It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoever is in charge of the MUFON website, read this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It seems I can not post a screenshot of their home page, but it basicly says: "MUFON, featured on... the X-files" How does that contribute to the believabilit of the website. You can check it out yourself by visit www.mufon.com
It seems very strange that an organisation dedicated to investigating the UFO matter wants to be linked to a sci-fi series.... (although I am a fan...)
Can someone inform them? (I'll already send them a nice email, but the more peope respond the better)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i have already noticed this since they changed the website format
i think its mufon director in charge

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why don't you post this extremely substantive criticism of Mufon on the Corvette Forum website, or maybe the Tacoma News Tribune. It would have about as much impact.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

From what I recall from an article on the Mufon website and if my memory serves me right, they offered advice to the program makers.

I can't find the actual article but I did find this.

Six new "X-Files" episodes resurrecting the hit TV show from Creator Chris Carter blew through MUFON like a Category 4 on a Costa Rican beach. Worldwide media ate the story up and most wanted to connect the show's UFO focus to the real thing. Enter MUFON. Radio, television and print interviews were conducted worldwide. Our web-based store sales dramatically increased. Network affiliates across the country requested interviews. Phones rang steady a strong three weeks. Japanese television. New Zealand radio. All pockets of the planets. Carter was cozy with MUFON early on as he attended California meetings. MUFON was a regular mention in the original series.

It's fiction meets reality, and folks are talking. ​Thanks, Mr. Carter.

Mufon

I don't see anything wrong with this at all as most sci fi fiction is based on real events.
edit on 5-1-2017 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

"I don't see anything wrong with this at all as most sci fi fiction is based on real events."

[citation needed]
edit on 5-1-2017 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just got a response from Steve Hudgeons Jr (Director of Investigations)

" if we were to make changes per everyone's request.....we would be changing it every other day..."

I guess that's true.

But the statement made on the website is like www.gamblinghelponline.org was featured on pokerstars

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight

But the statement made on the website is like www.gamblinghelponline.org was featured on pokerstars

Oh, the irony here is palpable.....

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Citation for my own thoughts?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight
It seems very strange that an organisation dedicated to investigating the UFO matter wants to be linked to a sci-fi series....

Because many of the people that watch that show will already know who they are.. And the ones that don't will find out who they are..
Maybe there are people watching xfiles because they witnessed something strange and now they will know who to contact regarding it..
Either way smart move by mufon not something to discredit them for..
The right show to promote who they are..

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Did you reply: 'but, I want to believe'

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I lost all faith in any of the lot: MUFON and various individuals claiming to research into 1st person sightings and close encounters. I attempted to engage MUFON and the aforementioned regarding a serious encounter in 1990 on the Island of Paros in the Agean, not a single organization, or private entity so much as acknowledged me regarding what I of consider a very compelling case, so it doesnt surprise me they see riding the coat tails of a sci=fi tv show as something to hang their collective hats on...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I disagree, mostly because they surely dont even acknowledge you when you make an inquiry.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was under the impression that no one, UFO believers or otherwise, took MUFON seriously.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

X-Files was perhaps one of the most influential television shows of its time, and was in and of itself responsible for making some viewers change their perspective on the matters dealt with in some episodes, and on the subject of government and its power relative to that of the citizen more generally.

Other viewers merely found it to be a rallying point for folk with similar, pre-existing concerns about such matters, and while I doubt that anyone ever thought that an episode had entirely nailed the truth, I am certain that many people recognised that the X-Files was, as a thought experiment, right on the money, in terms of getting people to think outside the box when it came to conspiracies, plots, and even elements of historical record. I think there are a great deal of people who have been members of this website, who have been deeply affected by the existence of that television program.

While clearly a show written from a fictional point of view, it touches on things we know to be absolutely real, like governments having agencies operating within agencies, people playing both sides, the power of the military industrial complex and other similar things besides, and those are stories which needed telling. Those stories planted the seed of doubt in minds which were in desperate need of a decent crop thereof.

new topics

top topics

join