It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I promise you for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” President Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Man, you nailed that one:
" However now the primary one sided bias from the MSM and the DNC is doing more harm than good. By stereotyping all Whites as the only villains when it comes to racism and All Blacks as the Victims.
Nobody likes to be labelled as a victim or a villain. All this is doing now is causing hate,anger, and animosity on both sides.
"

I, as a white person, can tell you that the result of the stereotyping on me is that I don't HAVE race relations with Black Americans. I am done with the whole thing. And I don't give a damn what they think. All I demand is they leave me and mine altogether alone.........or else be prepared to suffer the consequences.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm willing to bet that its likely that you are not unique in that retrospect and its becoming more the norm despite not being discussed in public as being an issue.

There is a lot of pent up frustration and anger in the White communities about the blatant one sided bias when it comes to racism and being forced to be silent on issues for the repercussions of being labelled racist.

What the MSM and primarily the left are doing is a recipe for disaster in regards to race relations. They are no longer fighting for equality they are fighting for revenge, pandering to the ignorant, and I told you so bragging rights.

Everyone including whites and blacks are being negatively effected by how the MSM and the DNC are handling racial issues. They have politicised it for the wrong reasons with no regards to the consequences.

edit on 16131America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jan 2017 15:16:11 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As long as Obama is promising us ....

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: seasonal

President Obama handles this horrible situation very well. He explains that the new technology is allowing us to view this stuff live. And calls this crime terrible and that we need to talk about racism.

But do you agree that the problems of race relations has gotten better? I would love to live in a world where I can walk anywhere in the city, but I know full well I'm not going to walk there. But that is just my experience, I don't represent the whole country.

"I promise you [that] for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” Obama said in reference to the horrible video where a white man was beaten by 4 black people. Is he right? Are things getting better?
First, as a Black American, let me say that the animals that did this to that kid should be put down, or at the very least, locked in a cage forever. As far as race relations in my neck of the woods in Georgia, race relations are fine. We live outside the city limits and we have White and Black neighbors. As far as Chicago is concerned, I hope those savages eradicate each other until they're all gone. Those creatures are not "Black" people and us Black people hate these animals.

Your post is proof that there is still a big problem with race relations, if you had made that post without first identifying yourself as an African American people on here would be jumping all over you for calling the black criminals in Chicago animals and savages.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I think race relations right now are at a lower point and worse than they have been in the last decade. But I do not think we are at an all time low like some on here suggest.

I also think a lot of the perceived tension between races is caused by social media and the ease of access to information that we have. Because if I go only by the internet it seems like racism by all races is at an all time high. But I do not see it translate into my real everyday life.

I live in a place that has lots of people of different races living together and everyone gets along well and are cordial to each other. So in my everyday life I don't see this tension that everyone online talks about. The United States is a huge country. I think people see all these things online and think they are happening everywhere all the time.

We are a nation of over 300 million people. But because of things like facebook, twitter, blogs, and youtube. Isolated incidents of idiots on all sides being idiots get magnified into a national epidemic. When in reality its a really small percentage of the population taking part. With the vast majority just reading about it and not experiencing it firsthand.

I can guarantee there are some on here who have seen and experienced this tension in their real life day to day activities, but I can also equally guarantee that most on here only experience the tension by reading about it online.

It is definitely not isolate. Black on white crime is at very high levels in many areas of the United States. So is black on black crime. Pretending it doesn't exist will not make it go away.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join