It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: goou111

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

Well, ask Mexico why they built a wall on their southern border..

How about we ask them if it solved whatever problem they built it for?

It's still up so it must have.

Come on? The number of immigrants from South America traveling through Mexico to the U.S. each year is massive. That wall doesn't keep anyone out.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Well, if CNN Said it....

Here's a easy way to think of it.

Mexico owns 40 odd billion in US Securities.

Trump builds the wall..

Hey Mexico, you now own 20 billion in securities.. dont like it.. suck it up or send in your troops..

whoops, thats right there's a wall! haha!

Ehh. If the U.S. just on a whim nullifies the value of 20 billion dollars in U.S. treasury bonds (currently the most secure investment in the world) the end result would be an economic catastrophe of epic world wide proportions. The value of MidWest Joe's 401k would nosedive with the sudden devaluation of treasury bonds.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

How about we ask them if it solved whatever problem they built it for?

It's still up so it must have.

Come on? The number of immigrants from South America traveling through Mexico to the U.S. each year is massive. That wall doesn't keep anyone out.

The right kind of wall WILL stop the physical flood of illegal immigrants, the kind of influx that poured over our borders in 2014, especially those "kids" that were unaccompanied. If the wall is a 4' brick and mortar, you are right. That couldn't stop them, but a high-tech state-of-the-art barrier most definitely will stop them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's a better deterrent, and less expensive, to round up illegal aliens, "debrief" them for a month in a holding center, and then ship them home.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
What are you talking about? You got sources for your 2014 influx?? Cause all the statistics available say 2009 was the worst year after a steady rise since the 90s. Since 2009 it's fallen-off and stabilized. But by no means let facts get in the way of your rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seems like the vast majority of illegals coming across the border could be stopped in their tracks, if we seriously punished the American companies who HIRE THEM.

But that's politically unpopular, so we need a wall.

Unless every square meter of that wall can be monitored 24/7, illegals WILL find a way through it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I surprised Trump has not suggested rounding up the alleged illegals and forcing them to construct the wall.

After all it worked for Qin Dynasty regarding the Great Wall.

edit on 6-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: goou111

End the War On Drugs.

End NAFTA.

Since that was created illegal immigration increased.

End Amnestys while we are at it since there have been 7 of them.

There is no single solution.

A multi prong approach including walls and enforcement of US law.

Is a start.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
What are you talking about? You got sources for your 2014 influx?? Cause all the statistics available say 2009 was the worst year after a steady rise since the 90s. Since 2009 it's fallen-off and stabilized. But by no means let facts get in the way of your rhetoric.

Can you provide the statistics that accurately count illegal immigrant influx by year please...? I assume you have checked a variety of sources and not just taken the DHS figures...Would be interested to read them. Ta.
edit on 6/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've read the estimated cost to build a wall would be $20-30 Billion. I also read the cost PER YEAR for illegal immigration to US Tax Payers is $100 billion per year. Let's assume the actual cost is $50 Billion per year. It still makes sense to physically restrain those who wish to break our laws from entering the country.

Who knows whether a wall would actually work but even if it kept 75% out it's a start.

No I'm not heartless and I do feel for these people looking for a better life but we are not in a position to absorb this kind of cost and we do have something called "LEGAL Immigration"

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Really? You don't recall that crisis?! It was all over the news because many of those kids crossed all the way through Mexico on trains. There were headlines all over the place about how some of those "kids" looked to be in their late teens and early 20's.

Here is just one article from 2015, but in 2014, it was a really Big Deal? There are hundreds of source articles about that massive influx.

Unaccompanied children crossing southern border in greater numbers

Unaccompanied minors are crossing the U.S. Southwest border in growing numbers again, sparking concerns that the new influx of children could eventually approach the levels that last year prompted the Obama administration to declare a humanitarian crisis.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CheckPointCharlie
This wall will be about as useful as that bridge to nowhere. What a colossal waste of effort and money.

Then please offer some suggestions on what to do about the death toll reached Vietnam proportions on our southern border last year. I swear you all offer nothing of substance when it comes to issues like this. The OP included...

The moral thing to do is close the border down and separate the individuals seeking a better life and the individuals that would prey on them. Slow illegal immigration will increase legal immigration. Sit down with a border patrol agent for 5 minutes and you will understand that our open border policies actually creates more human suffering than prevents. So when you bleeding heart liberals talk about the cost to the tax payer to build the will I wonder if you are as morally conscious as you all claim.

Besides...
The saving to American tax payers for having the wall outweighs the cost of building it. I could care less who payes for it so long as it's built.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Mexicans also have access to airplanes. Most undocumented people in the U.S. get into the country on a tourist visa and simply stay. Not sure what the wall is supposed to do. Btw, drug cartels etc. also can use planes.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes larger numbers of UNACCOMPANIED KIDS. But the media circus around it is now being used to make it sound like people were suddenly pouring in in waves. I love how you people skewer the media at every turn until you can take one of their pieces and use it to further your story.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Hey.. YOU made the statement as fact. How about YOU back it up?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redwillow

Mexicans also have access to airplanes. Most undocumented people in the U.S. get into the country on a tourist visa and simply stay. Not sure what the wall is supposed to do. Btw, drug cartels etc. also can use planes.

So, by your logic, if you can't get rid of all criminals, there is no use in doing anything to stop any of them.

The wall will stop those that flood over on foot illegally. Let's tackle the multi-faceted problem comprehensively. We can stop the 1000 per day coming over on foot with the wall.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Actually I did not. That was another poster.
Just interested where you got the data from for your claim. For example, are you using the residual method?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yes larger numbers of UNACCOMPANIED KIDS. But the media circus around it is now being used to make it sound like people were suddenly pouring in in waves. I love how you people skewer the media at every turn until you can take one of their pieces and use it to further your story.

I hope you take time to research the 2014 event and actually study how old some of these "kids" were. There was no way to tell how old they truly were, so many claiming to be teenagers were actually young adult males. Also, this huge swarming coming over our southern border was over and above the regular daily influx of criminal entries.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CheckPointCharlie
This wall will be about as useful as that bridge to nowhere. What a colossal waste of effort and money.

Seems to me that everytime drugs are found crossing the border in bulk it is via a TUNNEL..

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'd rather ask you why you invent facts that don't exist?

The Guatemala–Mexico border is the international border between Guatemala and Mexico. It measures 871 km (541 mi) and runs between north and west Guatemala (the Guatemalan departments of San Marcos, Huehuetenango, El Quiché and El Petén) and the Mexican states of Quintana Roo, Campeche, Tabasco and Chiapas. The border includes stretches of the Usumacinta River, the Salinas River, and the Suchiate River.
There is no wall on the border, although there are sections of fence near official border crossings

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join