It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: Greggers

You need both. 2000 miles is a lot to cover even with a land mine field.

I can't imagine a wall doing any good at all.

The real solution is to take away the incentives for them to enter the country.

I believe they both help. Come on man, how do you secure your border of its open land??
Impossible, even with technology.

BUILD THE WALL

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: VinylTyrant

Point is a project such as a space elevator would open up new horizons, allowing us to transport materials, build structures, habitats and vehicles in low Earth orbit at a fraction of the cost we do today.

Eventually opening up the path to colonization of the Moon and beyond. Essentially allowing any nation that possessed such a device to pave the way regarding new Human frontiers.

Think of the jobs and new industry, new future, where America could lead the way if she choose to undertake such a scheme rather than build stupid nonsensical walls in an attempt to stave off the inevitable?

Just a thought.
BUILD THE WALL.
It's our border between us and a lower country, plain & simple. It's too beneficial to just come here illegally, buy someone's SSN and do what you like.
Anything else should be secondary ATM.

Going to space is a pipe dream. We supposedly landed on the moon first in 1969................it's 2017!!!!!!

That would be like going to the marianas trench a couple times to never return.

If it could be done almost 50 years ago we would still be doing it!!!
Did the Wright brothers fly a couple times to just pack it in and go back to land racing?????
Come on, man....

BUILD THE WALL
edit on 7-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He got elected because of the sentiment not the facts or lies. Despite popular opinion, people are not as gullible and dumb as you imply. No, it was the sentiment. Get that through your head, and then you can begin to understand how to address the issues.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Trump already cost Mexico a 1.6 billion investment by pulling autofactories back to the states, according to Mexican media. It is still possible to use funding dollars originating from Mexicans to pay for the Wall. The important thing is that the wall is built. The wall is cheap, compared to big name items like the F-35 project, so finding ways to fiscally bind Mexico - such as through a work visa tax, through a bank transfer fee, and so on, these are many, and most are legal.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88

(CNN) President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has signaled to congressional Republican leaders that his preference is to fund the border wall through the appropriations process as soon as April, according to House Republican officials.

The move would break a key campaign promise when Trump repeatedly said he would force Mexico to pay for the construction of the wall along the border, though in October, Trump suggested for the first time that Mexico would reimburse the US for the cost of the wall.

www.google.com...

Seems like Trump may have US fund border wall in hopes Mexico will repay us in the future (good luck with that). If this is true, you Trump supporters should be pissed.

CNN reports? LMAO!!!! Anywho....educate yourself. The net effect is savings to the US tax payers and funding for The Wall by Mexico.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Seeing more illegal Mexicans are leaving the usa then coming into it isn't the wall a waste of time anyhow?.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
My wall design is better. auto matic robotic sentry guns placed every 500 yards loaded with tear gas and Ap rounds if need be. Equip them with cameras and employ drone operators to monitor the wall 24/7. Invaders will be shot.

Do you have even the slightest idea of how expensive that would be. Not to mention inhumane. Bizarre person.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Yes, but it does create jobs.
Anyway, USA would never go bankrupt...just look at impossible-to-pay national debt!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
Come on man, how do you secure your border...

You don't.

It is impossible to secure that much land, not to mention the ocean entry points.

It's a pipe dream.

Most of the people we REALLY don't want here are running drugs for the cartels, and they have resources: planes, submarines, tunneling equipment.

The regular joes who come across the border do so because they need work or other resources available here in the States. They can be stopped without laying a single brick. Simply punish the companies that incentivize them.

edit on 8-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

He got elected because of the sentiment not the facts or lies. Despite popular opinion, people are not as gullible and dumb as you imply. No, it was the sentiment. Get that through your head, and then you can begin to understand how to address the issues.

Please explain that to all the folks on this thread who keep insisting that the wall will literally be built and that Mexico will somehow pay for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Please explain that to all the folks on this thread who keep insisting that the wall will literally be built and that Mexico will somehow pay for it.

Will you still be saying the wall will not be built when it's finished and right there for you to look at?

edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Don't worry. We shalll have our wall.

What I can't quite put my finger on is some of these posters objection to national security. I mean really?

Some of the arguments I've read so far are that it won't keep them all out. Well, duh, it's called a deterrent. If it keeps 70% of would be illegal immigrants out. The WALL has done it's job. Once we throw illegal immigrants out of the country, and they realize what a task it was to bypass the wall the first time, the wall has done it's job yet again.

The next argument I see is them coming by water. Really? Do these people not recognize the US Coast Guard? Well then they were mistaken. Still, if they are able to bypass The WALL, and the Coast Guard, and Border Patrol, so what? That would be a small fraction of the numbers we are getting.

These folks trying to argue against a wall, in their world of make believe seems that it will just be a inanimate, unsupervised, unguarded object, that we build then ignore completely.

Give me a break. Once you consider the moving parts, the Wall not only provides aid to legal citizens but also Border Patrol trying to do their job.
edit on 8-1-2017 by EyeKyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Will you still be saying the wall will not be built when it's finished and right there for you to look at?

Will you still be saying the wall will be built as Trump is led away in an orange jumpsuit?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyu

What I can't quite put my finger on is some of these posters objection to national security. I mean really?

I don't think they do... at least not in any real sense. The disagreement comes not from the argument or the policy, but who is advocating it. It's called "playing the man, not the ball".

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeKyu

What I can't quite put my finger on is some of these posters objection to national security.

This is like saying that people who object to building the Bridge To Nowhere are opposed to maintaining our transportation infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Will you still be saying the wall will be built as Trump is led away in an orange jumpsuit?

Now now, come back to the real world again... you keep drifting off into lala land! We both know that Trump is going to fill every position with his own people so he can do anything he wants and get away with it.
edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The disagreement comes not from the argument or the policy, but who is advocating it.

Wrong, as usual. It is a question of policy. Why waste money building an ineffective wall, when you can fine companies that employ undocumented workers? Also, legalizing marijuana will reduce the smuggling and provide tax income.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeKyu

Again what point is there for a wall when more Mexicans are leaving the states then coming in?. Appears to be a massive waste especially when more illegals enter legally on a plane on visitor visas.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We both know that Trump is going to fill every position with his own people so he can do anything he wants and get away with it.

Fortunately, we still have a Constitution, even though the far right would like to see everything but the Second Amendment shredded. Now please keep your eye on the ball, not the other players.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyu

I don't think they do... at least not in any real sense. The disagreement comes not from the argument or the policy, but who is advocating it. It's called "playing the man, not the ball".

You don't? Maybe you should go back and read the first 10 pages. Too many posts to quote on how the wall would/could be "easily" exploited.

As for who is advocating it? Not sure I understand what you mean by that..? Donald Trump, and the people that voted him in are advocating it.

As far as how Mexico will pay for it in a round-about way, well some of the details on that have already been established. I don't think many Trump voters expected President Nieto or whatever write us a blank check.

So this "gotcha" house of cards, thread, aimed towards Trump supporters for all intents and purposes has fallen flat.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join