It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There's many problems that need addressing. But this is HUGE!!
Without the wall, well, don't even try. I'm not a defeatist,. I want to see the wall. Its worth it.

If we have 5 BILLION for a website I think we can manage funds for national security.

Of course. Simple logic for you. Never mind that a wall is easily defeated by even the dumbest people on the planet, but BUILD IT ANYWAYS! That's what's important! Waste our tax money NOW figure out real solutions later (maybe never).

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Perhaps you should go drive 2000 miles and get a perspective on the task you are casually saying things can be done so easily with.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Anyone who pays attention to ANY sort of politics should know that when a politician says we should do something that hurts with promises of reprieve down the line is pulling your leg. That is politics speak 101.

Good thing Trump isn't a politician.

link   

originally posted by: goou111
What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

You know who else is building a wall right now - and I guess must be an idiot because they are useless according to you - Obama, he is building a wall around his DC mansion he is about to move in to.

He loves open borders though - he really should not be building that wall, he should leave his front door open too.

After all everybody that would come visit him would be a friend right?

Funny how when liberals are affected by their defective ideas, they are hypocrites isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Anyone who pays attention to ANY sort of politics should know that when a politician says we should do something that hurts with promises of reprieve down the line is pulling your leg. That is politics speak 101.

Ah I see, your entire logic is based on a generalisation.
You may end up being right of course, but right now we do not know. Personally I don't think Mexico will pay for the wall unless under some form of duress, but I am not prepared to scream about broken promises 2 weeks before the guy is even in office.
As Trump's administration unfolds we'll get more of a sense of what policies he applies to Mexico.
Until then, claiming a broken promise as a fact is nothing more than fake news.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

But this wall notion is like trying patch a hole in a dam by sticking your finger in it!

Its a temporary and untenable solution that will eat up monies and resources, inevitably offsetting any positive effects and/or creation of jobs the idea may produce.

Think what it will cost to design, build and implement, never mind police in an effective manner?

This is a no win scenario if ever there was one, which is plain to see for anyone with half a mind to do so.

Fact is there are far better less draconian ideas and constructions your nation could be spending upon.
edit on 6-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Good thing Trump isn't a politician.

He was just elected President, no? He's officially a politician now. You can't use that defense anymore.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No it's just sensationalizing a story. If you call that "fake news" then you are muddying the waters on what is and isn't "fake news".

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

What makes idiots like u think it's going to be a simple wall, how do you know that it won't be s prison style wall where the wall can be entirely covered with the most dangerous barb wire from top to bottom and also have it eclectrified from top to even the part of the fence that's buried in the ground, they should also put guard towers like they do in prison with snipers or something to keep watch of suspicious people trying to cross over. In my opinion this is the kind of wall that should be built if they are serious about keeping illegals out.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No it's just sensationalizing a story. If you call that "fake news" then you are muddying the waters on what is and isn't "fake news".

There is no agreed definition of fake news. I think fake news is absolutely covered by sensationalism that pushes a fake narrative. The narrative is that Trump has broken a promise. He has not.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Perhaps you should go drive 2000 miles and get a perspective on the task you are casually saying things can be done so easily with.

Maybe you should drive it...lol there are vast tracks of the border not used because people can not walk it, so how much wall needed is really the big question.

BTW let's say we got our illegal problem under control, and had a robust work visa program that allowed not just Mexicans to come here but anyone that is willing to work for a specific period of time then go back home. Lets say it is 5 million a year that buys this visa at a cost of 500 bucks (well under a coyote cost)... that would be 2.5 billion generated by those who wished to come and work in America on a work visa. 2.5 billion per year rolled into border control would...dare I say it....build the wall and many other things.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Obama has already gotten started building his wall.

Obamas wall
edit on 6-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I disagree wholeheartedly. There is no good reason why we have not solidified the southern border. All there is is deflection. Build it and see. It should have been done long ago.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's all fine and dandy except they are looking to build the wall NOW and there are presently no discussions on fixing work visas and other methods of immigration. It's just WALL WALL WALL.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That wall needs to be built pronto. I am sure we are not talking about brick and mortar. I am sure it will be top of the line with all the technical and modern components that will do exactly what it is intended to do.

Political corruption, civil unrest, drug cartels, and terrorist infiltrators are feet away from us. The paying for the wall can be accomplished in many different ways, and the American people know that. They are well aware that sending a bill to el presidente and expecting a check in pesos for the cost of it is not feasible. The "how" will most certainly be accomplished, and I am confident DT knows exactly how to do it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Hell, the Philippines comes in at #4, China at #5, and Korea at #6, for country of origin for most illegal immigrants. Those people have to cross a f***ing ocean. What good do you think a wall is going to do?

Shhhh!!! Logic doesn't belong in an illegal immigrant debate.

The wal has just two objectives: slowing the intruders and making them visible to members of the border patrol. It's not going to be just a wall silly, the wall will consist of CCTV, motion detection systems, BORDER AGENTS and a myriad of other security-related systems.

Perhaps you should research Israel's wall if you want an example of how effective a well planned wall can be.

Isreals wall is only 400 miles long. And I am pretty sure the problem With Palestine is still there.

And we are not at war with Mexico like is Israel is with Palestine.

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's 2.5 billion before you factor in the people/infrastructure/resources needed to run such a program. Even if we don't count that it would still take 15 years to pay off the $38 billion experts say the wall will cost. And let's not forget that the whole point of the wall is to prevent immigrants from taking American jobs. So your proposal is to do that by offering immigrants jobs?

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The "how" will most certainly be accomplished, and I am confident DT knows exactly how to do it.

Yep. Fleece the American public.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: powertec120
a reply to: goou111

What makes idiots like u think it's going to be a simple wall, how do you know that it won't be s prison style wall where the wall can be entirely covered with the most dangerous barb wire from top to bottom and also have it eclectrified from top to even the part of the fence that's buried in the ground, they should also put guard towers like they do in prison with snipers or something to keep watch of suspicious people trying to cross over. In my opinion this is the kind of wall that should be built if they are serious about keeping illegals out.

What makes idiots like you think that wall will actually get built?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think it's funny that a Republican named Reagan made a historic speech in which he told another nation to tear down it's wall, and now he have a Republican who wants to build a wall.

Ironic to say the least.

Anyway, how does this wall stop people from overstaying their visas to remain in the US? The wall, if it even has an effect, only solves half the problem.
edit on 6-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join