It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect love drives out fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
While doing research in the human mind, one of my mentors gave me a bible quote; "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love." Love comes from God. 1 John 4:18

A person with sharp senses and a metaphysical concept of the sixth sense, will most likely find answers due to his character, will and determination..
But could the answers be more than what people are willing to hear, i know from my own experience, people rarely take honesty in a good mood,
in fact its most often met with violence.

Animals adapt to their surrounding, things have an intent not a value. When trying to understand what goes around in a mind closer to the African savanna, im gonna say;" No one knows what anyone else is thinking, we are full of assumptions and opinions based on our subjective reality ". The animal changes most likely into something else, its part of the pre-programmed survival nature gave us.

Our selective memories places the good times first and the bad memories goes into subconscious, its a simple thing called brain sex, dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and endorphines. Its about what you think, not how you feel, cause we do feel a lot as humans.

Could an ordinary human, change the world? Im doubtful about that, she/he could change his closest surroundings to fit his own needs, feeling good,but isnt that what truly matters for most? You see, the thirty third stair on the staircase, is only meant for those born with a sixth sense..

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Could you clarify for me, what is perfect love?

I would have to say that apart from "the love of god" there is no such thing as a love that drives out fear. You'll always be afraid of doing something that would sully it, or make you appear as something else to the other person. If it does exist it can only come from a higher power one that isn't caught up in all the other facets of human emotion.

Edit: I looked up the passage and that's exactly what's being spoken about. For "Perfect Love" to exist you would need to remain eternaly innocent. Innocent of the world, it's vices and the constant attempts to force it's will/narrative upon you. I believe I found that perfect love once, then the world stripped me of it, telling me that I wasn't innocent that I was flawed. I don't think you truly know of what you're speaking when you ask such questions.

As an aside, perfect love doesn't change the world, it changes your world!

Dead Elf
edit on 5-1-2017 by DeadElf because: reference

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadElf

I have no idea, i hoped someone could explain it for me..

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What a beautiful verse and just the thread I needed to see after somebody else on another thread just threatened me with the curse of their Christian god. If you are a Christian, I am happy you are a Christian with spiritual priorities in the proper places; with love at the top.

Perfect love and perfect trust drives out all fear. 100%

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Christians can't threaten you with a curse. God has free will and agency, they know that the only way to do such a thing would be to make a deal with Satan, which is hardly christian.

Dead Elf

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You are mostly right!

originally posted by: tikbalang

Could an ordinary human, change the world?

Even an extraordinary man could not change the world. Unless he has an army to do his bidding.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There is nothing perfect in this world.

Bible stories can be beautiful but so unrealistic-2000 years ago and pretty unscientific.

If you are looking for perfection, especially in the real world, you will be very disappointed. People are not perfect; by the way, neither is the bible "God"-you would know that if you read the Bible.

Don't mean to be a downer-just don't want you grasping for something that does not exist-unless you live in a fairy tale.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadElf

I once heard a song, Ohio Players - Only A Child Can Love

Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. Love One Another. 1 John 3:18

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I'm not a fan of Bible either.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Blade Runner - Final scene, "Tears in Rain" Monologue

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I think that the Gospel does address and unwind the effects of the fall in Genesis .I say unwind but reversing might be a better way of looking at it .Adam and Eve hid from God ..Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So as we may not be perfect we enter into being perfected . 1Co 13:4 Love is always patient; love is always kind; love is never envious or arrogant with pride. Nor is she conceited,
1Co 13:5 and she is never rude; she never thinks just of herself or ever gets annoyed. She never is resentful;
1Co 13:6 is never glad with sin; she's always glad to side with truth, and pleased that truth will win.
1Co 13:7 She bears up under everything; believes the best in all; there is no limit to her hope, and never will she fall.

If I only had the first part of what Paul wrote on love I would be a very sad camper but he finishes off with 1Co 13:8 Love never fails. Now if there are prophecies, they will be done away with. If there are languages, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will be done away with.
1Co 13:9 For what we know is incomplete and what we prophesy is incomplete.
1Co 13:10 But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways.
1Co 13:12 Now we see only an indistinct image in a mirror, but then we will be face to face. Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1Co 13:13 Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

As the believer enters into this love they are on the road to being perfected in love .When the believer enters into eternity they no longer use faith and hope because their love will be perfect by realizing face to face with the hope they had through their faith .

Ephesians puts it thus ..Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah! He has blessed us in the Messiah with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm,
Eph 1:4 just as he chose us in the Messiah before the creation of the universe to be holy and blameless in his presence. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption to himself through Jesus the Messiah, according to the pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:6 so that we would praise his glorious grace that he gave us in the Beloved One.
Eph 1:7 In union with him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our offenses, according to the riches of God's grace
Eph 1:8 that he lavished on us, along with all wisdom and understanding,
Eph 1:9 when he made known to us the secret of his will. This was according to his plan that he set forth in the Messiah
Eph 1:10 to usher in the fullness of the times and to bring together in the Messiah all things in heaven and on earth.

The new testament has more to do with Gods plan of reversing what happened in the garden while dealing with the fallen angels and the effects that had on man ,In the new all things go towards Gods plan A .God and man walking and talking in a family of perfect love . Micheal Heiser has a good lecture on Reversing Hermon that is very telling as he gets into not only the Bible but also the surrounding nations and what they thought and taught . The correlation to the differing points are quite telling .well worth the time for those interested

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think you have to summarize this for me, I'm more of a comic book guy

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I think it's called proselytizing.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I loved "Blade Runner" but forgot about the creepiness.

new topics

top topics

join