It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks Teacher. How was I supposed to know that a wall keeps people out without your bright input? My, and many other people's point in this whole debate is that the wall is missing the forest for the trees. It just addresses ONE aspect of illegal immigration, and poorly at that. It is also going to be expensive, will tear up MANY Americans' properties that live along the boarder, and will be even more expensive to maintain.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think most people care it gets built and arent worried about the particulars.

Its funny how CNN always focus on the negative aspects, he promised to build a wall, hes taking steps to see it gets done.

When was the last time any of you can remember a politician keeping even half of an election promise?

Typical Trumptard comment! You let the man make promise after promise! Then let him off the hook when he flip flops, over and over!!! Perhaps if he worried more about what he has promised instead of a 15 year old TV show and Twitter he could review everything he has promsed

Im not sure as an Aussie I count as a "Trumptard" but the attempted insult is appreciated

If JFK had of said were goingf to the moon in a shuttle but ended up sending people in a rocket would it matter?
The important thing is they got to the moon.

I feel the same way about the wall, to me the promise that counted was it got built.

I kinda feel sorry for all you Shillary loving snowflakes, the next 8 years are gonna be hell for you.
Trumps gonna do great things and your sort with their seething irrational hatred are going to be so blinded you wont be able to see it.

GO TRUMP

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yeah I guess to an Aussie, you WOULDN'T care who foots the bill for such a gigantic public works endeavor. Though why you, as an Aussie, are concerned about US immigration policy and who comes into our country is pretty perplexing.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This "wall" could just as easily be created with technology mapping out the entire border and locating heat signatures as they approach... patrol with helicopters and seek out with vehicles.... assign helicopter surveillance teams every 200 miles. Treat the job and assignments as deployments... hell, even offer it as special duty assignments to the enlisted. We have satellites that can detect subterranean temperature anomalies, this # ain't hard. Give me control, I know I could secure it within 3 months. We could even make it sniper training for our troops. Force these people to obey OUR laws, we have the power but not the balls to make these decisions anymore.... the election is over, no need for liberals to "secure" bull# votes.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I have a feeling that they are legal immagants you're referring to and you're just intolerant of Mexicans in general. Unless you're personally asking for proof of citizenship from every brown person you see, I just assume you're looking at the world through goggles of intolerance of people who don't look like you.

...also what social systems are they draining? As I said before, illegals cannot apply for public aid in any form.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
I will never understand why so many Americans hate the idea of a strong border.

Many other civilized countries don't seem to mind having one.

Many other "civilized coutries" have universal health care...I think one is much more a priority that the other...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: digital01anarchy

It's already going to cost about $38 billion to just construct a wall built to Trump's very basic specifications. How much do you think that cost will jump when you start adding on bells and whistles? Not to mention the continuous cost of staffing such a monstrosity. Where exactly do you propose all this money will come from?

Ahahaha bells a whistles for razor wire? Omg the cost hold on everyone this is going to cost money it would be better suited for social programs to pay for everyone that comes here illegally. Yeah lets get them a DL and free education "dream act" O and lets let them vote in our elections and buy houses with no credit like in the housing crisis what could go wrong? Lets pay 30,000 a year for their crimmals to be in prison and double the cost of education because english is their second language. But a wall thats tooo costly your right.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: cavedweller88
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

What hand outs are you referring to? Illegal immagants cannot apply for public assistance.

Yeas they can.

No they cannot...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah I guess to an Aussie, you WOULDN'T care who foots the bill for such a gigantic public works endeavor. Though why you, as an Aussie, are concerned about US immigration policy and who comes into our country is pretty perplexing.

Im a global citizen and enjoy seeing common sense being played out, protecting your borders is very much a common sense issue to me.

If your Gov can afford to spend a few Trillion a year on its military upkeep I reckon it can find a few billion for a wall

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naabaahii
This "wall" could just as easily be created with technology mapping out the entire border and locating heat signatures as they approach... patrol with helicopters and seek out with vehicles.... assign helicopter surveillance teams every 200 miles. Treat the job and assignments as deployments... hell, even offer it as special duty assignments to the enlisted. We have satellites that can detect subterranean temperature anomalies, this # ain't hard. Give me control, I know I could secure it within 3 months. We could even make it sniper training for our troops. Force these people to obey OUR laws, we have the power but not the balls to make these decisions anymore.... the election is over, no need for liberals to "secure" bull# votes.

You make some good points.

Unfortunately, a physical wall is a symbol that many on the right find very appealing. But if you used the same money on technology to secure the border without a wall, it could be much more effective.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm not sure what space elevator or whatever that is has to do with our southern border.

It's OUR BORDER.

PROTECT IT.

If you travel to Canada you will be stopped at a checkpoint. If I travel to any other country in the world I need a passport to arrive and leave.

We are going to build a damn wall. It makes so much sense to sensible people. I lock my doors so I don't get robbed and have an alarm. You can still break a window if your desperate to then have me plug you with a hot one. Same thing here. Scale the beautiful wall, plug em with a hot one. Sooner or later, no more illegal problem.
Problems solved.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You need both. 2000 miles is a lot to cover even with a land mine field.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21723907]cavedweller88[/p
Once government gets involved in something like healthcare it will be a disaster.
2 separate issues.
Build the wall

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
He can get the money back through other means like when companies decide to keep thousands of jobs here instead of in Mexico. Instead of having to pay 100's of millions in deportations and accompanying costs like with Obama deporting more people than the last several presidents combined, while at the same time letting them in for a quick vote then the boot back home.

Besides, did anyone really expect Mexico to just hand over the money to keep their worst criminals inside Mexico?
edit on 6-1-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Naabaahii

You make some good points.

Unfortunately, a physical wall is a symbol that many on the right find very appealing. But if you used the same money on technology to secure the border without a wall, it could be much more effective.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. All beefing up the technology will do is just kick start another unwinnable arms race similar to the War on Drugs against cartels south of the border as they shift their unlimited profit margins to account for the newer technology.

"Where there's a will, there's a way"
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Did anybody seriously believe that Mexico would humiliate itself and pay for this wall?

Only die hard Trump supporters who are use to self deception

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Have you seen how much it costs the government to buy a toilet seat? How much do you think 1000 miles of razor wire will cost? Not only that but then there's the extra construction for evenly spaced watch towers along that 1000 miles. And then on top of that you need to hire people to man those watch towers 24/7. Then on top of that you need to buy the equipment that will actually allow those people to their job. We're talking billions of dollars on top of the already estimated $38 billion wall.

That's a lot of money that could be spent on the citizens of the US. If some illegal immigrants reap the benefits as well who the f*** cares? The vast majority of that money is going to help the people of this country. But no! We should instead spend that money on symbolic gesture that politicians say will stop illegal immigrants (it won't) from coming and taking jobs Americans don't want.

It's funny how the Right tries to criticize Obama's employment numbers because the majority of new jobs are service positions. What kind of jobs do you think are going to open when (read: if) this wall gets built and it actually stops illegal immigration (it won't)?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just thinking about how much money the government will spend on razor wire when it is countered by a $5 purchase makes me sad panda...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Im a global citizen and enjoy seeing common sense being played out, protecting your borders is very much a common sense issue to me.

If your Gov can afford to spend a few Trillion a year on its military upkeep I reckon it can find a few billion for a wall

I'm SOOO thankful that we have Aussies who think they know better than Americans on where their tax money should be spent. Mind if I decide where your tax money should be spent?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join