It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘We Cannot Deny the Legacy of Racism’ in Justice System

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What did Obama do about this in his 8 years? I am honestly asking.

It seemed he really had a problem with the police in general. I imagine it would be a hard fought battle for the dems to reform this screwed up system and I wonder if they are willing to spend political capitol on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I agree, however, unfortunately for him (and his wife), they have helped amplify the race-hate over the last 8 years, this will be The Obamas legacy imo.

Ingrained cultural racism won't change unless it changes from WITHIN - in both the African-American community as well as the white community, Asian community, Latino community et al....

Government is NOT interested in healing this rift, it serves their purposes to keep the divide clear and extinguishable as it allows for laws to be passed and debates to ensue as to why one demographic is somehow more equal than another demographic AND apparent it always comes down to skin color and past perceived privilege.

The enemy is government, government propaganda and individuals like Scott Foval / Robert Creamer who are violent intolerant extremist government muppets like the brownshirts of yesteryear - stoking the fires of hate to keep folks hating on each other (even though both sides want to live in peace, have a decent wage and be happy).

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm curious how this "four black people attack a disabled white kid" case goes, when a few months ago an almost identical case occurred where a group of football players beat and raped a disabled black kid. The leader of that assault was given a plea deal reducing his life imprisonment sentence for rape, to a three year probation (without having to register as a sex offender) and 300 hours of community service. Probation and community service for beating and anally raping a disabled kid with a coathangar.

Both of these acts are unforgiveable, but the leniency being given to these "Promising young men" are obvious miscarriages of justice. There is little doubt in my mind that justice will be served in regards to the group of black teens, I just wish it was served equally to everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
LOL

So we have an "expert" who creates a problem and then writes about the "problem".

Then comes up with "solutions".

Sounds like a classic Hegelian Dialectic.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Agreed, racism is one of the largest tools that the govt uses though the weaponized media to keep us separated.
edit on 5-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

One thing he did was to ensure that the federal government didn't continue to contract for-profit prisons. Trump has promised to reverse that policy.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Guys, do you believe he wrote the whole 56 pages by himself ?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

It seemed he really had a problem with the police in general. I imagine it would be a hard fought battle for the dems to reform this screwed up system and I wonder if they are willing to spend political capitol on it.

He did dick about it.

Maybe we can petition Trump to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

He said Americans should see the racism in the system.

Now that he's leaving...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nice post.

We also cannot deny the influence that Freemasonry has on the American "justice" system. A whole different topic for a different day, but I could be implying something different altogether. There are surface agendas that you are allowed to see and those that exist underneath layers of deceit. This racial crap is pure psyop BS that the masses have grown to believe is the reality that exists outside of their front door.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why is it the presumption that justice has been unjust? and not that the black

parent's commit more crimes

That hoary old chestnut dragged out again .... I was targeted because I'm black

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is a horrible idea, but I believe that the profit motive should be removed from the medical system as well from the prison.
edit on 5-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

I would like to see the source.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What's a horrible idea, the federal contracting or NOT contracting with for profit prisons?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It seems like a self fulfilling agenda.
Minorities get pulled over more, so they go to jail more. Because minorities are in the justice system more, they are pulled over more and are then in the justice system more. Repeat.

Your question is not simple nor easily answered.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would like Mr. President to experience judicial and penal racism in the same way that I did. Then again, I'm a "white Hispanic" so it's like a split ticket. Was I judged by my name or my skin tone or the crime I was convicted of? I'm thinking it was the crime. If I say anything more I'll be slammed for realism/racism.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There should be not profit from the prison system. What kind of sick system would do that, human nature will make that a bad situation.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Thank you for the source.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If you're genuinely curious as to understand the viewpoint, the science, see here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join