It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Hearing on Russian Hacking - Top US Intelligence Officials Testify LIVE

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

But the assessments were accurate in some cases....some not...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If given an ultimatum, I would trust Assange over our corrupt, war agenda driven 'intel'.

So, you think the patriotic men and women who serve to protect this country are willing to lie to the President elect, Congress and the American people about who hacked the DNC in order to force us to war with Russia?

Why didn't they lie and tell us it was Russia that Hacked Sony, instead of N Korea, and Russia that hacked the US Civil Servant Data Base instead of telling us it was China, if they wanted to start a war with Russia?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: stosh64

If given an ultimatum, I would trust Assange over our corrupt, war agenda driven 'intel'.

So, you think the patriotic men and women who serve to protect this country are willing to lie to the President elect, Congress and the American people about who hacked the DNC in order to force us to war with Russia?

We'll know more tomorrow when Trump speaks after his Top Secret briefing. So far, his "gut feeling" on major issues has been spot on.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL! OH! Trump is going to tell you the truth? Is he going to divulge the classified, top secret evidence for your approval or disapproval too?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
All of these intel officials are getting fired and replaced with Trump's own people.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There's no proof. Nothing was shown as proof. You foolishly believe lies and BS. What else should we expect when you blindly follow almighty Hilary who can do no wrong. Your age is showing in your blind fear of Russia.
edit on 5-1-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrew778
a reply to: Sillyolme

There's no proof. Nothing was shown as proof. You foolishly believe lies and BS. What else should we expect when you blindly follow almighty Hilary who can do no wrong. Your age is showing in your blind fear of Russia.

I'm finding it pretty funny that the right are now happily supporting communism. Only in recent decades, the right were having a fit about dem der commies and now seem to think they're the good guys who are just misunderstood.

It's going to be both an amusing and scary few years if the blind and unquestioning faith in trump continues.

You should always question your leadership. It makes you smart.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

I'm finding it pretty funny that the right are now happily supporting communism. ...

Haven't you heard the latest news, since 1991, Russia has become a federation and a semi-presidential republic. The president is elected by popular vote.

You shall crawl out from under your rock from time to time!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ohanka

So like a note from God right?

And nothing short of that.

Got it.

But you are happy to accept ..... "nothing" .... as evidence.

Oh they said some names though, they might say some more names. Compelling...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Rand Paul Reminds MSNBC That James Clapper Is a Liar and Can’t Be Trusted About Russia Hacking

He also reminded viewers that Clapper misled the American people about whether the NSA was spying on them. (Paul has previously said that if Edward Snowden goes to jail, he should share a cell with Clapper.)

The author goes on to say:

It seems like the libertarian-friendly Paul is offering one of the only principled, independent perspectives in politics these days. Everyone else asks whether a given development would help or undermine Trump, and then adjusts their opinions accordingly.

Rand isn't his old man, but the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

"Misled" is NOT the same as lying. The US Intel Community doesn't have to be transparent or run their secret programs by the American people or gain their approval. See the Patriot Act.

I don't like it, but that's life in the USA!

edit on 6-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Things change ...

In 2012, Democrats laughed at Mitt Romney’s assertion that Russia was America’s “number one geopolitical foe.”

During a 2012 meeting with Russia’s then-president Dmitry Medvedev, Obama told the foreign leader he would have “more flexibility” to discuss missile defense after his last election.

In response, Obama mocked Romney’s statement: “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because…the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

Hillary Clinton got in on the action, saying it was “somewhat dated” to be worried about Russia.

Vice President Joe Biden suggested Romney’s assertion might’ve been either a slip of the tongue, or an indication that he belongs to “a small group of Cold War holdovers.”

Secretary of State John Kerry suggested during the 2012 Democratic National Convention the former Massachusetts governor’s understanding of Russian relations was gleaned from Cold-War era flicks.
“Mitt Romney talks like he’s only seen Russia by watching ‘Rocky IV,’” he said.

“He read about Reagan’s private, outside-the-CIA cabal of team-B zealots who were telling him that Russia had all the stuff they didn’t have so he could justify a giant defense budget,” Maddow said.
“I don’t know what decade this guy’s living in,” Matthews said. “Is he trying to play Ronald Reagan here, or what?”
thefederalist.com...

So I guess Romney was right and every Democrat was as wrong as can possibly be, right?
edit on 6-1-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
deleted

edit on 1/6/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

"Misled" is NOT the same as lying. The US Intel Community doesn't have to be transparent or run their secret programs by the American people or gain their approval. See the Patriot Act.

I don't like it, but that's life in the USA!

Here is Rand using the word "lied" not mislead.

If information needed to be withheld due to national security that could have be spoken stated in place of a lie. Lying under oath is lying under oath anyway you cut it in my opinion. If the Patriot Act condones lying to Congress it needs revision.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, Rand Paul says that Clapper "lied" in the name of National Security. I think it's fair to say that intel agents are supposed to do that, expected to do that, when cornered and under pressure. I'm sure that's why he hasn't been prosecuted for perjury.

Clapper lied about secret projects that he didn't have the right to talk about. It would have been "illegal" for him to tell the truth under those circumstances, from what I understand. Snowden exposed those secret projects illegally, because of his conscience, apparently.

What do they call it? High intrigue?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right, didn't I post that same article earlier in this thread? I was trying to prove my point that Congress has been worked up about Russia since at least a decade ago. They called for sanctions when Russia interfered with the Nuclear agreement talks with Iran, again when Russia invaded Crimea and then this most recent with the DNC hacks.

According to Paul Ryan, Obama's "diplomatic" attempts with Putin have been failed policy attempts since Obama's day 1!

So, we can expect, rather than a call to soften our relationship with Russia, as Trump would like, Congress to call for stiffer sanctions in 2017.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Altering the relationship is fine as long as it is done wisely, understanding what Russia is, and changing our attitude as they change theirs.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

With that being said, I think the heads of National Security Agencies never should appear before Congress if lying is accepted.

They lose their credibility which is the point Paul was making. Perhaps it would be more beneficial to toss the Patriot Act in a garbage can and light it on fire. I think Dr. Paul would agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

They lose their credibility which is the point Paul was making. Perhaps it would be more beneficial to toss the Patriot Act in a garbage can and light it on fire. I think Dr. Paul would agree.

Here! Here!

There should be a special plea for "spies", when called to testify before laymen on special secret projects, that signals anything they say can be expected to be a lie.

"I'd just like to preface my answer with "code 54". Now what was the question again?"

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from Google-Linked Firm

CrowdStrike, the third-party company relied upon by the FBI to make its assessment about alleged Russian hacking into the Democratic National Committee (DNC), was financed to the tune of $100 million from a funding drive last year led by Google Capital.Google Capital, which now goes by the name of CapitalG, is an arm of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company. Eric Schmidt, the chairman of Alphabet, has been a staunch and active supporter of Hillary Clinton and is a longtime donor to the Democratic Party.

Now get this:

Schmidt was spotted at Clinton’s nixed election night party wearing a “staff” badge.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join