It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Hillary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We got what we deserved.

When the right ushered in the first volleys in the politics of personal destruction during the Bill Clinton years, only to be institutionalized in our governance during the Bush administration, many on the left screamed rightly in utter outrage. As a conservative, I joined them as well and relentlessly condemned what I was seeing from the right.

But then came the Obama administration, along with Reid and Pelosi. Rather than changing anything, they double down on the divisive and specious political approach of the Bush administration. In fact, they perfected it.

Suddenly, many if not all of the voices from the left that I had supported as a conservative turned a blind eye to this continuing reality-- a true lesson in hypocrisy.

Now that the backlash has produced a Trump presidency, all pretense from the left in my view has been dropped. They have become so unhinged, that I now see how broken our culture really is.

It's going to take a very long time, if ever, for things to improve.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I 100% disagree with this line:

Because the sides wanted the same thing, they just wanted it done a different way.

Unless you're talking about 200 years ago, this is the farthest from the truth. The right/left paradigm is completely different and want different things. ESPECIALLY when you are discussing key talking points like abortion, war, and taxes.
You can pick any topic today, or 75 years ago, and no one will say they wanted the same things.
You're also wrong about past elections people moving on with their lives. You know how many of my hardcore right wing friends said "Ocrapa is not my president". And now the left is using the same tagline. Who cares?

If I could give this thread negative flags I would. Let it the *&$% go. The Trump/Hillary discussion is over. It's just Trump now.
Every person who is political knows the other side. That's why we are on what we perceive is the correct side.

People are different. The fact that we only have 2 major parties to me is the ridiculous part. Other parties need to be taken seriously in all elections.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
But out of curiosity, Which lies was that?

Trump said he would release his tax returns for starters....

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RiptKeys
a reply to: DBCowboy

I 100% disagree with this line:

Because the sides wanted the same thing, they just wanted it done a different way.

Unless you're talking about 200 years ago, this is the farthest from the truth. The right/left paradigm is completely different and want different things. ESPECIALLY when you are discussing key talking points like abortion, war, and taxes.
You can pick any topic today, or 75 years ago, and no one will say they wanted the same things.
You're also wrong about past elections people moving on with their lives. You know how many of my hardcore right wing friends said "Ocrapa is not my president". And now the left is using the same tagline. Who cares?

If I could give this thread negative flags I would. Let it the *&$% go. The Trump/Hillary discussion is over. It's just Trump now.
Every person who is political knows the other side. That's why we are on what we perceive is the correct side.

People are different. The fact that we only have 2 major parties to me is the ridiculous part. Other parties need to be taken seriously in all elections.
Why participate in a thread that you don't like?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Everything Hillary says that is not true can be put down to the PTSD she sustained whilst under sniper fire in Bosnia.

Everything Trump says that is not true can be blamed on twitter, Russia & his tiny little orange hands.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was firmly planted in the anybody but Hillary camp. Not pro-Trump. There's a lot of reasons why but I just don't agree with having the same family members rotate through positions of governmental power. I'll be against another Bush, Clinton or Obama if they ever run.

Party politics doesn't matter to me. I'm not happy with independent because even that has stupid connotations these days. If people paid attention to the way proposals are written, discussed, adjusted and finally resolved then they'd likely have a different opinion of the whole thing.

I've watched people go in to the senate and congress, vote against their party, walk out and give a little speech promoting the party line. Watch enough of the stuff and it's pretty enlightening, boring as watching paint dry but enlightening.

I am not pro-Trump but I'm not willing to rip him to shreds over every fault either. Just like I haven't acted that way towards the last Presidents I've seen come and go. They all do some good, some bad, a lot of neither. Trump will be no different. He will neither fix nor break this country. We're all responsible for that.

tl;dr: Stop fighting each other. Learn how proposals actually work. Stop treating the President like an Emperor. Take responsibility.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

And how is that going to improve your lifestyle if he does?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Everything Trump says that is not true can be blamed on twitter, Russia & his tiny little orange hands.

Everything Trump says that is not true can be blamed on Russia hacking Trumps twitter account!

No proof is necessary

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Harder to take a stand on principles when given the option of briefcases of cash or "suicide" by suppressed pistol.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I can't be the only one that sees through the democrat/republican charade...can I?

I supported trump simply because I saw how bad this entrenched power structure didn't want him elected. Isn't that messed up? Supporting someone who is being torn down at every opportunity by the TV, newspapers and other politicians.

I thought well he obviously isn't gonna play ball with global controllers if they are smearing him like this...where if he was going to the Washington post and Fox news would be singing a different tune. Any shred of integrity the TV news had went out the window with this election. It really was stunning.

Doesn't mean he will be a good president. But I have little doubt Hillary would have us starting WW3 for her masters.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

And how is that going to improve your lifestyle if he does?

What are you on about, it appears Trumpets do not like their God Emperorer's lies pointed out! Where id I clim it would improve my lifestyly? I simply answered question, "But out of curiosity, Which lies was that?"

I think Trump's funniest lies were when he was in his manic birther phase
edition.cnn.com...

His funniest birther lie was:-

In a wide-ranging interview that aired Thursday, Trump said he is not convinced that the birth certificate that Obama has produced, certified by the state of Hawaii where Obama was born and acknowledged as legitimate by most scholars, is enough proof. He says he has dispatched his own investigators to Hawaii. “I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” he said. “His grandmother in Kenya said he was born in Kenya, and she was there and witnessed the birth. He doesn’t have a birth certificate or he hasn’t shown it,” Trump told Vieira.

www.today.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think the disagreement comes about because each side does indeed understand the other. The majority of users on this forum all seem very well read and seem to have life experience to back up their beliefs/viewpoints.

The idea that if everyone "understood" everyone else we would all see how silly we are for disagreeing with one another is a fallacy.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have a challenge for everyone - Just let it go and put your focus on something more interesting like conspiracies, secrets and all the other cool, fun, interesting stuff ATS was originally created for all of us to talk about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join