It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'Time for Republicans & Democrats to Get Together' on Health Care Plan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Pyle
No, sorry, the GOP had 6 years to work with the left on healthcare and instead spent it undermining the whole thing.

If it was a sincere invitation, I would encourage the Dems to help and put politics aside.
But CLEARLY the GOP knows they are screwed and need someone to blame when the # hits the fan...why not ask the Dems to help us with the new bill?

No, if the GOP invitation was sincere. The only thing the GOP wants to is kill it. They could GAS about a replacement, they just want people to *think* they care in order to get the leverage and support so they can kill it.

They don't want democrats' help (except as a means to repeal with false promises of something "Better"), they just want to either take credit if something does happen/pass or denounce it if doesn't pass or if it doesn't work. The whole healthcare debate for the past 15+ years has been the same.

It's nothing more than a political charade and people are addicted.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

People enrolled in Obamacare because of the individual mandate. The largest percentage of subsidized enrollees are those eligible for tax credits, but HCTC existed pre Obamacare. Electorate chose trump to repeal Obamacare because of high costs. Post Obamacare subsidies include cash assistance and Medicaid expansion. You believe red states voted for repeal in ignorance. I believe they voted to lower costs to pre effective date range. We can't know why, but income does correlate to societial utility so we can assume higher earning GOP are less ignorant than post Obamacare subsidized enrollees.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Republican Party has made themselves into such an outlier, a faction, that there is nothing on which to compromise with a health payment system. The Republican Party quit functioning as a traditional American political party eight years ago, leaving the Democratic Party no option except to act as a party of opposition this time around. There is nothing to compel American parties to compromise or form coalitions.

If the Rep Party had truly wanted to "fix" Obamacare, they had a chance the last two administrations, but they did not. To do what they had wanted to do with Obamacare, do away with mandate and buy across state lines, would do nothing to improve the payment system or health care costs. There is nothing the Dems can support.

Meanwhile, the GOP now has a leader, Ryan, and more Koch believers in Congress, who want an entirely different system of insurance payments and giveaways to the insurance industry and financial industry (tax dollar vouchers and HSAs), along with dumping the system onto the states. Again, nothing for the Dems to support.

Trump, once again, is clueless about politics, government, and governing.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTodayWe can't know why, but income does correlate to societial utility so we can assume higher earning GOP are less ignorant than post Obamacare subsidized enrollees.

No it doesn't. Your paycheck is literally a game, it's nothing more than a test of negotiating skill. Two people can have the same skillset, working at the same company. One brings in $120k the other brings in $50k for the same labor. It happens all the time.

Another example, income is dependent on the CoL in an area, rural towns are well known for paying much less. Does that mean someone living in a city automatically provides a higher utility to society?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I should hope Trump expects democrats to work with him on this new Trumpcare inasmuch as republicans worked with Obama on Obamacare.

The GOP didn't work with Obama or the Dems on Obamacare...not one of them voted for it.

They were totally against any cheap health insurance.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Brilliant post!

Its too good for ATS

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh, Will, I blush. Thank You. Nothing is too good for ATS

Like others, I enjoy making contributions from a wealth of observations and personal interests and studies, gleaned over a lifetime. Whatever seeds I can sow, I sow. And I enjoy reading the posts of others who likewise post from their knowledge base and passion.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

The thing is your post outlined reality succinctly

Unfortunately this place is averse to truth, on the most part, imo.

I take a jab at ATS once in a while because of the right-wing cabal who don’t give a dam about human beings

they have a right to be of course and I have a right to call them what they are

and if they want to debate

bring it on but hey always lose cause the have no cause

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: NotTodayWe can't know why, but income does correlate to societial utility so we can assume higher earning GOP are less ignorant than post Obamacare subsidized enrollees.

No it doesn't. Your paycheck is literally a game, it's nothing more than a test of negotiating skill. Two people can have the same skillset, working at the same company. One brings in $120k the other brings in $50k for the same labor. It happens all the time.

Another example, income is dependent on the CoL in an area, rural towns are well known for paying much less. Does that mean someone living in a city automatically provides a higher utility to society?

Of course it's not a one to one comparison but it applies to macro and that's an economic law. Another is for each additional dollar earned that person is less likely to vote democrat which really juxtaposes the GOP rural democrat urban divide.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That's not happening without bipartisan support.

Why not? It was passed without a single Republican or Independent "Aye" vote

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually, the Senate passed the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" with two Independent "Yea" votes, Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I take a jab at ATS once in a while because of the right-wing cabal who don’t give a dam about human beings

You can call me a right-winger . And I do give a reservoir about human beings . Thats why I am so freakin dead set against Pelosi Care.I lived the atrocity of the ACA and I never want to see another human being suffer under this travesty of a piece of crap legislation . Ever

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

what cheap health insurance?

The only reason my sisters kids got the help they needed this last year was my father paid for the deductible because she could not afford to.

many people have the same problem... cheap if you have even a middle paying job health insurance isnt.

The only people it seems to be cheap for are the dirt poor, everyone else gets shafted.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotToday
Of course it's not a one to one comparison but it applies to macro and that's an economic law.

No it doesn't. The job with the highest societal worth are plumbers, followed closely by pipefitters. Both pale in comparison to the compensation CEO's and lawyers receive. Many jobs such as multiple computer science fields are focused on the idea of removing jobs, having outright negative societal worth by removing peoples mechanisms to support themselves, yet those are also good paying jobs.

Another is for each additional dollar earned that person is less likely to vote democrat which really juxtaposes the GOP rural democrat urban divide.

That's a myth. Numerous poor rural states like Mississippi and Louisiana vote Republican while numerous wealthy urban states like New Jersey and New Hampshire vote Democrat.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You can call me a right-winger . And I do give a reservoir about human beings . Thats why I am so freakin dead set against Pelosi Care.I lived the atrocity of the ACA and I never want to see another human being suffer under this travesty of a piece of crap legislation . Ever

The concept of universal health care is a positive morally needed program.

IF the GOP really wanted that IT WOULD HAPPEN!

So knock off the bs

The dems aren’t perfect but at least their in on the concept the GOP ARE NOT

And that is a disgrace!

Unity is when both sides want to compromise honestly and make a viable and affordable program not skirt the issue and just harp on it

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Then get the GOP to want to have cheap universal health insurance not just try to destroy the concept out of dogma

Here at least the dems tried and got millions of people help whereas all the GOP wanted to do was harp on what the dems could hardly even get through congress.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Unity is when both sides want to compromise honestly and make a viable and affordable program not skirt the issue and just harp on it

"Unity" on this issue is probably just as improbable today as it was in 2009/2010 when the Affordable Care Act was being crafted. Let the Republicans own whatever the spinning bottle points to this time around.

Until medical providers stop charging so much, taxpayers will continue pay for our insanely expensive healthcare treatments..one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

Then get the GOP to want to have cheap universal health insurance not just try to destroy the concept out of dogma

Here at least the dems tried and got millions of people help whereas all the GOP wanted to do was harp on what the dems could hardly even get through congress.

What I wanted was the Sodding President to take the lead when the ACA was built... instead he gave it to pelosi and Reid and they in turn gave it to the special interest.. which lead to insane price increases we see now.

But sure blame the GOP for Democrat failures... it is about the only thing the Dems are good at.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That’s the system of allowable greed and corruption this country allows the elite to bask in. Here it is to the drug industry, insurance industry, and the health care industry

They are sacrosanct. They have to get their greed satiated and the hell with the people. This country is a great big whore house.

Even the Europeans are sane enough to give their own people universal health care BUT THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY CAN'T AFFORD IT OR WON'T DO IT BECAUSE THOSE SACROSANCT INDUSTRIES MUST BE SATIFIED FIRST AND FORMOST

That's the reality. Those congressmen and senators work for them.

It's a system of corruption and bribery

edit on 5-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The concept of universal health care is a positive morally needed program.

IF the GOP really wanted that IT WOULD HAPPEN!

So knock off the bs

The dems aren’t perfect but at least their in on the concept the GOP ARE NOT

And that is a disgrace!

A revamp of the Health Care System -yes
The ACA was set up only for Obama to have a legacy.
Doesnt help ANYONE. And now , with the cost of policies increasing as much as 400% , who does it help ? A person will be paying a fortune for sub-par policies. Most of that money finds its way to the government

Now , who needs to stop the buillsh** rhetoric ?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join