It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I promise you for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” President Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

President Obama handles this horrible situation very well. He explains that the new technology is allowing us to view this stuff live. And calls this crime terrible and that we need to talk about racism.

But do you agree that the problems of race relations has gotten better? I would love to live in a world where I can walk anywhere in the city, but I know full well I'm not going to walk there. But that is just my experience, I don't represent the whole country.

"I promise you [that] for the most part, race relations have gotten better,” Obama said in reference to the horrible video where a white man was beaten by 4 black people. Is he right? Are things getting better?

edit on 5-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't care What that man has to say anymore. His opinions fell by the way side a long time ago.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

As long as the focus is on the color of the person instead of the character of the person, then we will always have a race problem.

(MLK weeps)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just get your $hit and get out.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This belongs in the "my favorite facepalm quote from Obama" thread.

link   
you hear that BLM? barry says race relations are ok now you all can go home.

I wonder what statistics or sources he is using to base that assessment on? he`s lied too many times for me to just take his word for it.

link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I am going to surprise a bunch of people here, I am no Obama fan, but he handled this very good. I thought he made sense, I didn't get this same feeling during his entire presidency.

link   
lol orly Mr.Obama

3 words that disprove that........."Black Lives Matter"

link   

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It would seem that perhaps, he was off the Oxycontin that day? He certainly seems to have been on something during his 8 year term because little of what he's said in the past made any sense. He wants to go out of Office with the (everyone will remember me based on my last 2 weeks in office) regardless of making an ass of myself and my Country.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure race relations have gotten worse during his terms in office. The black lives matter campaign is stirring people up and it is making the lives of a lot of cops a lot worse having to deal with a bunch of people who are being irate..

Our country has become much more divided on many fronts since Obama took office.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But what if the person's race spurs the crime?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

NOPE!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

But what if the person's race spurs the crime?

Skin is just an organ of the human body.

It will always be the brain that causes the crime.

All brains are the same color.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Black people in New Jersey are much easier to talk to since Obama has been elected. They seem nicer. Maybe it's just me.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So does that mean I'm not a cracker anymore?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Instead of "race relations", it should be "The idiotic subdivisions of humanity due to absurdly irrelevant superficial physical traits" has continued to improve; gotten worse; or remains as absurd as ever. Would be better.

"The idiotic subdivisions of humanity due to absurdly irrelevant superficial physical traits" is better than "race relations" because while wordy, that may be what's necessary to continually drive the point home, while simultaneously not giving the concept of race any legitimacy to stand on.

The only way to end racism is to end the idea that race is even a real thing, which it's not.

Racism will never be ended using anything that uses race as the building blocks for it's foundation.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Very true, are you saying getting beat up and someone calling you a racist name and beating you up is the same?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm a mixed race that is in a mostly white work environment.

8 years ago I wouldn't have to type that, btw. I would just be able to say "people at my work think..."

8 years ago nobody cared, AT ALL, what color you were.

Now everyone is hyper-aware of race.

MY father is in his 70's and a devout zealot of the Democratic party. He told me last year that he's never seen racial tensions this high in his life. He went to school in the 50's and early 60's.

I think Obama changed things radically racially for the worse. I also think he did it intentionally.

After all, how can liberals live without victims? They'd have nobody to use.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Very true, are you saying getting beat up and someone calling you a racist name and beating you up is the same?

I don't know if it's the same. Getting beat is getting beat.

Race is just an artificial construct.

We aren't a different species.

Race/skin color should never define us. It's something we have no control over. It's like defining people by the shapes of their noses.

It really makes no sense.

Our character, our values, our ethics, our morals, our actions, our desires. . . .

That's what should define us.

Defining by skin color is lazy and shallow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join