It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: queenofswords
The "how" will most certainly be accomplished, and I am confident DT knows exactly how to do it.

Yep. Fleece the American public.

Your opinion. Mine is just the opposite. Stand aside and be amazed, Krazysh0t!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Hell, the Philippines comes in at #4, China at #5, and Korea at #6, for country of origin for most illegal immigrants. Those people have to cross a f***ing ocean. What good do you think a wall is going to do?

Shhhh!!! Logic doesn't belong in an illegal immigrant debate.

The wal has just two objectives: slowing the intruders and making them visible to members of the border patrol. It's not going to be just a wall silly, the wall will consist of CCTV, motion detection systems, BORDER AGENTS and a myriad of other security-related systems.

Perhaps you should research Israel's wall if you want an example of how effective a well planned wall can be.

Isreals wall is only 400 miles long. And I am pretty sure the problem With Palestine is still there.

And we are not at war with Mexico like is Israel is with Palestine.

That is a straw man argument.
The comment was about the effectiveness of the wall.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Are you saying that Like I am an Obama guy? Because LOL.

Lets get something stright. A 2000 mile long border wall with razor wire is a lot different then a fence around your house.

(post by powertec120 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hell, the Philippines comes in at #4, China at #5, and Korea at #6, for country of origin for most illegal immigrants. Those people have to cross a f***ing ocean. What good do you think a wall is going to do?

The wal has just two objectives: slowing the intruders and making them visible to members of the border patrol. It's not going to be just a wall silly, the wall will consist of CCTV, motion detection systems, BORDER AGENTS and a myriad of other security-related systems.

Perhaps you should research Israel's wall if you want an example of how effective a well planned wall can be.

Isreals wall is only 400 miles long. And I am pretty sure the problem With Palestine is still there.

Why would we need a wall with Mexico like Israel has with Palestine they are at war.? We like Mexico.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The "how" will most certainly be accomplished, and I am confident DT knows exactly how to do it.

Yep. Fleece the American public.

Your opinion. Mine is just the opposite. Stand aside and be amazed, Krazysh0t!

Oh I'm amazed alright. Amazed that you guys still swallow his tripe.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: cavedweller88

He also said it would get done "fast".

I thought it was silly to keep insisting he'd make them pay for it.

I do recall seeing one about how he was going to take it from drug forfeitures, which has various implications. I'm not sure how that may or may not related to these so called "appropriations"?

By "pay for the wall" he isnt meaning actual money spent. He is meaning they will"pay for it" by losing all the money illegally going south by way of illegals working. If they are deported dont mexico lose money?

Also TAXES paid on the illegals pay checks can be spun to be said they are paying for some of the wall.

OP this is all about perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Mexicans aren't the only people crossing the border illegally...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why would we need a wall with Mexico like Israel has with Palestine they are at war.? We like Mexico.

Your question has nothing to with the effectiveness of a wall, which is what you were challenging. If you want to talk about the need for a wall then I'd probably agree. Better to have machine gun turrets and drones, one warning, then kill.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You are right. Middle Eastern terrorists are too.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Just felt like replying back to u in this way.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

As I asked on the previous page, how does the wall stop the 40% of illegals that come legally and then overstay their visas?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

Well time will tell i imagine, personally i don't hold out much hope for the concept myself.

Tell you one thing through, despite what Trump keeps on spouting, Mexico sure wont willingly contribute monetarily to the wall, that's pretty much a given.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Your question has nothing to with the effectiveness of a wall, which is what you were challenging. If you want to talk about the need for a wall then I'd probably agree. Better to have machine gun turrets and drones, one warning, then kill.

Are Palestine and Israel still at war? Are there still terrorist attacks from Palestine to Israel and vice versa?

What good has the wall done?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No... Not really at all in that regard. And you JUST got done chastising me about fake news... Mr. Pot.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

As I asked on the previous page, how does the wall stop the 40% of illegals that come legally and then overstay their visas?

It doesn't. It addresses the other 60%.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well you see the wall emits this aura that just automatically ejects people when they aren't welcome anymore. You know in Civilization when you stop warring with someone and all your units are automatically ejected from their country? Same thing. Duh.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No... Not really at all in that regard. And you JUST got done chastising me about fake news... Mr. Pot.

I'll be nice and use one of the left's own sources on the subject.
www.politifact.com...

I could add republican sources too. I guess we must have reached a consensus on that one.
edit on 6/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think it's funny that a Republican named Reagan made a historic speech in which he told another nation to tear down it's wall, and now he have a Republican who wants to build a wall.

Ironic to say the least.

Anyway, how does this wall stop people from overstaying their visas to remain in the US? The wall, if it even has an effect, only solves half the problem.

How does it stop them from floating over in a bath tub?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join