It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘We Cannot Deny the Legacy of Racism’ in Justice System

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter
That is one sad sad story. And it sounds like a line of crap, referring to the coat hanger being "kicked". Thanks again for the link, I'm sorry I read it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: ketsuko

Nice post.

We also cannot deny the influence that Freemasonry has on the American "justice" system. A whole different topic for a different day, but I could be implying something different altogether. There are surface agendas that you are allowed to see and those that exist underneath layers of deceit. This racial crap is pure psyop BS that the masses have grown to believe is the reality that exists outside of their front door.

This is truth. It can also get one in deep doodoo.
www.colchestercollection.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
0bama and Michael gave me a few reasons to not like black folk. I realize I simply don't like liberals who voted for him. I blame the a-holes who offered us McCain and Romney as back-to-back alternate choices.

Then I raised my middle finger to the entire world and voted for Trump.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think the character traits you dislike in the Obamas you would also not like in a non minority president. Right?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Obama: ‘We Cannot Deny the Legacy of Racism’ in Justice System

Question for everyone as I dont see this posted anywhere:
Whos freakin Justice system was it for 8 years ?
I agree with Obama . But in the opposite direction
Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That has been addressed, the only thing that was said is that the private prison system was trimmed by Obama. And you are correct, what did he do? I know that he seemed to have a hard time getting along with LEO.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think the character traits you dislike in the Obamas you would also not like in a non minority president. Right?

While you are correct, what I was specifically referring to was his administration's ability to bring out the worst aspects of 'blackness'.

If I had a son.
Hands up ... don't shoot.
For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yep those thing are meant to separate us, and he didn't seem to understand the weight of his statements.

I also liked, I don't have all the info, but the police acted stupidly.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
And yet he did nothing about prohibition and the drug war, which is what the justice system has used as a tool of racism (and money making and a lot of other things).

Hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I don't see how you can do 8 years and now suddenly say what is going on. He had all the chips in 2009, did very little good.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The biggest disparity in the justice system is between the rich and the poor. But I also agree in the past race played a bigger part. Not so much anymore. Just ask O.J.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

>It should not matter if it is your first crime or your tenth.

Oh yes it does! If they didn't learn the first time obviously you have to come down harder the next, a concept the courts of Milwaukee seem to have a problem with since the man who shot at a house and killed a 18-mo. old baby, was still able to be out running around when he shot at a woman from a stolen car when he tried to jack hers. Hit the stop sign 5 times (some folks are known for their incredible accuracy when shooting randomly). Just had armed robberies where the youngest was 13 and his record was from age TEN. TEN YEARS OLD stealing cars carrying rifles. Nice.

So I disagree and furthermore, we need to start introducing young people who brazenly go on armed crime sprees to the criminal justice system not as children but as VIOLENT OFFENDERS and send them to special secure facilities. I am tired to the uncivilized roaming about unchecked and with a brazen attitude that I have not seen in my 50 years.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
racism and bias are a social problem not a system problem and no amount of reform to the system can fix it, only the people can change themselves to better society.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

It would be more like Germans with blond hair typically only getting a slap on the wrist for speeding, but Germans with black hair geting 20 years for speeding.

Germans with blond hair get pulled over for speeding just as much as Germans with black hair and both of them get pulled over than any other American demographic, including people with black skin in my example because the Germans are used to a culture with an Autobahn where they can simply drive as fast as they like.

But I see you missed my point entirely in an effort to make your own.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: seasonal

I also agree with him. Racism is written into the constitution...

Racism is purely economics.

If you pay people what they are worth, you reduce the profit you make from their labor.

So, racism is introduced to create the environment where perceptions are at variance with reality, so people accept the idea that the lesser humans should be paid less for the same work that the greater humans would demand more compensation for. It's just the capitalist profit motive.

If the black man was not worth more than the white man paid him, then the white man would never have gone through all the trouble of fetching him all the way from Africa to work the white man's lands.

If the black man was paid more than he was worth, the Africans would all be building ships and sailing over themselves to offer their labor, and would not have to be "fetched" to get here.

So, racism was simply a social-economic engineering tool, previously encased in law, to favor the masters, to enable the maximal capitalist profit to be materialized.

People, left to themselves, will eventually merge into one group. So, racism has to be "imposed" on the population, by propaganda, and laws, to force people to think and act like racists.

edit on 7-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

If the black man was paid more than he was worth, the Africans would all be building ships and sailing over themselves to offer their labor, and would not have to be "fetched" to get here.

Your post addresses the past, but does a poor job explaining the phenomena of boat people who very much do "build their own ships to fetch themselves over here." They are doing it to get from places like Cuba to the US. They don't have the build boats to walk across the Rio Grande and people from all over the world use that border to "fetch themselves here."

You see the phenomena of people boating over the Mediterranean to get into Europe.

They have boat people coming to Australia.

It is a world-wide phenomena.

So your post is no longer historically relevant.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AMPTAH

Your post addresses the past, but does a poor job explaining the phenomena of boat people who very much do "build their own ships to fetch themselves over here." They are doing it to get from places like Cuba to the US. They don't have the build boats to walk across the Rio Grande and people from all over the world use that border to "fetch themselves here."

So your post is no longer historically relevant.

Well, you're partly right. We no longer have slavery as a system. But, there's still demand for cheap labor.

That cheap labor comes from the fresh new immigrants, refugees and the undocumented, desperate to work.

They come because their own lands are in chaos and they seek a better life.

So, while slavery is abolished, we have not yet abolished wars and interventions in foreign lands, that create the chaos that people need to flee.

So, people are still migrating, just not being "fetched" in slave ships anymore.

And there's still a "lower wage class" in the population, that is being successfully exploited, because of the "induced" migrations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join