It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Plans Revamp of Top U.S. Spy Agency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Now Trump is possibly going to restructure the national intelligence.

He says it's bloated and politicized !!

He cites some of the "Russia did it" being amplified.

Well is this true?

Is he *really* going to change things ?

President-elect Donald Trump, a harsh critic of U.S. intelligence agencies, is working with top advisers on a plan that would restructure and pare back the nation’s top spy agency, people familiar with the planning said.

The move is prompted by his belief that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence has become bloated and politicized, these people said.

The planning comes as Mr. Trump has leveled a series of social-media attacks in recent months and the past few days against U.S. intelligence agencies, dismissing and mocking their assessment that Russia stole emails from Democratic groups and individuals and then provided them to WikiLeaks for publication in an effort to help Mr. Trump win the White House.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's going easy on them.Ron Paul wanted to abolish the CIA. Them being responsible for millions of deaths and tens of millions of lives destroyed in just the last decade alone doesn't sit well with him.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Trump might replace the CIA with the KGB. bring Russian jobs to America.

makes sense.

what doesnt make sense is using WSJ as a source when they are fake 'news' right. or is the msm sometimes fake news sometimes real news...
edit on 4-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I didn't like the guy, but the more I hear the more I agree with him.
Give the guy a chance, in Trump's defence, do we really need 17 individual intelligence agencies. Looks bloated to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The office that allows all the different groups to communicate and share info easier? Created after the disaster that was pre-9/11 intel where different agencies where not talking to each other? Well if Trump continues to ignore the intelligence community and rolls back DNI office we might see another 9/11.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He should steer clear of them grassy knolls talking like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he wanted to flush it all I'd be for it.

Sounds to me like he just wants to flush out the people who he doesn't agree with and keep the ones he does or that will be loyal to him.

More filling the swamp then draining yet again.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If he wanted to flush it all I'd be for it.

Sounds to me like he just wants to flush out the people who he doesn't agree with and keep the ones he does or that will be loyal to him.

More filling the swamp then draining yet again.

Actually, that IS possible. Yet, he may be sincere about it. If and that's a big IF, the alternate theory to the Russians is, in fact, the NSA then a similar result could be in store for Trump down the road.

Lordy, this gonna be fun. It's like a soap opera on a grand scale.....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
He has a point. We have 97 intelligence agencies and some desert parasites managed to hijack 4 planes with boxcutters and jack up New York among other things.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yeah, but I don't know how fun it will be.

All of this could result in some really big problems for us on the world stage. We may be a super power and all but we have powerful enemies and with too much internal chaos happening we put ourselves at major risk from any one of them wanting to take advantage of our weak state of affairs.

Already it seems most countries are looking and laughing at the US and how disorganized and incompetent we look right now. A lot of them are justifiably scared too at what we might do in the near future to compensate for how we look now. Best case is that we don't do anything and just continue falling apart and that is hardly a best case for anyone either.

We really need to get our sh*t together or we're ripe for the picking.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well, why did he announce it? The only way he will live through this is if the agencies are supremely aware and warey of the people's knowledge of their workings.

They need culling, they are bloated but in the end, the deep state will manage to remain.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah, The best spy agencies in the world on the ground. The second it gets Fed to Washington, Spin Spin Spin. Iraq has weapons of Mass destruction. And the world trade center has a bldg untouched by aircraft, which collapses anyways after its neighbor bldg does the same with aircraft. Lame. Let me just swallow all that, and take their word for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

He can plan all he wants but apparently he has no idea what he is dealing with. Believing your own BS is a quick way to disaster.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yeah, but I don't know how fun it will be.

All of this could result in some really big problems for us on the world stage. We may be a super power and all but we have powerful enemies and with too much internal chaos happening we put ourselves at major risk from any one of them wanting to take advantage of our weak state of affairs.

Already it seems most countries are looking and laughing at the US and how disorganized and incompetent we look right now. A lot of them are justifiably scared too at what we might do in the near future to compensate for how we look now. Best case is that we don't do anything and just continue falling apart and that is hardly a best case for anyone either.

We really need to get our sh*t together or we're ripe for the picking.

The intelligence agency is the glue in the USA'S "long game." You cannot maintain global dominance with a democracy that changes direction every 8 years if there is not a 'constant' that keeps things moving in the same direction. The US could not out maneuver China and Russia without the US intelligence agencies keeping each incoming administration moving in the same direction.

And the world is not laughing at the US right now. 1 year ago. The world was spitting mad at the US and fed up with their arrogance and overstepping.

Trust me, as far as the world's view of the US, Trump is the best thing that could have happened to it. We actually believe you still have a chance again. I'm personally not mad at you anymore.

Good job America. I'm so proud of you. I hope this works out cause it is the only last chance your ever going to get.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This could be related to why Trump is not a fan of regular intelligence briefings.
As he said, when he needs to know something, he will ask.
Other than that the briefings seem more like the intelligence agencies are the ones controlling the path of the POTUS.
Every day they meet with him and give him "advice", thus manipulating what he knows and does.
There is no need for intelligence agencies to have that much power over the POTUS or the country.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hopefully he launches a full investigation into their past activities at the same time.

He best be careful going after the deep state. Last guy who tried that didn't come out too well.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

And the world is not laughing at the US right now. 1 year ago. The world was spitting mad at the US and fed up with their arrogance and overstepping.

Trust me, as far as the world's view of the US, Trump is the best thing that could have happened to it. We actually believe you still have a chance again. I'm personally not mad at you anymore.

Good job America. I'm so proud of you. I hope this works out cause it is the only last chance your ever going to get.

That's great if you think it's a positive thing. But there are many who don't feel the same and they've made it quite clear. I guess it all depends on who it is you're talking about whether or not they think it's all good.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I agree that he needs to clean up the intelligence agencies from the big pockets that have taken over them.

Clean it up from the top to the bottom.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree for the most part. I doubt many are laughing at us right now. Even if they are, I couldn't care less. The smarter ones are hunkered down to see where and how these changes occur.

Ripe for the picking? We've already been 'picked'. This isn't an overnight fix. I hope the rest of the Trump supporters realize that.

I'd rather confront this evolution with the viewpoint of a challenge rather than trepidation. Less BP issues that way....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I agree that he needs to clean up the intelligence agencies from the big pockets that have taken over them.

Clean it up from the top to the bottom.

I wonder which agency Trump would use to "clean up" the 3 letter agencies. I'ts not like they aren't all connected at the hip with a black code of broterhood ala skull and bones from the old Herbert Walker Bush days. To those guys, Trump is just a little punk twitterbitch.

Maybe he can get Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Chuck Norris to join forces and carry out his wishes.
edit on 4-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join