It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Secret Power (or Illusion) of Celebrity and Fame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I've been in the "biz" since 06 when I got taft-hartleyd into the Screen Actors Guild. From my low level perch on the bottom rung of wanna be stardom; all I can see is greed, money, sex, drugs, rampant egos and more money as the driving force of the industry. Perhaps there is a conspiracy of culture manipulation but all is see is gut wrenching, soul killing competition for for the obscene amount of money available. Everyone I know from lowly PAs to upper level above the line producers, all have that "pie in the sky" project and chasing money to get it made. Perhaps in the chrome and glass offices in LA and Madison Ave. there are demons with an agenda, IDK...above my pay grade but eventually I hope to get my chance to "sell out" for the big money and fame but for now I'd be satisfied with enough money to get a new set of tires for my pick up.

“The business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.....HST

Awesome post,

Experience and facts always tend to sway my opinion.

Keep up the good work on the inside,

I sense your tyre issue will sort its self out, the ATS "hive mind" is an amazing thing you know?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
On a lighter note...

Maybe they're just way off base and don't really know what they hell they are doing or why, if they ever did.

That's another distinct possibility ie: that it's not so well orchestrated this particular conspiracy but just oozes ugliness and everything that's repulsive to the self-actualized and self-realized human being.

Terrance McKenna described it as trying to suck out non-existent marrow from the dead bones of a dead civilization.

And if you do manage to take in a small morsel, it's more likely to make you puke than provide any real nourishment to the heart and soul.

We are all like the Prodigal son far afield from home eating from a gold colored pig trough, and then maybe at long last finally coming to our senses and then setting off homeward bound even if only to be a humble servant in the good kingdom where there's food, and to spare.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dinnedwiththedevil
It's a system, a method, a way, a desire, a point of control, a network, a way of being, but what if it's entirely vacuous? What if it's all fluff no substance?

What then?

Then it falls easier!

with the continued effort on posts like this (always very good work BTW) it is clear its already beginning you have the answers its how to apply them.

By simply posting the question it's already beginning to be distinguished and in the process, lose some of it's magic and ability to hold attention.

Later on I'll make a post about the nature of glory and what I think they're up to or trying to capture by capturing the limelight, and how that might operate, systemically as part of a collaborative network of scumbags and wannabes, no matter how rich or famous or "powerful" they might become or think they have become.

Fame is fickle though I think. It comes and goes and what's relevant today, is already yesterday by tomorrow's standards.

That's what I'm really interested in, is that demarcation point of differentiation in the mind's eye, about what's really relevant and what isn't and what's worthy of our attention and what is not, even what's funny and what isn't funny any more.

All we have to do really is to recognize it for what it is and represents, laugh at it, and then proceed to come to power while giving these people and ways of operating, the boot.

I think it's (their) days are numbered.. if only because of the level of hypocrisy and absurdity involved, and the characters themselves who are involved and what they're really "up to".

edit on 4-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Dinnedwiththedevil
It's a system, a method, a way, a desire, a point of control, a network, a way of being, but what if it's entirely vacuous? What if it's all fluff no substance?

What then?

Then it falls easier!

with the continued effort on posts like this (always very good work BTW) it is clear its already beginning you have the answers its how to apply them.

By simply posting the question it's already beginning to be distinguished and in the process, lose some of it's magic and ability to hold attention.

Later on I'll make a post about the nature of glory and what I think they're up to or trying to capture by capturing the limelight, and how that might operate, systemically as part of a collaborative network of scumbags and wannabes, no matter how rich or famous or "powerful" they might become or think they have become.

Fame is fickle though I think. It comes and goes and what's relevant today, is already yesterday by tomorrow's standards.

That's what I'm really interested in, is that demarcation point of differentiation in the mind's eye, about what's really relevant and what isn't and what's worthy of our attention and what is not, even what's funny and what isn't funny any more.

All we have to do really is to recognize it for what it is and represents, laugh at it, and then proceed to come to power while giving these people and ways of operating, the boot.

I think it's (their) days are numbered.. if only because of the level of hypocrisy and absurdity involved, and the characters themselves who are involved and what they're really "up to".

I have said by default human beings are out for number one. I do not mean that all humans are completely loveless, nasty, erroneous or uncaring it is that faced with a one on one situation. Me Vs You in an unsharable situation whereby one of us has to die, then unless your a hero who would sacrifice himself I would revert to my default in order to stay alive.

Now said humans also have the ability to be controlled more than ever by possessions (more devil work) money (root of all evil) and Power. All forms of entertainment are either rigged or scripted like in the case of sport.
I hate to say it but all sport is set up like wrestling, its designed to be exciting and keep us all talking about the same crap. "So and so is on £600,000 per week for kicking a ball" why cant we talk about Professor ? from the Royal Marsden that has dedicated his life to help cure people and probably does not earn 2 months wages of the famous footballer (soccer BTW sorry) in his life time? Because entertainment is what keeps the masses controlled. The problem is they are running out of ideas. Years ago seeing a pretty lady on the TV (Fully dressed non sexy clothing) was enough, over the years we have had to have more and more revelations to where now its all about Boobs ,bums and A sexuals fisting each other on reality TV. Its not getting better or going to! we are forced with a look of Barbie dolls and ladymen. All fake, which gives kids a bad time having to look up to said celebrities.
There is no way its all because they are on something like drugs, They have all been fiddled with for cash its simple as that. Either physically or spiritually either way they sold out. Once they try to leave stories emerge of them being Mental, Child abusers, wife beaters etc etc so once your in the circle you are highly unlikely to ever get out, Yes its a fickle industry the entertainment one but I don't think its as easy to leave the lime light and it has broken many good Souls over the years.

Its all about brainwashing us and controlling us and the deeper you dig the worse it gets like all this worldly stuff. I sometimes wish I had stayed ignorant to all of this like some of my friends (sheep) they seem to have no issue with how the world works and love their beer by the TV while stroking egos on Facebook. I often think I am the odd one

Amazing post BTW plenty of food for thought I have not really got started on this topic.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dinnedwiththedevil

Do you think it might be possible for influential performing artists to "live in the limelight" while at the same time busting out of the guilded cage?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Godlessness

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Godlessness

And even worse.

But that's what it's celebrating I guess, isn't it.

I think it also seeks to dumb everyone down in a mass appeal to the lowest possible common denominator and that's how to get ratings, but ratings, they are going downnnnnnn..... down down down they go.

Hey maybe they should bring back traditional values, even only to forestall their plummet into the abyss.

edit on 5-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: Dinnedwiththedevil

Do you think it might be possible for influential performing artists to "live in the limelight" while at the same time busting out of the guilded cage?

No I do not think its possible, I think even the Various indy groups that swear non allegiance to that type are brainwashed also, Nirvanna, Placebo and the likes No one is safe once your soul has been shared with someone else. You will never be allowed to be the same person.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

because its fitting...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

because its fitting...

[/

This too.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It seems to be another symptom of the fall of our western civilization, like the "bread and circus" idea of the ancient Romans. Just keep us distracted by the spectacle of the most basic and common denominators like sex and violence.

Before the rise of any civilization people are preoccupied with survival. Once a level of security and comfort is attained, then people have the time to give toward other pursuits like philosophy and the arts. Once the civilization has peaked and things start to head down the other side, distractions are needed so the growing problems are ignored. No one wants to confront the fact that their way of life is headed down the crapper, so they engage with the circus presented to take their minds away from the coming train wreak.

Once we head down that road we become desensitized and need ever greater and more base spectacles to distract us. Scary stories become horror movies then slasher movies until we need "reality" type snuff films ("Faces of Death" comes to mind) to evoke the shock reaction that keeps our attention away from the real world. Thus the bar keeps getting lowered until the civilization has gone completely under.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Am dubious of the Illuminati but the casting couch is definitely real and once you've gone down that road it's not a long way until you're being passed around at parties by powerful people. After that I think it's the guilt, shame, not being able to be a regular person anymore, the lack of any real connection to others and realisation that the material rewards weren't worth the price that makes celebrities go nuts.

Fame is an isolating, lonely and maddening thing and having seen its effect on people firsthand I would never want any part of it.

There used to be a record shop in Soho called Deal Real where all the London rappers went on Friday nights: Amy Winehouse used to come and get on the open mic and because she wasn't a rapper she instantly stood out, she was insanely talented and was just a genuinely kind and decent human being that got on with everybody. Then she got signed and the gigs started getting bigger, the people turning up with her were different and ensured she was kept at a distance, people I knew loosely were lining up like vultures to sell her coke to get a piece of the advance and hang out with her... everybody knows where it went after that. The Illuminati didn't do it; unscrupulous scumbags and her own naivety did. The label didn't care because as long as she was making money for them the free publicity was driving interest so she was left to exist in this weird fake bubble where everyone was out to get something for themselves. I think that's much worse than some hidden hand controlling it all...that regular people are so enamoured with the concept of being close to fame that they'll latch on to any talent and creativity they can find to use as a mealticket and feed off it until there's nothing left, simply because they don't know any other way to do something meaningful with their lives.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
It seems to be another symptom of the fall of our western civilization, like the "bread and circus" idea of the ancient Romans. Just keep us distracted by the spectacle of the most basic and common denominators like sex and violence.

Before the rise of any civilization people are preoccupied with survival. Once a level of security and comfort is attained, then people have the time to give toward other pursuits like philosophy and the arts. Once the civilization has peaked and things start to head down the other side, distractions are needed so the growing problems are ignored. No one wants to confront the fact that their way of life is headed down the crapper, so they engage with the circus presented to take their minds away from the coming train wreak.

Once we head down that road we become desensitized and need ever greater and more base spectacles to distract us. Scary stories become horror movies then slasher movies until we need "reality" type snuff films ("Faces of Death" comes to mind) to evoke the shock reaction that keeps our attention away from the real world. Thus the bar keeps getting lowered until the civilization has gone completely under.

Great analysis. Thank you.

Let's hope we all start to rise where perhaps it could be said that hell has no bottom.

It's time to smarten up, individually and collectively and get back to a certain quintessential something that was lost, but that isn't unrecoverable.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

because its fitting...

And the only thing you'll ever hear, over and over again, if you get stuck in it.

Good song the first time, and hopefully one time only, though. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join