It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

It doesn't in the slightest, it just means more people floating over in said bath tubs.

Hence the ambivalence that surrounds the nonsensical wall notion.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: yuppa

Mexicans aren't the only people crossing the border illegally...

As I asked on the previous page, how does the wall stop the 40% of illegals that come legally and then overstay their visas?

Well you see the wall emits this aura that just automatically ejects people when they aren't welcome anymore. You know in Civilization when you stop warring with someone and all your units are automatically ejected from their country? Same thing. Duh.

I don't think the wall will have magical powers. I think that is a bit unrealistic to expect. Having given it some thought, I really think it is as simple as making it harder to cross a line (the border) by putting an obstacle in the way. Sounds crazy, huh? But when you really think about it, it's the simple explanation that is usually the right one.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You are right. Middle Eastern terrorists are too.

No... Not really at all in that regard. And you JUST got done chastising me about fake news... Mr. Pot.

I'll be nice and use one of the left's own sources on the subject.
www.politifact.com...

I could add republican sources too. I guess we must have reached a consensus on that one.

I"Recent reports state that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection has apprehended several members of known Islamist terrorist organizations crossing the southern border in recent years," he said March 23, 2016.

"several members" isn't exactly a nationwide immigration problem... Come on Mr. Pot. Just admit you were sensationalizing *ahem* posting fake news.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think most people care it gets built and arent worried about the particulars.

Its funny how CNN always focus on the negative aspects, he promised to build a wall, hes taking steps to see it gets done.

When was the last time any of you can remember a politician keeping even half of an election promise?

Typical Trumptard comment! You let the man make promise after promise! Then let him off the hook when he flip flops, over and over!!! Perhaps if he worried more about what he has promised instead of a 15 year old TV show and Twitter he could review everything he has promsed

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

As I asked on the previous page, how does the wall stop the 40% of illegals that come legally and then overstay their visas?

Well you see the wall emits this aura that just automatically ejects people when they aren't welcome anymore. You know in Civilization when you stop warring with someone and all your units are automatically ejected from their country? Same thing. Duh.

I don't think the wall will have magical powers. I think that is a bit unrealistic to expect. Having given it some thought, I really think it is as simple as making it harder to cross a line (the border) by putting an obstacle in the way. Sounds crazy, huh? But when you really think about it, it's the simple explanation that is usually the right one.

Maybe in the stone age when anti-wall tech was minimal you'd have a point there.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think most people care it gets built and arent worried about the particulars.

Its funny how CNN always focus on the negative aspects, he promised to build a wall, hes taking steps to see it gets done.

When was the last time any of you can remember a politician keeping even half of an election promise?

Typical Trumptard comment! You let the man make promise after promise! Then let him off the hook when he flip flops, over and over!!! Perhaps if he worried more about what he has promised instead of a 15 year old TV show and Twitter he could review everything he has promsed

Who's gonna pay for it???? M E X I C O!!!! LOL he is an ass!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No... Not really at all in that regard. And you JUST got done chastising me about fake news... Mr. Pot.

I'll be nice and use one of the left's own sources on the subject.
www.politifact.com...

I could add republican sources too. I guess we must have reached a consensus on that one.

I"Recent reports state that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection has apprehended several members of known Islamist terrorist organizations crossing the southern border in recent years," he said March 23, 2016.

"several members" isn't exactly a nationwide immigration problem... Come on Mr. Pot. Just admit you were sensationalizing *ahem* posting fake news.

I didn't say it was a nationwide immigration problem.
It is a terrorist problem, the effects of which do not require significant numbers. My statement was correct. Again for the record:

Try again.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

I think it's funny that a Republican named Reagan made a historic speech in which he told another nation to tear down it's wall, and now he have a Republican who wants to build a wall.

Ironic to say the least.

Anyway, how does this wall stop people from overstaying their visas to remain in the US? The wall, if it even has an effect, only solves half the problem.

How does it stop them from floating over in a bath tub?

Exactly. There are plenty of ways to get across the border and the wall only tries to prevent one way. Hell, it's easy enough just to drive across the border with a couple of forged documents. There is not practical need to cross the border or climb a wall.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Maybe in the stone age when anti-wall tech was minimal you'd have a point there.

Anti-Wall tech...? Do go on...sounds more plausible than you magic aura repellent theory.
edit on 6/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Construction on The Wall is supposed to begin immediately.
The funds deducted from Mexico will not be available immediately.
Therefor funds to begin construction need to be gathered beforehand.
So in essence, Mexico will be paying us back through later deductions.

link   

Anti-Wall tech...? Do go on...

Tunnels, ladders, ropes, etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

this

This wall will not stop tunneling will it! That is how they get the drugs here!!! Not over a damn wall!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Wow. modern stuff. Brings us back the point that the wall will be breached by those determined enough, but will make it much harder to cross the border.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Wow. modern stuff. Brings us back the point that the wall will be breached by those determined enough, but will make it much harder to cross the border.

Since when are tunnels, ladders and ropes modern inventions? Also many of these tunnel complexes already exist.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

How about instead of committing an as of yet unfathomable amount of monies and resources building a wall along the border America instead decided to embark on the construction of a space elevator? There are your jobs and future industry right there which would be actually meaningful as apposed to the construction of a draconian/totalitarian monstrosity of a wall.

The materials and technologies to design and construct such a device are all ready available or at least in the prototype stage. That would make your nation great again not to mention service the rest of the globe in ways we can only as of yet imagine.

Plus i bet Mexico would be willing to contribute to the concept just as im sure the rest of the civilized nations would also.

edit on 6-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Since when are tunnels, ladders and ropes modern inventions? Also many of these tunnel complexes already exist.

They are not, but it was you who said:

Maybe in the stone age when anti-wall tech was minimal you'd have a point there

Do you even know what you are arguing for at this point?
The wall is designed to REDUCE the number of illegal immigrants and there is no conclusion yet on whether Mexico will pay for said wall.
edit on 6/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Everone who says a wall will not work i will take you to a 30 foot wall with razor wire at the top and armed security on the other side. I will give you a extention ladder to prove your point it doesnt work.

Do i have any takers!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I predict no wall will ever get built.

This will be the most accurate prediction on ATS in the next four years. Even if it were to go forward and get appropriations from Congress (good luck) ground will not have been broken by 2020. The land needed and easements needed will not have been acquired. The contracts will not have been awarded (it will keep people busy in government with GAO Protests) etc.

He's a clueless idiot.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

I predict no wall will ever get built.

This will be the most accurate prediction on ATS in the next four years. Even if it were to go forward and get appropriations from Congress (good luck) ground will not have been broken by 2020. The land needed and easements needed will not have been acquired. The contracts will not have been awarded (it will keep people busy in government with GAO Protests) etc.

He's a clueless idiot.

Trump is quite adept at taking people's land when it is needed for development. I am sure he will have little problem at the border.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

It's already going to cost about $38 billion to just construct a wall built to Trump's very basic specifications. How much do you think that cost will jump when you start adding on bells and whistles? Not to mention the continuous cost of staffing such a monstrosity. Where exactly do you propose all this money will come from?
edit on 1/6/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join