It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I promise you for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” President Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Just get your $hit and get out.

And don't try to steal things like Bill and Hillary did

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Shallow, that was the word at the tip of my tongue I couldn't think of!!! Thanks, updating it to "The idiotic and shallow subdivisions of humanity due to absurdly irrelevant superficial physical traits"

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think race relations right now are at a lower point and worse than they have been in the last decade. But I do not think we are at an all time low like some on here suggest.

I also think a lot of the perceived tension between races is caused by social media and the ease of access to information that we have. Because if I go only by the internet it seems like racism by all races is at an all time high. But I do not see it translate into my real everyday life.

I live in a place that has lots of people of different races living together and everyone gets along well and are cordial to each other. So in my everyday life I don't see this tension that everyone online talks about. The United States is a huge country. I think people see all these things online and think they are happening everywhere all the time.

We are a nation of over 300 million people. But because of things like facebook, twitter, blogs, and youtube. Isolated incidents of idiots on all sides being idiots get magnified into a national epidemic. When in reality its a really small percentage of the population taking part. With the vast majority just reading about it and not experiencing it firsthand.

I can guarantee there are some on here who have seen and experienced this tension in their real life day to day activities, but I can also equally guarantee that most on here only experience the tension by reading about it online.
edit on 5-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

“I promise you for the most part, race relations have gotten better”

Given Obamas plenitude for breaking promises, I'm gonna go with 'he actually meant the opposite what he actually said'.

link   

"I promise you [that] for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” Obama said in reference to the horrible video where a white man was beaten by 4 black people.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Maybe the problem is everyone trying to say that all races are the same instead of agreeing that all races are different. Not better, not worse. Just different and accepting those differences.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Point taken. Very nice.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"I promise you [that] for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” Obama said in reference to the horrible video where a white man was beaten by 4 black people

This guy is a class one @ssh0le . That is like when hillary said no one is interested in her email scandals. What a bunch of bs.

I agree race relations were getting better , but prior to his presidency.

During his presidency and with the help of the race baiting MSM, Political parties and so called political correctness it started to decline.

Interesting so White gets beat by black Americans racism getting better,. fergusan occurs America is the cesspool of racism.

I Cant believe im looking forward to a likely conman such as trump to take the helm.

edit on 09131America/ChicagoThu, 05 Jan 2017 22:09:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Since almost none of his policies worked or made sense.... He (and Michelle and Holder and Lynch) have been stirring the racism pot for YEARS now.

Then... he wants to make a claim that somehow everything he has said and done (and what Michelle has said and done and what holder has said and done) never happened....?

I would say this infuriates me but to be completely honest.... his days at the helm are almost gone and I do believe we will survive a few more weeks so actually, I'm able to take it all in stride. I know the Obama temper tantrum isn't finished yet... but it's almost done.

His successor is no angel but for all his flaws (and there are SO MANY) he is pragmatic and he is a businessman and he knows that the best way to move forward in general is to keep things calm. He isn't going to be starting wars with the Ruskies (although he may bomb the sh-t out of some areas in the middle East which is something to ponder).

What I do sincerely believe is he is NOT going to stoke the flames of (alleged) wide-spread racism and try to turn blacks against whites against latinos against "others"....

So long Obama.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No that's not the problem. The problem is everyone maintaining the delusion that races exist, by giving it credence, and pretending they aren't being completely absurd by thinking some shallow physical trait should somehow define who they are as a human, and have any affect on their place in society and anything else for that matter, beyond anything other than sexual attraction, and even then, in a way no different than one person is a leg man, another likes knockers, someone else likes tall men, or blonds.
edit on 1/5/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm pretty sure race relations have gotten worse during his terms in office. The black lives matter campaign is stirring people up and it is making the lives of a lot of cops a lot worse having to deal with a bunch of people who are being irate..

Our country has become much more divided on many fronts since Obama took office.

I feel like the media is doing all of the stirring which has, in turn, led to where we are now (including, but not limited to, BLM)...and, yes, race relations are worse. I don't see any changes on a personal level with black people I am friends and neighbors with. But I think, on a general, non-personal level, white and black people have become far more distrustful of one another.

Barky is wrong per the usual. Too busy patting himself on the back to have an actual honest conversation about race.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

As far as obama is concerned, black people killing white cops and kidnapping and torturing a white special needs teen IS better. Equality was never on the agenda. Revenge is the flavor of the day. Equality means having to be competitive in the professional world and take responsibility for your actions. I don't see anything competitive or responsible happening, do you?

I wonder how proud michelle is after the recent events in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

In your opinion, what did Obama do that made relations worse?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
So long Obama.

He could have simply told the truth. When black people gather together, they act like animals.

I've seen this behavior over the span of decades. What's so hard about saying it out loud ... not glossing it over with anything.

0bama lied. Race relations are terrible. They have ALWAYS been terrible. They're not getting better at all ... and they deteriorated during the time he held office.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well Chicago is a terrible place, I would be surprised if they are really too worried about their home town.

If Obama had acted like he did today during his entire admin we would be having a different conversation.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Race relations have NOT gotten better, look at all the repressed racism around here and other social media platforms, look at what the media is talking about and causing outrage over. Racism is alive and well on both sides of the fence and they feed off of each other and make each other worse. Might be why the media is fixated on it right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: interupt42

In your opinion, what did Obama do that made relations worse?

For starters
He has played into the MSM race baiting tactics by stereotyping and making one primary group the targetted villians (white) and one primary group the targetted victims (blacks).

The problem with that is that its counterintuitive because neither sides likes to be labled a villian or a victim. All that does is generate hate,anger , and intolerance on both sides.

The truth of the matter is racism occurs on both sides and every race including Africam Americans have dirty hands when it comes to slavery.

In addition , the msm , dnc take the easy lazy way out and automatically call it racism when often times the more appropriate label is calling the person an @hole.

Now dont get me wrong the gop is not innocent on this, but they are not as guilty as the left who has used it to get minorty support.

All he has done along with the dnc and msm is politicize racism, but for all the wrong reasons with no regards on how its adding fuel to the fire and making things worse.

edit on 36131America/ChicagoThu, 05 Jan 2017 22:36:07 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

Very true, are you saying getting beat up and someone calling you a racist name and beating you up is the same?

I don't know if it's the same. Getting beat is getting beat.

Race is just an artificial construct.

We aren't a different species.

Race/skin color should never define us. It's something we have no control over. It's like defining people by the shapes of their noses.

It really makes no sense.

Our character, our values, our ethics, our morals, our actions, our desires. . . .

That's what should define us.

Defining by skin color is lazy and shallow.

To put it weirdly, humans are like cats.... Same species buncha different colors.. If a grey cat constantly gets harassed by an orange cat. Everytime the grey cat sees an orange cat he's going to be stand-offish. The cats not racist, he just associates what that one orange cat did with all other orange cats. Not all cats do this, some sniff around the to see if it's the same type dude.

Like I said, to put it weirdly.
edit on 5-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Can black cats play basketball better than white cats?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

When black people gather together, they act like animals.

I'm hopeful that you are joking and it flew over my head because it's a bit late in my time zone.

Yes, when thuggish black people gather, they act like animals. When white trash gather, they act like animals.

When decent black people gather, they have parties and eat and drink and laugh and tell stories and the cops don't have to show up. When decent white people gather, they have parties and eat and drink and laugh and tell stories and the cops don't have to show up.

I've seen this behavior over the span of decades. What's so hard about saying it out loud ... not glossing it over with anything.

In my younger years I might have agreed with you. I grew up in a "border town" meaning that I was on the "suburb" side of the border and a stones throw away was technically "the City." I'll be completely honest here. It was no secret that, as an example, 4 kids would come into the neighborhood on two bicycles (two riding and two as passengers on spikes... what we called the things attached to the rear wheels to stand on) and they would leave with 4 bicycles.

Of course, as a young adult who's world started to expand beyond my town, I became friends with all sorts of people and I realized that the color of someone's skin really means nothing. It's all about the VALUES that they carry with them and how they live their lives.

There are some really, remarkably, incredibly HORRIBLE people out there. There are people out there that, I honestly believe if they thought they could get away with it, would kill me in a heartbeat to steal my phone with the broken screen or steal my wallet which typically has about $20 in it (excluding credit/debit cards).

It has NOTHING to do with race. It has everything to do with VALUES.

0bama lied.

I absolutely agree with this. He is a race-baiter and an instigator and he become one because early on he realized that he had no idea how to attain the "utopia" he pretended he was going to provide. His entire presidency has been a disgrace not exclusively because of race but that is a part of it. He failed on the world stage. He failed on economics. He failed on his alleged "shovel ready" projects.

The best thing about his presidency is that it's shelf life is going to expire in DAYS.

Thank goodness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join