It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Navy Helicopter captures UFO on video in 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
An exceptional nine-minute Navy video of a UFO displaying highly unusual behavior, studied by Chilean authorities for the last two years, is now being released to the public. The CEFAA - the Chilean government agency which investigates UFOs, or UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena), has been in charge of the investigation. Located within the DGAC, the equivalent of our FAA but under the jurisdiction of the Chilean Air Force, CEFAA has committees of military experts, technicians and academics from many disciplines. None of them have been able to explain the strange flying object captured by two experienced Navy officers from a helicopter.

The Chilean government agency always makes its cases public when an investigation is complete, and acknowledges the existence of UAP when a case merits such a conclusion.

ALSO DISCUSSED HERE
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Jan 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If it's Chilean then why is measurements in standard instead of metric and words in English?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Quite the interesting video. Looks like some type of vapor/con trail being put out by whatever it is in the video that seems to be chugging along slowly.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
If it's Chilean then why is measurements in standard instead of metric and words in English?

From an aviation blog: "Because of the proliferation of American and British aircraft during the early years of aviation, the imperial foot became standard for altitude measurement. China (PRC), North Korea, and Russia, however, use meters for altitude measurement"

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nononsense35

Fair enough...I thought it was weird when I saw standard instead of metric but that explaination makes sense. Still find it weird it's in English but I guess if they buy them from an English speaking country they may not have wanted to pay for the change. Must be weird having to learn English to fly lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A bit of background on the story.

At 1:52 pm, while filming the terrain, the technician observed a strange object flying to the left over the ocean. Soon both men observed it with the naked eye. They noticed that the velocity and the altitude of the object appeared to be about the same as the helicopter, and estimated that the object was approximately 35 to 40 miles (55-65 km) away. It was traveling W/NW, according to the Captain. The technician aimed the camera at the object immediately and zoomed in with the infra red (IR) for better clarity.

Shortly thereafter, the pilot contacted two radar stations - one close by on the coast, and the other the main DGAC Control system (Ground Primary Radar) in Santiago - to report the unknown traffic. Neither station could detect it on radar, although both easily picked up the helicopter. (The object was well within the range of radar detection.) Air traffic controllers confirmed that no traffic, either civilian or military, had been reported in the area, and that no aircraft had been authorized to fly in the controlled air space where the object was located. The on-board radar was also unable to detect the object and the camera’s radar could not lock onto it.
The pilot tried several times to communicate with the UAP, using the multi-national, civilian bandwidth designed for this purpose. He received no reply.

The Navy Captain stated that the object was a “flat, elongated structure” with “two thermal spotlights like discharges that did not coincide with the axel of motion.” The technician described it as as “white with a semi-oval shape on the horizontal axis.”
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 5-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's the good stuff. Very weird.

The initial images seem to show some sort of exhaust or something coming from the top, left, right and bottom of the object. And then later, obviously, the much darker trail which looked to me to be coming out of each orb.
It's hard to judge distances and speed, but it didn't seem to be massively accelerating.

Some sort of secret cloud seeding...blimp?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

All Civil aviation language is in English, to stop confusion.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That's fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

I take it that IR is infra red and dark means hot?

Also, what are the two other views? I suppose one is 'normal' view.

Sorry, not very tecno about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The unusual vapor has been seen before mostly with the silvery disk UFOs. I've seen one from a about a mile away or so but didn't detect the vapor trail. Interesting report and they're still being seen but not understood as to what they are and why.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nononsense35
That's correct.
Although, with the introduction of drones into modern day flight, meters has become more common.
But feet is always the default measurement when it comes to aviation and talking to ATC

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandy555
That's fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

I take it that IR is infra red and dark means hot?

Also, what are the two other views? I suppose one is 'normal' view.

Sorry, not very tecno about this stuff.

EON and EOW means, Electro Optical Narrow and Wide. These are two separate CCD cameras for wide and narrow(telescope) view.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There's a mock up image of the object below

The video depicts two connected white circular lights or hot spots, giving off much heat (left). This image was part of an analysis by astrophysicist Luis Barrera. “Envoltura” means “envelope.”

plus find more images and info at

Huff Post

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How exactly was the range estimated? Guessing?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm not impressed with the competence of this Chilean commission of Kean reported their findings accurately. She wrote : "It was confirmed that no space debris entered the atmosphere on that date in that location, and in any case, such an object would have fallen rapidly and not flown horizontally. Two independent experts on explosives told CEFAA staff that in such a scenario, the rounded vehicle would explode in the air due to the high internal pressure, and that the gas would catch fire in a flash. And any such re-entries would have been communicated to the Chilean government so that aircraft can be warned, as is the protocol."

These claims are just silly. The most that could be confirmed is that no object was predicted to reenter along a path thousands of miles long that crossed the region that the target was thought to be in -- nobody can predict a location where a low Earth orbit reentry will actually occur nor does the US DoD normally disclose what its highly classified space-based IR cameras observe. Reentering satellites do NOT "fall rapidly", during their fireball phase they are very close to horizontal, descending at a shallow angle. Also, "experts on explosives" in Chile know nothing about the thermal environment of hypersonic reentry nor about what spacecraft would or wouldn't do under such conditions. And there is no protocol to warn governments about satellite reentries to allow air traffic to be warned off -- that entire sentence is imaginary, since nobody can predict WHICH governments a demising satellite will burn up over..

I do NOT think it has anything to do with reentering satellites, I'm just using that subject to calibrate the actual technical knowledge of the commission.

Was the image always above the horizon? If so, what bright objects might have been on the celestial sphere in that direction?
edit on 6-1-2017 by JimOberg because: ,,,

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nice find that is sorely needed in the current community. Wonder if this could possibly be a sighting many have been waiting for while sifting through the hoaxes and non UFOs. Chilean expert sourced analysis claims that it's not a “medium-haul aircraft”and it's not dumping cabin water waste. Very concerning as to what was dumped, and of course by what, if that is the case.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

It does look as if it's condensation. It's narrow and weak just behind the object and gets broader and denser over time. Must be forming in the atmosphere then, not?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm curious whats being released.

Could it be to hurt, or help?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What bothers me and is not mentioned in the article is - why didn't they call for some type of intercept flight?
After observing the object for some time and being in contact with 2 different radar stations that did not pick the object on radar, nor did they pick it up with their on board radar, it would make sense to call for an intercept to try to identify it. Especially after seeing the object venting some type of material.
It's possible that the helicopter did not have the speed or fuel to try an intercept themselves, being that the object was 35-40 miles distant. But the Chilean Air Force does have F-16 and F-5 aircraft that are quite capable.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Decent explanations for this video can be found on page 2 of this thread regarding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join