It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Life Resolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah New Year's come and gone already. Anybody started their 'resolutions?' How to change or improve your life. I have some ideas in mind, but haven't made much effort.

But then I got to thinking, what if the life we're trying to make progress on were something else entirely. What if the current life hit a brick wall and it's time to go in a whole new direction?

This isn't a thread so much to ask how you want to see changes in your life--but I am curious--how would your life be if it were different altogether? What changes would you like to see that probably can't be realized within a year's time?

I expect a lot of us aren't living our dreams. Instead we're making compromises to meet smaller goals along the way.

Screw that

Step into your dream shoes a moment.

Don't tell me where you see your current life going, tell me about the life you once dreamed about before life got in the way. What's stopping you from living this dream? Compare the two, and which is more important?

I guess this thread is more about re-connecting with our inner child and seeing how far off course we got

Maybe it's not too late to turn back!

edit on 4-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Mine is to drink more Whiskey and cut out the ale, less calories.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
Mine is to drink more Whiskey and cut out the ale, less calories.

Way to reach for the stars my friend

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The invisible hand of God intervenes in every plan I've made for myself for the past 20 years. I'm not bitter about it, and I love my life. I still have goals that I pursue...I just don't make plans anymore, because I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to see them dashed time and time again.

ETA: on second thought, I'm only bitter about it sometimes.

edit on 4/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

im back to keto, but i would have started that right after Thanksgiving if my wife didn't talk me into waiting till after the holidays. It makes me happy to be eating ketogenic, and I expect my overall mood to improve as a result.

Otherwise, i plan on being the same asshole i was in 2016.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've decided to set realistic goals for myself.
Gain even more weight, drink more and if that goes according to plan, maybe I'll take up smoking again!

OK just kiddin'.

I'm living my dream, all I ever wanted to be was a bum, well I made it, I'm retired now. When I was really young I wanted to ride the rails and live in "bum jungles", I must have got this from my parents, who grew up during the Depression, I can vividly remember them talking about the "hobos riding the rails"... for some reason it sounded so inviting to my child's mind.

top topics

join