It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I promise you for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” President Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Don't be silly, cats can't play basketball.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Bluntone22

Don't be silly, cats can't play basketball.

Sure they can!

Although parrots are better at it!

Speaking of parrots, weren't we talking about Obama an the MSM?
edit on 5-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well Chicago is a terrible place, I would be surprised if they are really too worried about their home town.

If Obama had acted like he did today during his entire admin we would be having a different conversation.

What did he do today that was so remarkable?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I felt he was calm and had good talking points about the tech that allows us to see racism and the damage it does. Perhaps he was level headed becasue there were no police involved?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You make a good point, he did kinda talk out of both sides of his mouth. It can't be bad in one situation and promised getting better in another.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

Very true, are you saying getting beat up and someone calling you a racist name and beating you up is the same?

I don't know if it's the same. Getting beat is getting beat.

Race is just an artificial construct.

We aren't a different species.

Race/skin color should never define us. It's something we have no control over. It's like defining people by the shapes of their noses.

It really makes no sense.

Our character, our values, our ethics, our morals, our actions, our desires. . . .

That's what should define us.

Defining by skin color is lazy and shallow.

I used to believe this also. Now I have a different belief. Humans are humans. Of course. White, black, yellow, brown, whatever. All humans.

Dogs are dogs. Yeah? Of course but different breeds have different demeanors for the most part. A pug doesn't act like a lab and a lab doesn't act like a German shepherd.

Apparently while all humans are human...I'm seeing us more like breeds of dogs. Our different cultures have changed us tremendously over the years and each race is different for the most part. Is it racist? Maybe but it's how I see things these days. Maybe I'm a victim of my lying eyes.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I stand corrected. Haha

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
someone lock obama in a mental ward with the rest of the lunatics . The mans delusions are getting people tortured and killed .

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Our culture determines our "breed".

Not our skin color.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

I weirdly got that🤗

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Not our skin color.

But I'm backing this up 100%

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Definitely, it has become exceesingly worse, to the point that friends feel uncomfortable with each other. Tell me thats not so. Youd have to be a hermit not to notice. Sure, we do see it more now, but that is likely contributing to the problem.

Obama is lying to himself, as well as us. Dishonest Barry.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Not our skin color.

Correct. I did say our cultures have changed "us" tremendously. I'm referring to all races. Fact is that most people do congregate within their own race and of course their own cultures.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Right.

So when you endlessly target the poorest group with bling bling gangster culture music/videos for decades, while also raising them for two or so generations telling them they cant be racist, and that it their fellow commoners from the 'other' group that victimized them (whom ARE "all" racists of course), and then the POTUS legitimizes a racially charged movement that openly calls for 'other group' dead bodies, and then the MSM plays apologist damage control unit no matter how heinous the atrocities that begin to emerge as a result.... the results are entirely predictable: Obama's America.
edit on 6-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Totally agree, race was an issue that was gradually working its self out. Only till Obama got elected the media created a racial circus about a black president. Now it's Trump, and his war on illegal's who are mostly Hispanic. To me it looks like a deliberate shaking up of the racial bees nest so we forget or loose sight of the real enemy, That being the share holders of the federal reserve. As far as some of the police go, I wonder if they see race when it comes to exercising their control issues instead of the Law.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: greenfox86

The circus wasn't just because he was a half black president, it was more to the tune of how immediately right out the gates if you were opposed to his policies then that got you labeled a "racist". Sure, he didn't himself do it that I ever noticed, but the MSM and the DNC congress folks started running that narrative HARD at least as soon as Obamacare.

Then factor in the above model I just posted.

Then factor in social media spreading crazy ideas via the Emotional Contagion Effect, coupled with the new socially engineered narcissistic snowflake generation 'conveniently' particularly well suited to readily take to the new maniacal ideology.

Then factor in all the Progressive Stack (based on the Critical Race Theory that they raised the minorities on the idea of it not being possible for them to be racist).

Then couple all of that with tried and true left/right divide & conquer us vs. them BS extravaganza, which by this point was not totally bent on these SJW Identity Politics based entirely on Moral Emotional Wedge Issues.

All of which increasingly rammed down everyone's throats with this PC thought/fun police crap.

So now we have systematic societal oppression everything from telling people what they can say, demonizing everyone as bigots, to down right atrocities (protected and nurtured by the POTUS, the DNC and the MSM), and now, after years of this BS people finally fighting back...

So, it wasn't all on Obama, especially not simply because he's half black, but it definitely was all on his crew, his team. No doubt about that part. Except for in their minds because in their minds its not even possible for them to be bigots of any sort while everyone else is by default (and if you directly oppose them you're irredeemably deplorable).

edit on 6-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yeah, race relations have improved greatly. That's why we're reading about a white mentally handicapped man being tortured by four black "kids". Certainly wasn't racially motivated in the slightest, oh no siree.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I think you are right, his handling of many, many racial situations made things much worse.

Was the first racially motivated on purpose goof: I don't have all the facts, but the police acted stupidly?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

A promise isn't something that validates a circumstance. A promise is something one must live up to with implications for the future.

Better to speak without saying, "I promise" unless your intent is to take action.

That being said, what a pointless guarantee. I think people can figure out these things for themselves. A bunch of victims of racial attacks just lost their lower jaw watching that.

Are people so disconnected that this kind of manipulation actually works?

It's clear the lie isn't directed at the people in the middle of a kitchen gun fight. The TV blasting on the counter, Obama says, "I promise, color doesn't matter as much" while Uncle Kracker, Mr. T, and Gabriel Iglesias are lying in pools of their own blood in a room full of playing cards... and that's not baking soda!

On a related note, my hands are big and strong enough to pull my own head off.

The blatant lying is that level of creepy.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Obama was full of promises, like Nafta. He said we gotta to something about that, he did nothing.

The race wedge is a very useful tool to divide Americans, tried and true. With the weaponized media following in goose step there is little that couldn't be achieved.

But something just happened, and the liberal left still can't believe it's ears, let alone their eyes. This "orange, cheeto, sexist, racist, blah blah blah" was elected by the knuckle draggers. And what really surprised the liberals is the when he was called racist or sexist it just bounced off. It didn't stick.

You see what the facebook video brought to your desktop was hate, was the real evil of racism. Noticing someone is white or black isn't racism. The video is what happens when a ill prepared man becomes president and starts to make all the comments that he has that makes it OK, becasue Obama said police acted stupidly---let's get the police. His voice carries weight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join