It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola, ABA Accused of Tobacco-Like Deception in Lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The issue is that sugar is in catsup, and I have a sneaking suspicion that a major part of the American public are not like you and I.
I think there may be a mild case of "if they sell it in the store, it's safe".

And a lot of people are not familiar with the glyvcemic index or glycemic load, or fibers role in sugar/carb absorption.

And this lawsuit would change that?

That was a rhetorical question.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And loud, and cool, and sexy and your a nerd. I think that if we knew all the psychological tricks being used we would shut that mother down.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm a geek, nerds don't know they are nerds.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Of course that is in the marketing, not directed at you.

They are using all sorts of emotions to make sure the kiddies are good little consumers. I know mom and dad are the gate keepers. But the gate keepers are not informed----hello weaponized news media.
edit on 4-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Either way, the parents have to be the ones splurging. If you are so weak at parenting that your children can weasel you into buying them stuff because they saw it on television then I would wager there are some more serious issues operating in the dynamic as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Agreed,

But look at the diabetes #'s, and it is very bad. There is a disconnect. We can say all day long personal responsibility, but I think there is more to the story. And it is being hidden for $$$. When the truth comes out, as it is slowly, there is going to be some pretty large problems.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How old are you and have you noticed a difference in marketing? I have.

I'm roughly 2,079 and yes, marketing has changed, it's less broad based in its targeting and more focused.

Ah. A fellow immortal, then. In that case, minor health issues like cola are transitory at worst.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

But look at the diabetes #'s, and it is very bad. There is a disconnect. We can say all day long personal responsibility, but I think there is more to the story. And it is being hidden for $$$. When the truth comes out, as it is slowly, there is going to be some pretty large problems.

This lawsuit does not educate anyone or correct poor parenting.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There's nothing in cola you really need, or even want. It's not just the sugar. The phosphoric acid and caramel color also have detrimental effects. Phos acid causes osteoporosis, caramel color was being investigated by co-cola as an anti rejection med at one point

Eta: I had my 2016 coke New Years Eve. With some rum in it. That's the only one I can remember drinking

Etaa: mark my words, you're going to find out all this sugar also causes Alzheimer's.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Ah. A fellow immortal, then. In that case, minor health issues like cola are transitory at worst.

When they try to come after the blood of innocents, then I will get pissed.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That gets old fast. He's still got egg on his face for that 2000 years later.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Are the kids using their little kiddie credit cards to buy these and then take them back home in their pedal cars?

If kids ask for soda and the parents do the right thing and say 'no' then no Coke for you!

As someone who gave up soda at 10 years old, it has been my experience that families tend to drink the same things. If the kids aren't drinking soda, the adults aren't either. But it also goes in reverse, if the parents like soda they'll give their kids money for soda.

I see it all the time at Starbucks too. Kids and parents getting coffee together. Just as sugary as soda.

Then there's the sugar they put in our food to make it taste better, bread especially.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Something happened. Maybe education, we can't tell people what to do, but we to educate them it takes $$$.

Cigarette smoking among American adults has hit at an all-time low, health officials said Wednesday. The percentage of smokers over the age of 18 dropped from 20.9% in 2005 to 17.8% in 2013, according to a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Alzheimers is considered type 3 diabetes by researchers.

Type 3 Diabetes Attacks Your Brain? dealingwithdiabetes.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No fat, it tastes like terrible, add sugar now it sells and is heart healthy. Right?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Why government need to tax food?

You think they want your money?

But true is far deeper.

They tax food because they are growing stupid people, people that dont care about them self, they eat crap and live a crappy lifestyle.

Now goverments see that this may be problem in future if they dont act. not because they care about you, but because there will be shortage of stupid people to do stupid 9-17 jobs.

thats why they tax crap food. So stupid people dont kill them self too fast and in big masses. Because they need working people who will do stupid jobs on the track.

So rich folks will still be able to buy Coke even if it is taxed. that also goes good for goverment because rich folks will be ill and will need lots of medical care and what is most important they can pay for that medical care, so rich folks can eat crap and be ill. And most rich folks dont work stupid boring jobs from 9-17.

P.S. I m sorry to throw this so bad to your faces, but someone need to show you a different point of view.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I see it all the time at Starbucks too. Kids and parents getting coffee together. Just as sugary as soda.

Then there's the sugar they put in our food to make it taste better, bread especially.

Maybe we need a few more lawsuits.

Or people can just select healthier options.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Something happened. Maybe education, we can't tell people what to do, but we to educate them it takes $$$.

High taxes on tobacco also compelled many people to stop.

Education is good, I learned about the dangers of a poor diet in my junior high health class. But it only reinforced what my parents taught me.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Maybe we need a few more lawsuits.

Or people can just select healthier options.

Probably some of both. I walk the grocery store aisles, I look in peoples carts. I highly doubt people are capable of selecting healthier options. Some do, but the vast majority of the carts I see are loaded with sugar, candy, crackers, cookies, processed foods, A LOT of soda, and all the rest.

I think people pick these options because they're convenient. It takes time to cook a good healthy meal in most cases. The prepared stuff only takes a few minutes. I know that it's certainly the case for me. If it wasn't for my crock pot letting me prepare meals in minutes the only thing I would eat is fast food because I don't have the time to spend an hour on cooking and 30 minutes doing the dishes every single night.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Probably some of both.

I was being facetious with my first comment.

And frankly what other people buy is not yours, the government's or anyone else's concern.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join