It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
From being a second landing base for the sr-71 to u-2 flights to various other ISR flights.

Does anyone here have any time here? and if so did you ever see anything you can talk about.

neat NYT article from 1988 no less

www.nytimes.com...

people are talking about the base in the south Saudi desert but i would be willing to bet that the good stuff is flying from here and japan

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I recall back in 96 while working in Park City, a city not too far from Ogden Utah. There were rumors, Coast to Coast radio type rumors, all the offhand news sources... My girlfriend and I were on the freeway passing north of Hill Air Force base when a huge, I mean big jet-thing triangle shaped aircraft with two Air Force jets accompanying it. they looked small by comparison. The government insisting it didn't exist.

Regan wasn't too distant a memory.
I also have a friend who was stationed at Area 51. All he could say was that there was really freaky stuff. Beyond that he could say nothing. However his experience there included doing guard duty, thus he saw many a secret apparatus's/things.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

It seems to be much too populated nearby for a black craft.

I would vote for en.wikipedia.org... as the base for DPRK surveillance.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel Was there a couple times in late `80`s,nothing out of ordinary to see.Good place to party as I remember...vaguely,lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
From being a second landing base for the sr-71 to u-2 flights to various other ISR flights.

Does anyone here have any time here? and if so did you ever see anything you can talk about.

Yep. Saw an interesting bird land there once in '93. The type they clear the towers and the field for. And ... I had the perfect fly-on-the-wall perspective.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'v never been there but i heard that there was some really interesting things to see there.

sometimes i wonder if even half the stuff i hear is true....

its funny in the NYT article they talk about the F-19 isn't there a post on here talking about that

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Snarl
I'v never been there but i heard that there was some really interesting things to see there.
sometimes i wonder if even half the stuff i hear is true...

It's mostly routine. Thing is ... it's so routine that when the routine isn't ... you pay attention. I think the personnel turn-over rate is so high there to keep people from easily picking up on what goes out of the norm. Of course, clearing the towers gets the rumor mills to grinding no matter what.

U2 flights were part of the routine. Still, they were an awesome show, and everyone who was involved was excited to be a part of it.

new topics

top topics

join