It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate crime in Knoxville: Carjacked, kidnapped, tortured, raped, and murdered.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
"When I saw the Chicago torture story yesterday, I was sickeningly reminded of this story from Knoxville."
Op states why it has been brought back up.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Seriously? They're saying because it's black on white violence that means it is being ignored. Well they better say something to all those media stations covering the Facebook torture thing because it's black on white violence and it is everywhere.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Yeah, because they accidentally posted it to facebook live. Hard to ignore it then since it spreads like wildfire within minutes that way.

Did you even watch the video your talking about? You can see her surprise and hear her say it. She was a bit shocked when she found out that she had been streaming it to facebook live but then she was like "ah well".

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a quick search on the author of the articles reveals why this story is fake

Its not a fake story it was a real case.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a quick search on the author of the articles reveals why this story is fake and meant for specific people to incite specific sentiments.

And a quick search on the actual incident will prove to you that it did in fact happen. Try a Google search of their names.
I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with your post, but it was an outright lie.
Huffington Post
The Blaze
Yahoo
Daily Mail
Fox News
Wikipedia

Links posted with time stamps 5-7 years after the story, CHECK!

From one of those links your provided.
"But, even though the killings happened in January, 2007, they have attracted very little national and international coverage."
CHECK!

It's well known by those who know it, to be very under reported.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There are those here that want to claim that the story was well covered.

The couple's names are not well known.
Ever hear of Trayvon Martin? Sure, everyone knows who he is.
Trayvon wasn't abducted and tortured to death, but his is a household name.

Anyone that can't see something wrong here is seriously deluded.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Is Kelly Thomas a household name?
But Michael Brown is.
The difference?
Skin color.
Kelly Thomas was white.
Imagine if he was black.
Beaten to death by 6 cops... this was caught on video, one cop telling Kelly that he was donning gloves to mess him up.
No riots, no marches.
Not having his story paraded through the news media nonstop for weeks is the big difference.
There were local protests in Fullerton, but that was because of local media coverage. There were no nationwide protests as in the Michael Brown case.
edit on b000000312017-01-06T05:18:57-06:0005America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jan 2017 05:18:57 -0600500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Grusome crime.. yurk.. monsters

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It was a horrific crime in which one person is going to be put to death over and the rest will spend quite a bit of time (shortest sentence was 18 years without parole) in prison. Hate crime charges would have clouded the case and made it harder to convict all involved.

This latest case of streamed torture, luckily didn't result in death... the Federal charge of it being a hate crime, adds to their sentence by making it a Federal case.

AmRen is a white supremacist 'news' and opinion site, the spin they put on the case and really just bringing it up at all... is to incite more white hatred of non-whites.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That's absurd. The Kelly Thomas tragedy sparked nationwide protests.

Google

Right wing news sites didn't cover it much, if at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That's absurd. The Kelly Thomas tragedy sparked nationwide protests.

Google

Right wing news sites didn't cover it much, if at all.

Nationwide?
I looked through the first two pages of links and the protests listed were in Fullerton/Orange County... and Hollywood/LA County.
Small nation.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There were little ones all over. Facebook would probably get better results, I was trying to make a quick point. Do you wonder why Breitbart et al didn't cover the story at all?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why is a nine year old case suddenly relevent now?

Can any of us remember how widely reported it was? That was back before Facebook was big remember.

The guilty parties were found guilty and are rotting in jail.

This is surely as it should be?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

There were little ones all over. Facebook would probably get better results, I was trying to make a quick point. Do you wonder why Breitbart et al didn't cover the story at all?

I watch Philly local news.
I never saw any coverage of marches/demonstrations in Philly for Kelly.
I saw them all over the place for Michael Brown. His story was a fake one. He wasn't beaten to death by a group of cops, he was shot by one when he reached for the cops gun... right after he robbed a convenience store.

There is absolutely no comparison between the way the two different stories were covered by the MSM.
This might surprise you, but I don't read Breitbart articles unless I click on one linked here.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I guarantee you more people are familiar with Michael Brown then they are with Kelly Thomas.

Saying that they both received equal coverage and public outrage would be an outright lie.

The Kelly Thomas incident was a travesty.

Michael Brown dug his own grave...

edit on 6-1-2017 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I heard about the case and i read the details of the case which were horrific for the lack of a better word but somehow i never had their names drilled into my head like with brown or trayvon which just pop into my head whenever a remotely relevant topic is discussed, that goes for millions of other people. That really says it all.

of course some would now try and come out with the "how would you know! i remembered kelly's first and last name on a weekly basis" and other BS of the sort.

Those i would challenge to go outside and ask any person who "Kelly thomas" is for 3 hours every day for 1 month. I doubt they get one hit even.

Now do the same with "Rodney king"
Need i really say more?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Things like this hurt.

God dammit. It hurts. Be it 10 years ago or 10 hours ago, things like this hurt.

It's an assault on our culture, on our society. Be it white on black/black on white. . . it's an assault.

And every assault eventually leaves a scar. We can either find a way to stop the assaults, limit the assaults, or slowly develop so much scar tissue that we eventually stop feeling, stop caring.

Any hate crime perpetrated by any group on any other group is an affront to ALL of us, regardless of our skin color. Every act of hate pushes the world a little further into darkness. Its depressing that we have this undercurrent of hate and fear in our society right now. We had made progress in the past decades and it seems that we are falling back into a period of fear and mistrust. Nothing good will come of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join