It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Just Announced Plan to Sue CNN for Defamation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Major drama unfolding about Wikileaks threatening to sue CNN for defamation !!

All about some CNN comments about Assange being a pdeophile !!

This should get real good real soon.

See some of the Twitter exchanges in the story ........

WikiLeaks Just Announced Plan to Sue CNN for Defamation

Moments ago, Wikileaks tweeted that as a result of a segment airing on CNN, the whistleblowing organization announced it has “issued instructions to sue CNN for defamation.”

Wikileaks was referring to a segment in which CNN had the ex-Deputy-Director of the CIA “falsely calling Assange a ‘pedophile.’

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I had heard rumors of this.

Would be funny if WikiLeaks put CNN out of business. I'm gonna have to look up the outcome of Hulk Hogans vengeance on that other Fake News agency.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I had heard rumors of this.

Would be funny if WikiLeaks put CNN out of business. I'm gonna have to look up the outcome of Hulk Hogans vengeance on that other Fake News agency.

Part of the settlement could be to give Assange a primetime show live !!!

Can't imagine what they would name the show.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Can't imagine what they would name the show.

"better secure those servers" - with your host Julian Assange. tonight at 10 on CNN.

but Assange has a few things to sort out before he can even file lawsuits....
edit on 4-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Time and time again one certain side accuses the other of what it does itself,accusing Assange of being a pedophile by these morons is about the same as playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver- the next info dump could be BIBLICAL.
edit on 5-1-2017 by khnum because: expand

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN is already dying a slow and painful death. Assange is just putting them out of their misery.

It's like an assisted suicide.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21717961]xuenchen[/

The Liberal Media is Keen on Labeling anyone they Consider Not one of their Own Idealogy , a Pedophile . The American Public Needs to Start Boycotting these Media Outlets that Resort to Defamation without Proof or Cause . They All need to be Put Out of Business by Drying Up their Ability to make Money off their FAKE NEWS , and Forcing them Into Bankruptcy .
edit on 5-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Its time he dumped the lot on CIA sex trafficking/slavery,childhood trafficking to the Saudi's and elsewhere,Dyncorp the whole nine yards its time to totally discredit certain organisations

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

CNN is already dying a slow and painful death. Assange is just putting them out of their misery.

It's like an assisted suicide.

I love that!
Julian Assange is like a Jack Kevorkian for any corrupt government or official, offering assistance in political suicide by exposing their sins for all the world to see and thus begin a new life! (In their next life wherever that may be)..

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

THIS IS GREAT NEWS, because not enough people are properly boycotting products advertised on CNN to make a big dent in its revenue stream.

Does Wiki-leaks have a petition and fund-raising website? I will GLADLY and EARNESTLY generate signatures and cash if this would help ramp up this lawsuit to the point of bankrupting CNN. I don't care if Julian Assange is the devil himself, CNN is even worse.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Good for Julian.. MSM outlets need to be held responsible for the things they say as being fact...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21717961]xuenchen[/post
Music to my ears.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Then why bother posting? Did you add anything to the conversation?

You could have said something like just more fake news from CNN. You should be so proud of your liberal media!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They will pass a law declare him an enemy of the state and relegate him to a kangaroo military court I think it would be far better for him to release the kraken of what he has on this topic

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You can sue a tabloid for defamation? So Oprah really is an alien. Hmm

edit on 5-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Why do we call it a kangaroo court? Did we learn it from marsupials?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The meaning is that its a sham bogus court with the pretence of legitimacy its origins are actually American not Australian but theres no specific story theres a few.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Would counsel caution here.

It may be a means of deflecting and then burying concern about Assange even being alive.

Many good but naive people, associate Wikileaks with Julian Assange. Therefore; if Wikileaks is doing 'x' then perception reads this as Julian Assange is doing 'x.' so therefore he must be alive.

Note also that no organizations ever sue Wikileaks, yet they accuse them of spying, selling secrets and so on.

edit on 5-1-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Assange may wind up having to take a number and waiting in line.....a long line

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join