It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Oh my, let's start it I guess

LOL Aww don't get triggered bro

I won't and don't.

You couldn't refute a single one of my examples, which makes me think you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe because you didn't make a point? A part time fast food worker makes over $10,000 a year..anywhere.

I described some of the financial situations I've seen with my own eyes from traveling and dealing with immigrants right here. So your words won't carry much weight with me.

You described transactions that occur outside of a business. I already freaking told you that isn't recorded. If I give my friend $5 no one knows, but if I send my friend in another country $5 I have to use a service. THAT will be recorded.

As for remittances, one of the systems for remittances that I described is an Islamic system for transferring money called "Hawala". But of course, you'll claim it doesn't exist either, right?

LOL
Seriously? You think THAT much money is transferred without being noticed? You are naive.

And you're whining about my business knowledge yet I'm guessing you've never heard of "Minimal Activity Licenses" or "Transient Vendor Licenses"? Those are just 2 of the different forms of business licenses in my State that don't have the legal requirements that you so ignorantly posted.

I didn't realize I was whining, sorry. Those "licenses" are valid for up to, like you said, $10,000. Once you make above $10,000 you have to get a real business license, and pay real taxes. Another affirmation of my assertment that you have absolutely zero knowledge of business. Part time fast food workers make over 10,000 a year now btw incase you didn't know.

Minimal Activity Licenses can't require records for 7 years because they're only 1-year temporary licenses here. If the license holder makes $10,000 or more during that year, they'd have to apply for a full business license & follow the procedures you alluded to.

HOLY CRAP you DO know something. Or just googled it fast. Again, a part time fast food worker makes $10,000 a year. Guess what though, the individual using the licenses you mentioned are actually required to log every financial transaction for that year, and provide documentation at the end of the year. Another indication you have zero clue of business.

And the transient vendor licenses are only valid for 14 days for traveling vendors, so your 7 year criteria clearly doesn't fit there either.

your lack of knowledge at this point is becoming flagrant.

Oh yeah, and we're allowed to have yard sales/garage sales twice a year here without reporting them for tax purposes, which once again means that there's no need for records of each transaction.

my bad, it got worse with the next statement. taxes on a garage sale? limits on it? wow lol, you need to educate yourself

As for companies being required to record all transactions, I'm really starting to wonder if you're naive or just trolling. Have you never dealt with a company that didn't print a receipt? Or an independent contractor who took cash for a product or service? A street vendor, drug dealer, "adult" business worker, bartender, independent musician, etc? Or given tips to a waiter, driver, movers, neighbor's kid for mowing the lawn, etc? Even simple things like yard sales aren't required to keep records of every transaction that are made.

Well for starters, it depends on the nature of the business. If it's a financial institution, yes they are absolutely required to log and track EVERY transaction. If it's a gas station they are required to log and track daily sales, not individual transactions, but individual daily sales. Yes, that's a thing that businesses do. Independant contractors? Unless they want to be a one and done job, they will also report their income, because guess what? The people they do work for demand receipts, that can be traced back to them as income.

I'm simply pointing out that it's impossible for our federal government to track every single financial transaction that's done legally here, much less any illegal transfers of money.

well if the majority of businesses conducted with your attitude then yea, it would be, but most don't operate under your conditions, and the ones that do are the ones you don't see in business anymore.

ETA: Even large companies cheat on their taxes & fudge their numbers.
Yup you are completely clueless. No they don't. Small businesses fudge their numbers and shlt bricks when they do it, large corporations include it into their budget.

But I guess in your world, everyone is squeaky clean when it comes to money, so fraud and financial manipulations simply don't happen?

Well seeing as I was the guy that ran numbers for a very large franchise daily for 7 years, I'll just tell you this, money is never missed, neither by the business itself nor the IRS.

You can think and believe what you want, but I have an actual employed history and direct knowledge of this.

Your opinions are nice though, it makes me realize management is actually a necessary function in business.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Border patrol agents say we need the wall, that's why they endorsed Trump so strongly. They know more about it than anyone on the planet, I'll take their advice on it. Hell, let the U.S. pay for it, FAR cheaper than all the handouts we will have to pay without it.

Do some research on the cost of his proposed wall. Don't just make assertions without research or facts.
edit on 7-1-2017 by plaindoughnut because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: plaindoughnut

Do some research on the amount of foreign aid we provide Mexico annually.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How many times are you going to ignore that we were talking about immigrants sending money back home aka remittances? You're the one acting like this was about the corporate world. Instead of your kneejerk responses, why don't you go back and look at my original post that you replied to. You called me out by claiming that all financial transactions were recorded. I proved you wrong with numerous cases of financial transactions that aren't recorded, particularly in unofficial environments where undocumented workers would thrive. Yet you're still complaining? You wanted my attention that badly or something?

As for the $10,000 limit situations. Never did I say that was the sole income for the license holder. Those licenses are typically used for small time vendors as side jobs, be it independent musicians, independent landscapers, street vendors, etc. The last time I checked, the license application was only 1 sheet of paper and something like $50. Didn't even need a DBA form. Can you see how that would fit into the context now (of undocumented workers finding ways to make money in this country without financial scrutiny)?

The 14 day transient vendor license is exactly what it sounds like: it's for traveling musicians and other traveling vendors who will only be in the county for up to 2 weeks. It's a one time fee & it requires no additional paperwork either. But instead of looking them up for yourself or at least admitting that you didn't know about them, you tried to brush it off as if it didn't exist. SMH Can you at least admit that it and similar short term, no scrutiny licenses would benefit an undocumented worker that wanted to keep his/her financial transactions secret?

If someone is truly an undocumented worker in fear of deportation, they'd try as many under the table methods to make money as possible. Having either of those licenses here would prevent police from pestering them when they're out in the open, and would allow them to generate money that doesn't have a paper trail. How can you try to talk about this subject when you clearly don't know any of these methods? How can anyone expect Trump and his team to find these financial transactions when you literally don't even know where to look for them in the first place?

As for Hawala & the related money transfer systems, you should've read about them before responding to me. Western Union would be a modernized corporate version of it, though Hawala existed long before Western Union & vast or small sums can be authorized/"sent". Actually I already outlined how it works in one of my earlier posts to you but your lack of reading comprehension is making this pointless.

It's a glorified version of paying their cousin here, that cousin tells an uncle back home to give their sister X-amount of money, and the uncle gives the money to the sister. Although in Hawala and related systems, the cousin and uncle are members of powerful organizations (legal or illegal) with large vaults. How is a government going to track any of that, much less take a cut of it to pay for the Trump Wall? And remember, we're talking about remittances here. I even pointed out numerous times that this is about individuals sending money back home. How else do you think undocumented workers with no legit IDs are going to send money back home? Through a corporate account? LOL (Although there are ways to do that too, but whatever.)

As for business management, you clearly only know what you've seen in a book or the official side of some legit corporation. Perhaps you should travel the world and do business with actual people outside of your comfort zone? Then you'll see that it's laughably naive to think that most financial transactions are recorded, which was your initial claim. LOL

Or do you really think that human trafficking rings, small and medium scale drug rings (and drug mules) and the such have large corporate accountants that actually follow the laws? LOL And I guess you also think that individual undocumented workers are also going to hire legal accountants to handle their money?

Before you kneejerk respond, try to remember the context here. Supposedly one way that Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for his wall is by seizing portions of remittances going from Mexican workers to their families back in Mexico. So at least try to make your reply fit that concept. Try to explain how Trump, the IRS, or the rest of the federal government departments are going to track and seize the individual financial transactions from Mexican workers to their families.

I might even respond with tact if you include how our govt will be able to discern which payments are coming from illegal immigrants/undocumented workers, as opposed to legal workers, American customers, or legit American companies. After all, if we could track down all of those undocumented workers enough to track their financial transactions, surely we'd also be able to track them down enough to deport them right?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88
To be honest I think that building a wall is just a waste of time,just like throwing something behind you when being chased,you spend billions of a white elephant,I was hoping that the government would curtail spending,and I can think of a million better reason's to spend,think a wall will cure everything,I doubt it

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Exactly as I said before most illegals arrive by plane on visitor visas. Gonna have to be a high wall to stop them.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I can't believe you have never heard of the concept "under the table." Undocumented workers are usually paid under the table. Banks deal with enough red tape as it is. They will not welcome yet another law that requires them to report transactions to the government. If remittances to Mexico through the above ground banking system get taxed, Mexicans working in the United States will find other ways to send money home. This will be a boon to the underground banking industry that currently services the narcotic trade.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks Teacher. How was I supposed to know that a wall keeps people out without your bright input? My, and many other people's point in this whole debate is that the wall is missing the forest for the trees. It just addresses ONE aspect of illegal immigration, and poorly at that. It is also going to be expensive, will tear up MANY Americans' properties that live along the boarder, and will be even more expensive to maintain.

Your welcome. Just thought I would point out the obvious as it was being missed in the haze of left wing anti-Trump mania.
A wall will make it harder for illegal immigrants to cross the border. Eureka!

Now we have cleared that up, I hope the left will stop pushing the fake news story that Mexico is not paying for the wall.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Now we have cleared that up, I hope the left will stop pushing the fake news story that Mexico is not paying for the wall.

Wow. All you can do is call the facts "fake news?" Mexico has said it will not pay for the wall, and it has been explained in detail, many times, how passing Trump's Nuremberg-style laws will not work.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Wow. All you can do is call the facts "fake news?" Mexico has said it will not pay for the wall, and it has been explained in detail, many times, how passing Trump's Nuremberg-style laws will not work.

Trump said that Mexico will reimburse the USA for the cost of the wall. That is fact. For direct evidence of such, please review his speech on October 22nd.
Claiming at this point that Mexico will not pay for the wall is speculation.
Claiming a broken promise at this stage is fake news.
You can eat up your fake news all you like, but it doesn't change reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I honestly thought some Trumpa Lumpa's would start at least questioning Trump as he breaks his campaign promises...but no they are still defending him sad fools.
I guess he could shoot someone and they will still blindly follow.
edit on 7-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Trump said that Mexico will reimburse the USA for the cost of the wall.

Is Trump the President of Mexico now? Believing a promise from someone who is completely incapable of fulfilling it is ridiculous. And please stop with the "fake news" meme. Please use the word "propaganda" when you mean "propaganda."

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Trump said that Mexico will reimburse the USA for the cost of the wall.

Is Trump the President of Mexico now? Believing a promise from someone who is completely incapable of fulfilling it is ridiculous. And please stop with the "fake news" meme. Please use the word "propaganda" when you mean "propaganda."

It's not his problem that the left want to be wilfully ignorant on the subject to the extent that they think Mexico need to decide to pay or not. Perhaps it's not wilful ignorance and just plain old ignorance on the lefts part. If the latter then you should be excited about a period of education on the horizon for you.

Wilful ignorance or not, stating right now that Mexico will not pay for the wall is speculation.
Stating a broken promise is fake news.
edit on 7/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The left are not making the decisions. Trump has to work with a conservative Congress. All who signed norquists pledge.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

They have tunnels that they use to cross the border now. The only difference a wall will make is that they will have to start the tunnel further away from the border and unless they have sensors in the ground by the wall (making it even more expensive) then they will have no way of knowing that people are crossing the border.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
He means Mexico will pay back the wall because Mexico won't be able to send in illegal Mexicans to vote in US elections anymore. California and Texas are getting strict voter ID laws like Michigan enacted after this year's election.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump said that Mexico will reimburse the USA for the cost of the wall. That is fact. For direct evidence of such, please review his speech on October 22nd.
Claiming at this point that Mexico will not pay for the wall is speculation.
Claiming a broken promise at this stage is fake news.
You can eat up your fake news all you like, but it doesn't change reality.

and Mexico said IT WILL NOT PAY for the wall, and that is a fact also, I heard him say it......that's not speculation either....so what's your point.....what trump says does not make it fact.......have you even read about the business record of this guy?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Well yeah when you compare it to your or my bank acc its astronomical.
Luckily its coming from the US Gov which spends that amount on its military every few weeks.

So is this your issue with the wall, the cost, or are you just looking for reasons to be angry?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If we already have an expensive military with armed troops, why do we need an expensive wall?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join