It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Lies To Trumpbro Hannity, PE Trump Approves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

There you go lying again. Clinton server faced hacking from China, South Korea and Germany And that article was from 2015.

There I go lying again? The article says that there were "hacking attempts" from a variety of countries. I'm going to guess you're not in IT? Should I show you some firewall logs? Hackers are knocking on the doors all the time and most of it is automated vulnerability scanning.

How about this one from The New York Times in July of 2016? Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say Now I know you're going to be critical of the word 'probably' being used in the title. But look at what Is said:

I'm not sure what Mr. Segal's actual technical qualifications are as his degrees are in government and international relations. I'm also willing to bet that his comments were made with 0 knowledge of the security of the servers let alone knowledge of the forensic analysis.

In other words that's idle speculation. Need I remind you of your statement?

HRC's private email server was compromised by 5 foreign nations.

There's absolutely no evidence of this uncovered in the investigation according to the FBI. There was a single claim that "at least 5 foreign" attackers had compromised Clinton's email servers and that claim was made by Bret Baier citing "anonymous sources with knowledge of the FBI investigation." That report is precisely the origin of your own statement and you know and I both know it.

Anyone can claim that anything probably happened but in the lack of any evidence that it did happen, it's just talk.

The cognitive dissonance is unreal though. The hackers were caught in the act on the DNC servers and evidence was provided to the public but Trump supporters will go so far as to deny that the hack even took place but get an uninvolved third party to speculate that Clinton's email server was probably hacked and Bret Baier spreading a dubious rumor and matter-of-factly you'll state that "HRC's private email server was compromised by 5 foreign nations" without hesitation.

Because politics.

Although he was not acting on behalf a nation state (that we know of), Guccifer breached her server from Romania.

Another lie, liar! (since you're devolving this discussion into back and forth name calling)

Guccifer got access to Syndeny Blumenthal's AOL email account and he did so by guessing the answers to his password recovery questions.

I'll throw you a bone though. There was evidence that a single mailbox belonging to one of Bill Clinton's staffers was compromised during the last month HRC was in office. According to the FBI, the limits of the breach were a single mailbox on a single day.

All this to divert from the topic of Julian Assange's misleading statement to Hannity!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I understand what you're saying, but there are two possibilities for his Gmail being compromised as well...1. He had the same password for Gmail. 2. His CAP account was his backup Gmail account for lost passwords so the person that got into his CAP account simply sent a forgot password request to Gmail, waited for the reset to hit the CAP account and voila....in.

Just because they gave him a temp password doesn't mean their process required him to change it once logged in.

Certainly hacking a recovery email address is a way to get into the targeted mailbox. The only password associated with Gmail that was ever revealed was "Runner4567" which was used in conjunction with his Gmail address for his Apple ID. That's not to say that his Gmail password wasn't also "Runner4567" and while that's not a super secure password either, it's better than "p@ssw0rd" would be.

However, we know that Podesta was the victim of a phishing attack and there's actually quite a bit about that. I recommend reading through Pwn All Thing's Twitter posting about this from yesterdary. It's all collected here.
edit on 2017-1-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yikes. Not only do we have Assange and his deceptive statements, some of the reporting on this is W-T-Actual-F. From the Houston Chronicle:

Wikileaks founder says Clinton's campaign chairman used 'password' for passwords

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange told Fox News' Sean Hannity Tuesday night that Podesta used the word "password" for all of his passwords. Assange also said Podesta responded to phishing emails.

I'm not even dignifying that one as a news excerpt.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

NO ,we all have TOO MANY family members with issues like that.
I have a daughter...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Assange's only crime against democrats is that they got BUSTED because of his efforts. They got caught cheating, committing felonies and misdemeanors, collusion with media in highly unethical ways, and if it had been republicans caught at this, they would have been crucified hard core.

So basically this thread is just triggered response with a focus on the left's biggest issue of all, which is not having the manhood, not having the willingness to accept any responsibility for dirty rotten things they have been caught doing, and caught supporting in every way.

Moral bankruptcy is your real enemy here. Once you on the left accept this will be a better day for the left.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just to add to the conversation here. We know that Podesta's email password wasn't "password" because as it turns out, Google doesn't allow users to set a password of "password" for Google accounts.
edit on 2017-1-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Maybe they did "at the time".

Or was it a "retroactive" policy?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Anyone can claim that anything probably happened but in the lack of any evidence that it did happen, it's just talk.

I'll keep that in mind when you make your next thread about Russia influencing the election. You don't seem to argue that they hacked her server in that instance.

Hillary Clinton created a private server to circumvent FOIA laws so she could conduct her State Department business without any oversight. The server itself existed in a bathroom in Brooklyn. Podesta and Co and the rest of Hillary's minions conducted their business on a digital platform knowing that it wasn't secure. The emails show that they knew their emails and databases had been compromised. News stories were published before any of the leaks started that outlined how the DNC was hacked.

What blows my mind is that someone as intelligent as you could ignore the blatant carelessness and complete disregard for national security from a person who had both worked at the State Department and was seeking the highest office in the land.

You want to nitpick over the way Assange worded his statement, construing it as a lie. You want to nitpick over repeated and continuous allegations of hacking of HRC & Co's servers/emails/databases that have been taking place and reported on since the beginning of Hillary's tenure at the State Department. And yet you want to ignore all the proven corruption that is being exposed by Assange.

You should just stick to your paranormal reader's digest.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I took some time off ATS bc threads like this were polluting the forum.
I come back and see this....FAR more petty than everything else you've written post election.

I'm starting to think your purposely trying to make Trumpsters go crazy w/ ur b.s. and abandon the website.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Certainly hacking a recovery email address is a way to get into the targeted mailbox. The only password associated with Gmail that was ever revealed was "Runner4567" which was used in conjunction with his Gmail address for his Apple ID. That's not to say that his Gmail password wasn't also "Runner4567" and while that's not a super secure password either, it's better than "p@ssw0rd" would be.

Do you hear yourself here???
This is the same mentality that drives ATS members to see rodents on Mars rather than just rocks.
You have spent so much time wrapped up in this you are chasing ghosts.

Do you have one of those flow charts on your wall at home with colored string connecting all the dots with Donald Trump in the middle? I suspect I'm not the only one here with this thought...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You're a fool... You just assume this is the email being talked about out of the thousands of emails. Grow up. You should be embarrassed with your pathetic failure at life.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

His emails were phished. That is a equivalent to a computer skill level of a 14 year old. It's the oldest trick in the play book and only idiots fall for it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
WikiLeaks' Assange: 'A 14-year-old kid could have hacked Podesta' emails

Perhaps it was Assange telling people that he is now owned so don't believe anything I say now.

Assange is courageous man to take on one of the most powerful people in the US and he has demonstrated this courage many times before. Showing this kind of courage involves saying as one sees it not matter what the truth is.

The fact that after Pamela Anderson took him a meal at the Ecuadorean embassy during the consumption of which or shortly after he become ill, a amoured car came to the embassy and hurriedly left a few minutes later suggests that this person in the interview is not the Julian Assange we've known for the last 10 or years or so.

This sudden change in behaviour suggests that this person is not the same Assange.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I'd assume Assange is/was referring to the phishing email and not the one with the "temp-password". In any case I must point out that no IT support that takes his job and security seriously would use this kind of email to inform a user about a password, even less so if the customer is a high ranked government official or worker - or related to them.

It sounds like someone hired a family member "that is so good with computers!!!" who actually doesn't give a duck about the job and just went the easy route in everything. This type of thing happens when you try to advice your elder parents or grand-parents and (being annoyed) try to get rid of them as quick as possible, just changing their password and sending it via email. Yet most even slightly security caring people would still rather use an SMS, Whatsapp, Skype or any other mean than a standard email. Even calling them by voice and telling the password would be MUCH MORE secure than this.

For God's sake, even local elementary schools here in Finland only give passwords (even temporary ones) via printed papers or secured phone connections.

The only somewhat safe way would be sending a reset/renew password link through email, which then uses HTTPS/SSL protocols to allow the user to change his password for an account that is identified with hashed security token in the database. This is what the guy should have done if Podesta either forgot a password, or needs a new one and cannot be reached (for reasons unknown) physically or using a secured message service.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Still waiting for the proven lie ....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join