnerable and disenfranchised women of American society will actually be oppressed by defunding Planned Parenthood, women of means will find a way. I've never asserted anything else.

that your arguments are all based on legislation, so you'll be just fine with any new legislation. That was progress.

This isn't about me, and poor and disenfranchised women are NOT doing okay in states like Texas and Kentucky, for example, where their access to affordable women's health care has been stripped.

Now, you'd like to debate the audience that would be affected by defunding? Please post some details.

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Oh sweetie, left or right is the only way you think, so that is the only way we can respond.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The details I have posted show a concentration of centres in Democrat urban areas, particularly in minority communities.

Your "details" are from 2010! Do you have any idea how many Planned Parenthood, and other low income clinics, in urban, but especially in rural areas, have been shuttered since then?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Oh sweetie, left or right is the only way you think, so that is the only way we can respond.

You said all I needed to hear, sugar

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

no, I am saying that alot of people fall through the cracks when it comes to healthcare in general. and there is too few safety nets to catch them as it is. so, by all means attack planned parenthood, remove them from the playing field based on maliciously edited videos and graphs that seem to be made by someone's five year old child!

heck, you think that planned parenthood is the only ones out there who do abortions? I would venture to guess most ob/gyns also have some experience in the field! and some of the laws I have seen crafted would hit those ob/gyns also, we could actually end up with no ob/gyns serving the medicaid, title x group! since hey, sometimes, what the medical profession considers to be the best medical practice would be an abortion depending on the overall condition of the pregnancy and baby. they might just decide to drop their poor patients instead of having the gov't tie their hands as to how they should be treating their patients.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The details I have posted show a concentration of centres in Democrat urban areas, particularly in minority communities.

Your "details" are from 2010! Do you have any idea how many Planned Parenthood, and other low income clinics, in urban, but especially in rural areas, have been shuttered since then?

Actually the table is from 2015 and also shows 2014 data.
A quick cross reference of the physical locations on the PP site confirm the mapped locations have not significantly changed.
If you had not jumped in with a meaningless and incorrect rebuttal of the data based on date, you would have realised that the 2010 date on the linked map is of the census in order to map minorities to the locations. It's not the date of the locations.
And yes, there have been centres shut, 2014 to 2015 a net of -23.

The data shows PP is heavily skewed location wise to urban and Democrat areas, so failing to see how poor rural women would be most affected by defunding.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol. I keep waiting for one our male members to rescue you. "Just say no." Don't the women in your country have other choices paid for by taxpayers? And what about child support in your country, do they make fathers pay?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol. I keep waiting for one our male members to rescue you. "Just say no." Don't the women in your country have other choices paid for by taxpayers? And what about child support in your country, do they make fathers pay?

I think after your post, rescue is no longer an option for you. You got triggered into revealing your true thoughts because you could not make a valid argument and it demonstrated my point beautifully. Frustration got the better of you. To underline what you said in what I assume was a keyboard fit:

No escaping it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Actually I live in small town Idaho and I know just about everyone that is on food stamps. And that is just about everyone. Ruled by republicans for 25yrs. Just the kind of place you would like. Lots of poor kids with no fathers. But, if they claimed the kids then there would be child support and no food stamps.

edit on 7-1-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No its' not. The data was compiled from the 2010 Census.

2010 Census results reveal that Planned Parenthood is targeting minority neighborhoods. 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods

I really don't know what you're trying to prove with this chart.

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
if you look a little further into the chain of events, you just might find that when there was a father, there wasn't enough money for the food anyways... and no food stamps.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

No its' not. The data was compiled from the 2010 Census.

2010 Census results reveal that Planned Parenthood is targeting minority neighborhoods. 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods

Yep, the minority communities were determined by the 2010 census... not the locations of PP.
Take a look at the PP sites fro their site and please explain how the location map has changed even if the data is from 2010.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join