It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil platform on fire in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Coast Guard is responding to an oil platform that is burning 80 miles south of Grand Isle Louisiana. The fire was reported at 2:30am. Four people evacuated onto a supply ship, and four ships were fighting the fire, which was reported as being suppressed.

Renaissance Offshore LLC owns the platform.

weartv.com...
edit on 1/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh great, not another "extinction level event". I had enough of those threads during the BP Gusher to last a lifetime. How are we all still alive right now I'll never know...

Well I hope the humans are okay, and oil wont wash up in any bay.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I had enough of those threads during the BP Gusher to last a lifetime.

But this time.

An American actually owns it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Deepwater Horizon made 118 million at the box office. They needed another story line for "Deepwater 2: We did it again".

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, if it's a disaster it will be a money fest for the lawyers. I doubt Renaissance Offshore is as rich as BP, and as the company is American it probaly won't be hounded by politically motivated money grabbing.

I hope it ain't a disaster.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Renaissance Offshore buys existing oil fields. The fire was reported extinguished around 6am. The four crew on board evacuated in a life boat after smoke became too thick for them to continue fighting it. From the sound of things the fire was too bad for the onboard crew, but wasn't severe.

www.wwltv.com...
edit on 1/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

That was actually a really good movie. Gut wrenching what those wrench heads went through in there. Brilliant spectacle the producers managed to put on in depicting it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I think we will see a big hike in gasoline prices.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Michigan went up $.30 last week on a $.077 per gallon tax hike I can only imagine what it's going to be like on the way home. Probably over $3 again.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
God I hope not!!

They still haven't settled a fraction of the claims from the Deepwater Horizon spill...There are thousands of families on the Gulf Coast who lost their jobs, incomes, businesses and in some cases their homes due to the economical impact of the 2010 spill. Billions set aside and they still haven't made people whole....

SHAMEFUL BP!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

no for long. Trump is about to give the green light to drill where no man has drilled before in the artic and areas of the atlantic.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: carewemust

no for long. Trump is about to give the green light to drill where no man has drilled before in the artic and areas of the atlantic.

What's so wrong with reducing our dependence on foreign energy sources?

Less involvement in the ME.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

And there are still thousands of fraud cases that need resolved too.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Makes sense since gas prices in my area jumped up 40 cents today. Luckily I live on the border of my state, and simply drove over to the other one and paid 50 cents less, then 12 cents off that since I paid with cash

I swear regardless if the price of a barrel goes up or not, if there is any news that involves oil, the gas stations in my area always immediately raise the price.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Many states have laws criminalizing that kind of price gauging by gas station operators..

Since there are thousands of oil platforms in the Gulf, even the BP Gusher had no actual impact on the oil supply. Now an event like Katrina that blasts the whole regions where a big bulk of the continental refineries are, that's a whole nother story.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: GuidedKill

And there are still thousands of fraud cases that need resolved too.

That should be the easy part....Either you have a tax return showing you worked for xyz during the spill and you no longer work for xyz after the spill. Or a tax return showing reduction in wages from pre spill to post spill....

No need to make the people with legitimate claims suffer the past 6 years because some people want to abuse the system....I just wish they put half the effort into paying people then they do in not paying people is all....

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Oil platform on fire in Gulf of Mexico

Another?
Yawn....
It is common fare for the fossil fuel industry, to regularly and consistently poison the planet!!

Perhaps it stopped being news, to me, after the thousandth fire/spill...

And I just saw a news quote; "don't worry, the burning oil is not polluting the environment!"
Reeeeallly?
Hahahaha!

edit on 6-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I don't know about his State, but, Pennsylvania just jacked up it's gas tax.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Crap. Not another one.

top topics

join