It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'm looking for other articles on this, but this one blows my mind:

Alleged Kidnapping, Torture Live-Streamed On Facebook

Why is this alleged???

Does that look voluntary to anyone?

It's the local CBS station.

What else can we expect?

(post by Bobaganoosh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I can't believe someone would be this dumb and much less with a group of people. I can't help but think threes people may have been paid to do this in order to incite racism. I just can't believe someone would be this dumb knowing they would be caught by the police.

I'm almost apt to believe this is the case. No one can be this stupid and sociopathic, at the same time.

I really hope these people truly are not this stupid and that it's a hoax of some sort. Otherwise, humanity and our future is screwed more than we can even imagine.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This article has more detail:

WATCH: Man ‘Tied Up & Tortured’ on Facebook Live in Chicago

The man, who is seen being kicked and punched and cut on his scalp, was hospitalized to be treated for his injuries, police said. The names of those in custody have not been released.

Police told WBBM the victim traveled to Carol Stream to meet a friend, and they ended up in a stolen car, which was driven to the West Side of Chicago, where the attack took place in a home in the 3400 block of Lexington Avenue.

Police say he traveled to Carol Stream to meet a friend. They ended up in a stolen car, driven to the West Side, where the attack took place.

Police said the four people have not yet been charged. The department issued a statement on Twitter calling the video “disturbing” and saying the suspects are being questioned:

"While on patrol Officers observed a disoriented male walking 3400 W. Lexington on January 3, 2017 who was then transported to an area hospital for treatment. At 5:26 p.m. officers then responded to a battery at a residence on the 3300 block of W. Lexington where they discovered signs of a struggle and damage to the property and (were) able to link this evidence to the disoriented male. Officers later became aware of a social media video depicting a batter of an adult male which is believed to be the same individual. At this point CPD believes the video is credible and detectives are questioning persons of interest in the case. The victim, whom CPD believes is from a neighboring suburb, was transported to an area hospital in stable condition. The investigation is ongoing."

edit on 4-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If this turns out to be true, they should be charged with a hate crime.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I've skimmed through the video and 95% of it is her pointing the camera at herself with no view of the guy supposedly getting beaten.

When they pull the knives out at the beginning of the video the guy who got kidnapped shows no signs of trying to get away from the knife being pointed at him, usually someone would pull away from the knife to avoid getting cut. This guy is apparently immune to knives because he didn't show any kind of fear as they approached him with them.

This thing just screams hoax in my opinion. Nothing but a way for the media to harp on about racism and have people argue and eventually begin to have qualities of a racist themselves.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

This guy is apparently immune to knives because he didn't show any kind of fear as they approached him with them.

Na according to the news this poor kid was a special needs person too, so basically he has a mental handicap of some sort.

Wtf is going on in our world. smh

dfw.cbslocal.com...

The victim, who has special needs, according to Crystal Lake police was a high-risk missing person from northwest suburban Crystal Lake.

edit on 4-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I really hate to say it, but # like this breeds people like Dylan Roof.

+9 more 
link   
It's clearly not a hoax.

The man was treated for his injuries, but because he was tied to a separate crime, it seems the police are slow walking the fact he was a victim in this one.

link   
I don't know what stopped them but thank God they let him go and the police picked him up before he stumbled upon some other POS!

I just don't have words for what these animals are.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That area of "W. Lexington" is one of the worst areas in the city.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei
Read the article above your post...it is not a hoax
His reaction may be explained by the fact that he has special needs or it could have been the only way he knew not to make things worse.

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

You have no idea how long he had been in that state...whether he was under the influence of any substances...and now it appears he was special needs.

How do you arrive at a hoax?

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is an example of what happens when low-information Leftist idiots lap up the torrent of MSM & Progressive propaganda against Donald Trump.

Lay a good portion of the blame for this atrocity on the Left.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Friend of mine is a Chicago cop.

He just told me this is real.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hoax or not, what videos and actions like this will do is conflate anger against minorities.

Whites still outnumber minorities in this country.

Piss enough of them off with false (or not) actions like this and you'll see a blood bath.

It's like people WANT a race war.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

I couldn't agree more. They clearly are doing what they are doing because he is white. The evidence is literally on video.

What the hell did that poor kid have to do with Donald trump ffs?

I really do not understand this at all.

Either it's a hoax, blantant stupitity and depravity or, hell....I don't even know.

Wish I hadn't clicked the thread. Ignorance truly is bliss.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Obama has shown us that he does not want peace and calm. He has divided this nation worse than I have seen it in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here's the Chicago police twitter entry on this. Some of the comments are extreme.

Twitter

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

These people get paid to kidnap a special needs kid and give him a few injuries and get them to post it on Facebook, it immediately gets media attention and racism is blasted over the airwaves. You will see very few if any people who agree with this yet the media will continue harping on about racism nonetheless and imply it is widespread....

Etc.

It's the same old game they've always played with us, create the problem then have everyone argue over it then never offer a solution. The bathroom thing is a perfect example of this tactic, everyone had their panties in a wad over and then all of a sudden you didn't hear about it anymore, no resolution was reached but people didn't care about that anymore, the media had moved on and this the people as well.

They lead us around like sheep who love being spit on. It's obvious from my point of view.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join