It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Secret Power (or Illusion) of Celebrity and Fame?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There are a lot of testimonials coming out of Celebrity culture regarding the "Illuminati" or "luciferianism" or "satanism" whereby rising stars are confronted with a choice at a certain stage in their career, where they are invited to essentially sell their soul and "sell out" (what, precisely does that mean?) in exchange for continued fame and fortune, but I've always wondered and pondered over precisely what is the nature and source of the "power" involved? Is it real and authentic power, and if so, why? and if not, why not? This is the fundamental question really, which I believe has to something to do with two primary things, relevancy and attention, and a third thing, collectivism or the "massman" as if the people, people like you and me, are not individuals at all, but which could be likened more to some sort of herd mentality, may it's days be numbered.

People like Edward Bernays appears to have in many ways Pioneered the whole idea of mass consumption of culture via what he called "Public Relations" (it's really just propaganda) and thus in the marriage of mass media, whether advertising, music, movies and "icons" with the "relevant political establishment" (to borrow a line from mythmaker Philip Zelikow of 9/11 fame, both before, and after), we see Hollywood, Madison Avenue, the MSM and Washington collaborating to, in effect, brainwash the masses.

The "tube" became a one-horned purple people eater (a nickname that I also give to George Soros btw)

But my question is this:

How does it all work, precisely?

But stop, before just offering a kneejerk reaction or opinion, or quip about the "system" as if spitting to the side to accentuate the point (unless you do it really well..!), I would like for us, if such a thing were possible, to somehow get to the root and source of the underlying hidden nature of this "power" or this "magic" recognizing that the wood which formed the Druidic sorcerer's magic wand, was made of Holly.

What happens when they capture our attention and some of our day to day experience and inner activity, is there an energy exchange of some kind, or a spiritual dimension involved?

edit on 4-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
When things like this are differentiated very clearly and distinctly and isolated and analyzed, then I am convinced that they lose both their power and relevancy.

To alter the frame of reference (as needed), first we need to understand it in it's every facet, perhaps even better than the "enemy" who makes use of it. If there's a battle of some kind to be waged or a war to be fought within this whole domain, then we must know our enemy and ourselves and the lay of the land and then we will win every time (according to Sun Tzu).

This is why I am asking for your help and for the wisdom of my fellow members at ATS.

What do you know about this "magic"?

I'd be very interested to know.

I have a few ideas which I'll share but first I really wanted to hear your own and whether you feel there's an enemy of any kind or any sort of culture war or info war that must be won by the little man regarding what's relevant and upon what we choose to place the focal point of our attention, each as individuals, and at some level, collectively, but much moreso as individuals.

I feel that it's a false light when considering the true nature of the light of liberty.

And it seems to eat them alive, many of them, so something's not right either there in Hollywood, LA, or in Washington DC.

If there's a beast in there of some kind and not just a bunch of crooked people, then I'd like to better understand it, and in so doing shed good light on what could be a form of evil in the idolatry of Babylon (where painted eyes and flashy jewelry corrupted them).

Your thoughts?

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think they're glory hogs.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Lyric from "Go To Sleep" "Little Man Being Erased" by Radio Head
From the Album, "Hail to the Thief"

"We don't really want a monster taking over. Tip-toe 'round, tie him down."
"We don't want the loonies taking over. Tip-toe 'round, tie him down."

edit on 4-1-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
But the puppet masters, they're down right evil, I strongly suspect.

This is not good for our culture, or our society or for the very course and cause of civilization and thus the world.

Maybe it's time for Babylon to thrice fall.

What do I mean, aside from the Revelations reference?

It's a system, a method, a way, a desire, a point of control, a network, a way of being, but what if it's entirely vacuous? What if it's all fluff no substance?

What then?

I think there's a lot of comedic material available in considering this very carefully and deeply. Heck a person could end up getting famous just talking about the fall of modern civilization and "culture", and then you run into Satanists, and if you don't tow the line they kill you, or if you star falls, kill you, or mess with you so badly just by being out there in "the system" that you'll kill yourself just to escape their guilded cage!

It's crazy.

There's something quite insane at the heart of it, but I'm just having trouble putting my finger on it with precision and thus the thread (I hope someone participates!).

Best,

Ankh

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Lyric from "Go To Sleep" "Little Man Being Erased" by Radio Head
From the Album, "Hail to the Thief"

"We don't really want a monster taking over. Tip-toe 'round, tie him down."
"We don't want the loonies taking over. Tip-toe 'round, tie him down."

Ha HA!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

And thank you for such a thoughtful post. Nail, head, bingg.

Edit/P.S.: Your avatar would have looked awesome at Christmas, with a nose and decorated trees. Almost frightening yet so Christmassy.. (maybe an idea for next year).

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think that album and song were a particularly good response to your thread. May I add this one from Sound Garden from the album "Super Unknown".

Lyric from "Half"

"Half a chance- Half a chance. We still have a chance."

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You don't help someone get the eyes and ears of millions of people without some way to reign them in if they get out of control and start saying the wrong thing to too many people.

Kanye ended up in a mental hospital tied to a bed for going off script and running his mouth to his millions of followers.

link

I can't find the full video of his big rant on stage. I watched it though. I always thought he was a self centered piece of snip but that stage episode was the realist snip I ever heard come out of his mouth, and the tied him up to a bed for it. The article above does not even come close to reflecting what the motivation behind his speach was.

If anyone has or can find the video of that last concert he did where he made that speach I would love to see it again. Please post it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Ah but there are no half measures about it, that's the funny thing.

The truth is always all or nothing, so if we ever had even half a chance, we'd have the whole thing by extension.

The foil is needed for a mirror and for comedic material to last us for countless centuries.

The 20th and the early part of the 21st century, both very sad and very funny.

And somehow this whole Hollywood, MSM, fame and fortune and it's back and forth influences in Washington and New York, it represents the worst of it, not the best of the counter-cultural revolution of the 1960's.

I don't really think that those stone-faced people know the first thing about culture or what's happening with the people. The Hillary Clinton campaign was the PERFECT example of that blindness.

Why did that never get reported, how utterly terrible to lose to Donald Trump with close to 2 billion dollars..? How did that happen.

It was the most unexpected outcome most people couldn't even imagine, then it happened and then, what, Clinton's campaign just continued...?

In that regard they've totally lost the narrative.

I'm here to explore what's really happening, and I'm convinced that they are living in la la land while perhaps listening to Alex Jones and reading ATS!

Hearts and minds are changing.

What what was that HOLD that they had over us all - I'd like to deconstruct it and perform a proper post-mortem, if only to make damn sure that if it falls into the abyss, that it doesn't just climb right back out again, ya know?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Interesting premise, is it possible that the individuals that desire fame and fortune are just more willing to figuratively "sell their soul" to attain their goals? When powerful people offer you money, power and fame and you merely have to co-operate and live the lie they construct it leads to pretty severe mental dissonance.

I always come back to the conspiracy theory that Bob Dylan was merely the front man for the 1960's. The story goes that Dylan was playing a small Greenwich Village dive and really had no original music of his own. There was a record producer who happened to be in the audience and realized Bob would be the perfect spokesman for the introduction of the Counter Culture which the American Intelligence Agencies were engineering. Dylan was signed and they had Leonard Cohen write his songs....the rest is history.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Kanye had a crib for a bed all tied up at Christmas.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

IMHO, I believe that mass hypnosis, or a form thereof, first reared its ugly head on 30 October 1938 with the seemingly innocent broadcast of H.G. Wells "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells. The broadcast certainly wasn't used to bring about the results that it indeed did, but the US government certainly became aware of mass hypnosis, emphatic use of language to make people believe what was being told and the government furthered the experiment with Movietone News during Saturday dime matinees.

How I wish I were a time traveler, sometimes...

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(radio_drama)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've been in the "biz" since 06 when I got taft-hartleyd into the Screen Actors Guild. From my low level perch on the bottom rung of wanna be stardom; all I can see is greed, money, sex, drugs, rampant egos and more money as the driving force of the industry. Perhaps there is a conspiracy of culture manipulation but all is see is gut wrenching, soul killing competition for for the obscene amount of money available. Everyone I know from lowly PAs to upper level above the line producers, all have that "pie in the sky" project and chasing money to get it made. Perhaps in the chrome and glass offices in LA and Madison Ave. there are demons with an agenda, IDK...above my pay grade but eventually I hope to get my chance to "sell out" for the big money and fame but for now I'd be satisfied with enough money to get a new set of tires for my pick up.

“The business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.....HST
edit on 4-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

There was a record producer who happened to be in the audience and realized Bob would be the perfect spokesman for the introduction of the Counter Culture which the American Intelligence Agencies were engineering. Dylan was signed and they had Leonard Cohen write his songs....the rest is history.

Ha HA! I told you this was fundamentally funny; scary, and sad, but funny, in a dark humor sort of way.

And weren't the Hinckley's close friends with the Bush's.

I think they got into targeted mind-control operations, and I also think that they blew Kennedy's head off before the whole world, and that wasn't funny.

It was there, more than at any time, that American had such great promise.

It was like they hacked off a certain branch and grafted on another one, a much more sinister one.

Sorry to take the joy out of the humor, but if we aren't willing to plumb the depths and cut to the root of it all, then how are we to restore the Tree of Liberty, and recapture our good-natured humor and charm as we fly to the heights.

It must be mocked I think.

Strange to consider humor as a weapon..

Weaponized humor against the old establishment. More powerful than all the armies of the world put together.

And if in the end you took a "silver bullet" in the head for it, it wouldn't matter as long as the love train we all run and board isn't just delivering boxes of ice cold Coors Light.

You'll note how they hijacked it with, you guessed it, Celebrity Culture.

It's a good allegory though. I could steal it from them and reframe it..

Love is what's reasonable, and rational, and that contains in it's every facet, all the drive and initiative we could ever want, even on an individual basis in the space of absolute unfettered and unconstrained freedom and love.

I'm not longer buying what they're selling, and I won't sit and stare with my mouth hanging open when Katy Perry rides out into Half Time on a giant, mechanized, metal lion.

It's just not working anymore, whatever "magic" it might have once had, and that's FUNNY!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps in the chrome and glass offices in LA and Madison Ave. there are demons with an agenda, IDK...above my pay grade but eventually I hope to get my chance to "sell out" for the big money and fame but for now I'd be satisfied with enough money to get a new set of tires for my pick up.

As long as you still have your self-respect and integrity in relation to "it" and your priorities straight.

What kind of work would you be willing to take or what group of people, involved with?

Fame and fortune.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I know you probably meant it tongue in cheek, but I think you might have just let yourself down, and would throw yourself down at anyone's feet just to have your chance at the big time and that you would sell out in a heartbeat without a whole lot of gratitude for everything that you already have and are as a person. You're already a slave then if that's the case, no matter what your current circumstance. That's kind of sad, and potentially humorous, but only when you can get enough money together to pay me to make your laugh about it.. LOL or maybe you'll show us all by becoming a "star" then report back to us like some sort of spy or mole we could send in to do all the dirty work.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My advice to anyone dissatisfied with the stats quo of media, entertainment, in all it's combinations is to get up off your ass and join us in the ultimate rat race. Digital Media now is a kitchen table enterprise from youtube to feature movies, TV and gaming.

start here....

www.celtx.com...

If you have ever watched the series "Breaking Bad" you have seen olaru12. I have been in over 10 episodes of BB and 100 movies, usually westerns all shot around here in Tamalewood. All I know is, I love the film community, make a few bucks and have my 3rd screenplay out there...fingers crossed!

I certainly don't mind criticism. It's a constant we live with; everyone's a critic...bring it...
edit on 4-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Hollywood has come a long way since the days of the Studio system of creating stars and matinee idols...I think TPTB just took a short cut in the late 1960's and developed the MK Ultra method of control over their "stars".

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's a system, a method, a way, a desire, a point of control, a network, a way of being, but what if it's entirely vacuous? What if it's all fluff no substance?

What then?

Then it falls easier!

with the continued effort on posts like this (always very good work BTW) it is clear its already beginning you have the answers its how to apply them.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

I think TPTB just took a short cut in the late 1960's and developed the MK Ultra method of control over their "stars".

That's a disturbing thought.

Marilyn Monroe

Then they hang them out to dry upside down as underworld royalty - or so it's been said about her and JFK from an Occult, Satanic POV. In other words, there was a ritual involved in those two murders.

Pure evil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join