It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS .... Avatar Creations 2017

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi PrairieShepherd,

I've been having some hard time with picking up this old hobby. Somehow I'm screwing up on resolution but here's your avatar. If you have any requests just let me know...

Peace

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

It's just perfect, Mindcrime! Thanks!!

If you ever need a story or a character written, let me know!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I'm glad you like it!!!

To be honest, there are still so many things I would have like to see different but about 20 layers deep into this fun assignment I remembered the usefullness of naming your layers....

I must have merged some layers that should not have been merged but I can't seem to find out where.

Peace
edit on 2017pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 21 May 2017 17:53:44 -0500pm315320175 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, I really appreciate the effort - it's quite spot on for the kind of thing I was looking for, so kudos and thank you!

I'd really love to learn how to do this kind of thing in GIMP or whatever, but I just don't have the time. Wife, kids, life...ugh.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

crickets tjirping.......

Just bumping the thread.

Peace

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

in the past when we've gotten bored we'd go into the intro threads and drum up business. The Shed might have some takers, too.

Back in January i was struggling to keep up with requests....it comes and goes. Speaking of which, glad to see you here.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, I'm writing what is basically a novel (the "Epic Fantasy" link in my sig. If you guys are looking to create more backgrounds and avatars, I have a truckload of material posted and a dozen main characters to visualize. I could keep you guys busy for weeks, if you really want to exercise your skills. Just say the word.

But I don't want to step in front of anyone who needs an avatar or background - I'm gonna wear the one Op Mindcrime made me for a while so I don't really need a new one anytime soon.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not that I'm not happy with the ones Ghost has made for me; but if you're bored then I think I could drum up something for ya to work on.

how about a guy sitting under a tree bent over a journal with a pen, and rising out of the journal are various illustrations of ink, while a fairy(pink) perches on his shoulder, pointing excitedly to the the page as she chatters. Would be a definite fantasy motif

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for the welcome BFFT!!!

Taking a more active roll in welcoming new members and guiding them here for a custom avatar is probably the best way of generating more traffic to this thread. I'll get working on a nice introduction right away...

Peace
edit on 2017pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 22 May 2017 14:53:13 -0500pm315320175 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I love this idea!!!

I'm going to give it a shot....

Peace
edit on 2017pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 22 May 2017 14:54:52 -0500pm315420175 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

cant wait to see what you come up with!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hi LucidWarrior,

I've been kind of busy today but found some time to setup a concept of what you described...

It's really rough still, just wanted to know if it is going in the direction you had in mind.

I have to compromise between a detailed fairy and not having enough room for other stuff or (as I did in this design) gave it a silhouette fairy and be done with it....lol

Anyway...let me know what you think.

Peace

Ps: any suggestions for the bottom side of this avatar?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hahaha! If you say it's not done I'll believe you and wait with anticipation! I love it haha! At first I was like hmm, cus it didn't fit with the image I had been seeing. Then I kept looking and I loved it more and more! The fairy doesn't have to be detailed, just fill her in pink and it'll be good, this fairy is very bright anways haha. As for the bottom I just keep seeing water when I think about it

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That "water" is actually the same sky as above but flipped 180 so when you have a really long post, were the avatar breaks up, you have a seamless connection with the repeating avatar.

Anyway...if it's okay with you like this I'll go work on it and post it when it's done...

Peace

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

OM I continue to be blown away by your talent (welcome back, btw). I couldn'the even come close.

My only suggestion is to move the main focal point (in this case, the old dude with the book) up in the image so it shows for most average length posts. It's a shame to hide the best stuff

Again...glad to see you back!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I actually kind of like that the stories are the focal point for my shorter posts and as my posts get longer they see the guy reading fondly over what he's written.

But yeah mindcrime I am blown away by your talent as well. I mean the details on the ink drawings you did... Take your time bro. Only thing, my comment about the water was when you asked me for suggestions about the bottom, not what I literally saw haha^^

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I actually kind of like that the stories are the focal point for my shorter posts and as my posts get longer they see the guy reading fondly over what he's written.

cool

I was just commenting from the perspective of a non-prolific poster like myself

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Yeah I gotcha

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oookay...you've got to know when enough is enough and although I could spend an other 100hrs on this thing I'm gonna hand it over to you.

I hope you like it!!

Peace

Ps: if the bottom half does not meet what you had in mind I would love to make you something else.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Bonus points for finding the Easter-egg.....

Peace

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join