It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is civilisation heading for a COLLAPSE? Historian predicts political turmoil in the 2020s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
According to hillary supporters and liberals in america conservatives society collapsed when trump Obama was elected .

See? It's a BS argument and signifies nothing except partisan lap-drool.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would argue the opposite to what these "experts" are saying.

I think Trumps election is a sign that things are changing, the impression I get (when I dont take the media into account) is that people are more happier and optimistic.

All these other civilisations that fell didnt live in the same global village that we do nor did they have access to the internet.

I do think there will be hard times ahead but I dont think a collapse is imminent or inevitable

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Civilization could be heading for a total collapse by 2020 and with Tonald Trumps new position of Potus, the likelihood leans a lot more to the prediction being accurate.

I certainly hope that with Trump as POTUS, relations with Russia with improve but I do have a niggling thought that Russia may see Trumps willingness to co-operate as a sign of weakness that could easily (In Russias Mind) be taken advantage of

Subtle reason for the thread ?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Most likely this will happen as droughts become worse and housing costs and job competition becomes more intense, not to mention ghettos spreading due to immigration and poor people having more kids when Republicans shut down planned arenthood, abortion, sex ed etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

Need we ask or wonder what political persuasion Professor Turchin holds dear.

However, a seat of the pants gut feeling of mixed metaphors tends to support the same contention simply by watching the civilization spin down to oblivion.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

World is already mad. If a Neurologist had to examine humankind, he would most likely conclude that we are already in the "Acute Stage". Sadly, even if we try to cure the illness with our combined human efforts, its gonna be on the wind. You know - once schizo, schizo for life...

edit on 5-1-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No matter the speculation the one constant in life is Martin Armstrong at Armstrong Economics. If you don't follow Martin you should because he is the man that has the future programed....
www.armstrongeconomics.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed Guns Germs and Steel and Collapse...are two books that really brought sociology and biology together for me, frankly Dr. Diamond changed the way I think literally, after reading those 2 books.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"Is civilisation heading for a COLLAPSE?" YES

I'd say it is certainly shaping up that way. I'm so extremely glad I'm a senior citizen, I'd seriously hate trying to make my way in this world now.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sounds like psychohistory from Asimov's Foundation books. Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: studio500
According to Peter Turchin, Professor of Ecology and Mathematics from the University of Connecticut,

Is civilisation heading for a COLLAPSE? Historian predicts political turmoil in the 2020s

The hell?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed Guns Germs and Steel and Collapse...are two books that really brought sociology and biology together for me, frankly Dr. Diamond changed the way I think literally, after reading those 2 books.

The bigger picture yes, and dispelling mythos and agenda thats so rampant nowadays. "Collapse" isn't about the whole thing collapsing, its about nations that rose to empire status, that demanded to control everything and everyone that eventually collapse. The world is filled with their ruins. And like idiots we keep bee bopping down the same path time and agin precisely because the powers that be bury the past so they can get on with wars of conquest for resources and territory.

Shoot me in the head, I read his book.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
"Is civilisation heading for a COLLAPSE?" YES

I'd say it is certainly shaping up that way. I'm so extremely glad I'm a senior citizen, I'd seriously hate trying to make my way in this world now.

Lol aye, and guess what? Just before the collapse, poor, disabled, mentally handicapped and old people whose "lives are no longer worth living" are done away wth first.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If nothing can be done about (radical) Islam I don't see the world making it very far into the 2020's. It's a cancer that continues to spread.

I agree with Richard Dawkins, Christianity is our best chance against Muslim terror.

“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse." - Richard Dawkins.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

According to Peter Turchin, Professor of Ecology and Mathematics from the University of Connecticut,

Since when is a professor of ecology and math a Historian? And at least spell civilization correctly.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

That's what I'm saying!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join