It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Lies To Trumpbro Hannity, PE Trump Approves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well except for the rape thing....

Obligatory second line to drive home the point

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: theantediluvian

You make too much sense, which seems to scare people. LOL.

Oh please, nothing either one of you post makes much sense. If a right winger told you that water was clear you would argue that it wasn't. That's what's scary, it's certainly not that you and your little entourage make too much sense. The fact that ya'll post nothing but provocative negative drivel on this site pretty much sums up your intellect for most of us. I do find some humor in the fact that ya'll actually believe the crap you continue to post. Can't fix stupid I guess.

Thank you for that.
There is no telling the amount of insanity these Leftists have rattling around upstairs but they will continue to try to force it on everyone.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

to be fair, I saw a WHOLE LOT of right wing craziness and Drivel the last few years with this election.........and I ARE ONE

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf

The fact that he said a 14 year old could do it means just that.

I don't feel as though it was a remarkable comment at all. Phishing someone's password via email could totally be done by a 14 year old.

I think you're looking too much in to this. Let's see what the others think of it.

Peace

They can even be younger than 14 .

12yo Canadian boy hacked govt sites, gave info to Anonymous for video games

This shouldnt be a surprise because a certain website (the birthplace of anonymous and horrendous memes) is actually an immoral playground for 14 year olds. Many of them share hacking knowledge amongst themselves.So they do it mostly out of pure curiosity and boredom.

Donald's statement on 14 year old's is very much a reality.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

to be fair, I saw a WHOLE LOT of right wing craziness and Drivel the last few years with this election.........and I ARE ONE

Do you recall right wingers losing their minds the way the Liberals are now, when Obama was elected?
Almost every Tom, Dick and Harry Liberal just cannot get over the fact that Trump won.
I do not recall any of my right wing friends going over the deep end when Obama was elected twice, like these people are.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Again, that's not how phishing scams work so it's a 'd'uh' to me that the actual password was not part of the email response. The email 'response' was described by Assange though. He did talk about the IT guy telling Podesta it was a 'legitimate email.'

I understand how phishing scams work completely. It's part of my job. In fact, I wrote a rather in depth guide for my users about how to spot phishing emails three or four months ago. And unlike probably any other person in this thread, I know that 14 year-olds are capable of phishing because I actually was phishing for accounts when I was 14 before phishing was even a term. (and I know that because I know the guy who popularized the term quite well)

At the time (nearly a quarter century ago) we would phish for accounts on IRC by nick colliding the IRC help bots and squatting on their nicks, thereby becoming the recipients of help requests. We used a script to respond to users with a request for login information and then logged everything.

I'm rambling here but the point is, there's no confusion about how phishing works. I am a qualified expert on the topic of phishing. The following statement does not at all align with your argument that Assange knew Podesta's password because he was given it by whoever phished it:

"Podesta gave out that his password was the word 'password'"

In my opinion, it simply defies belief that those words could in any reasonable way be interpreted to mean what you're arguing.

I think you are getting hung up on some minutia that's really meaningless.

Look at the titles of the stories I linked:

Daily Mail - Assange says a 14-year-old could have hacked Democratic emails as he reveals John Podesta’s password was 'password'
WND - Assange: Podesta's password was 'password'
Townhall - Assange: Podesta's Password Was 'Password'
American Thinker - Assange reveals Podesta’s password was ‘password’
Market Watch - Assange tells Hannity that Podesta’s password was, um, ‘password’

If Assange is wrong, certainly Podesta could and should correct him. So let's see if that happens.

Isn't Assange doing a Reddit AMA today? Maybe somebody will ask him to clarify.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Oh please, nothing either one of you post makes much sense. If a right winger told you that water was clear you would argue that it wasn't. That's what's scary, it's certainly not that you and your little entourage make too much sense. The fact that ya'll post nothing but provocative negative drivel on this site pretty much sums up your intellect for most of us. I do find some humor in the fact that ya'll actually believe the crap you continue to post. Can't fix stupid I guess.

Nuh uh! Nuh uh! You're stupid, stupid! Har har har!

You're right though, I can't fix your stupid. The good thing for both of us is that I'm not even trying to because I simply don't gaf about you. You don't see me following you around and personally attacking you, do you? And you have the nerve to call me a troll. Lmao. On top of everything else, you're a raging hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You have yet to come up with a plausible alternative explanation for Assange's statement. The best you've come up thus far is that by "Podesta gave out that his password was the word 'password'" what Assange really meant was that Podesta entered his password into a phishing site and it was captured.

I don't even know if I'd go with that if Assange wasn't a native English speaker. Who would use the phrasing "gave out that his password was" to mean that somebody's password was captured by a fake login screen? Really? Reeeeaaaaaaaally?

Again, that's not how phishing scams work so it's a 'd'uh' to me that the actual password was not part of the email response. The email 'response' was described by Assange though. He did talk about the IT guy telling Podesta it was a 'legitimate email.'

I think you are getting hung up on some minutia that's really meaningless.

If Assange is wrong, certainly Podesta could and should correct him. So let's see if that happens.

I think you're right. Just watched that part of the video again. Assange says hte aide told Podesta it was a legitimate email. The only quesiton is how Assange knew his password was "password". None of hte emails provide that information.

This is your post where you showed the mails in question:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the quote and video (starts at 27:27):

We published, as part of our policy of full disclosure--not interfering with the material. We published (garble,, uhh) several podesta emails which shows uhh Podesta uhh responding to a phising email. Now how did they respond? Uhh Podesta uhh gave out uhh that his password was the word password. Uhh his uhh own staff said "This email that you've recieved uhh this is totally legitimate." So so this is something a 14 year old kid--a 14 year old kid--uhh could have hacked uhh (unclear...) podesta that way.

edit on 1/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Do you recall right wingers losing their minds the way the Liberals are now, when Obama was elected?

You mean the gay Kenyan Muslim Brotherhood Manchurian candidate who was going to grab all the guns and force everyone into FEMA camps?

Parallels abound actually. Ann Coulter saying that if Romney couldn't win there "was no hope." Conservative celebs like Victoria Jackson tweeing "I can't stop crying. America died."

Here, listen to Glenn Beck lose his s#:

What did Ted Nugent say in 2012?

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

But yeah, blah blah blah. Yadda yadda yadda.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The only quesiton is how Assange knew his password was "password". None of hte emails provide that information.

Here's a plausible explanation:

John Podesta's Gmail password was not 'password' and what Assange was actually referring to was the temp password ("p@assw0rd") for the account at CAP which was in the email I cited in the OP.

Nah, let's just keep dismissing the obvious!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Nobody is forcing anything on you snowflake. If you can't handle being exposed to my politics, a simple solution would be to avoid my political threads, no? (or hell, avoid them all just to be safe!)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The only quesiton is how Assange knew his password was "password". None of hte emails provide that information.

Here's a plausible explanation:

John Podesta's Gmail password was not 'password' and what Assange was actually referring to was the temp password ("p@assw0rd") for the account at CAP which was in the email I cited in the OP.

Nah, let's just keep dismissing the obvious!

The probelm is hte email you provide in your OP does not show an aide responding that the (phishing) email is legitimate. It's just an email about an account setup--with login ininformation--on CAP and the staff is telling him he can use it now. Are there any other emails in connection the one you have in the OP whic might change my mind?

I find it interesting though Assagne would:
1) Provide the exact word "legitimate" used in the email (good memory?)
2) Imply the password (being "password") was in the emails

Bear in mind it was the word "legitimate" which plagues the memory of hte particular IT staff member to blame because it was supposed to be "illegitimate".

Explaiend here:
mobile.nytimes.com - The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S....
edit on 1/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Almost every Tom, Dick and Harry Liberal just cannot get over the fact that Trump won.
I do not recall any of my right wing friends going over the deep end when Obama was elected twice, like these people are.

you mean so bad that they are eating their own like the Rep and "conservatives" have this election? The conservatives (which I am) have viciously attacked their own ilk who didnt agree with Trump.....

People who previously LOVED Megan Kelley (sp) CRUCIFIED her and called for her resignation because she asked Trump hard questions......

They spread so much fake news about the other candidates and bought it hook line and sinker because Trump said it.

For craps sake, they even perpetuated Trumps lie that Cruz's dad killed Kennedy, how stupid is that? That went on for over 6 months!

They turned against EVERYONE that up until then they championed because Cheeto Jesus didnt like that person.......

YES its JUST as bad

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yeah then they turned on Beck like he was "patient zero" when he came out against Trump.......

I listen to Beck regularly, and have watched his evolution from Hard Lined , to someone who is learning to balance things and look from the other side......

Lately hes been coming out on "leftist" talk shows in an effort to apologize and extend an olive branch in a way to work together...

The whole last year hes talked about how "Conservatives" have turned on themselves and sees it as a symptom of the larger "divide and conquer" issue and hopes to be a voice to change it........

its quite enlightening........

I know many wont agree with me but meh , im not here to impress anyone lol

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Podesta's password to what was "password?" You're basis for saying the Clinton email server was compromised by 5 foreign nations is at BEST a rumor that was reported for exactly a DAY by Fox News as part of a report by Bret Baier that was walked back.

Am I wrong?

Do you have another source other than that walked-back Bret Baier piece or one derived entirely from it?

I know that you don't.

There you go lying again.

Clinton server faced hacking from China, South Korea and Germany

And that article was from 2015.

How about this one from The New York Times in July of 2016?

Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say

Now I know you're going to be critical of the word 'probably' being used in the title. But look at what Is said:

When the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said on Tuesday that his investigators had no “direct evidence” that Hillary Clinton’s email account had been “successfully hacked,” both private experts and federal investigators immediately understood his meaning: It very likely had been breached, but the intruders were far too skilled to leave evidence of their work.

Mr. Comey described, in fairly blistering terms, a set of email practices that left Mrs. Clinton’s systems wide open to Russian and Chinese hackers, and an array of others. She had no full-time cybersecurity professional monitoring her system. She took her BlackBerry everywhere she went, “sending and receiving work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries.” Her use of “a personal email domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent.”

China, South Korea, Germany, & now Russia.

Although he was not acting on behalf a nation state (that we know of), Guccifer breached her server from Romania.

And these are just the ones that we know about.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
And the point is...what exactly?

Podesta used a password of "password". I don't really care where...that is the move of a brain-dead amoeba.
The stupid IT staff of the Dems OK'ed an email requesting his password.
Podesta knows less than my teenage daughter about Phishing.
Podesta got hacked (phished) for being a FREAKIN' IDIOT!

I guess you just wanted to call Assange "wrong" or a "liar", but that is like comparing spit (Assange) to projectile vomitting (the left).

It may be less embarrassing to realize that the left had their ass handed to them...all of them. They were exposed as corrupt, compulsive liars. They have since shown themselves as pussies, crybabies and they STILL KEEP LYING. Now your argument is which email had the word "password" as the password and that somehow makes Assange a bad guy?

Wow...how trivial. I can't wait to sit back and watch the tears flow and the tempers explode when Trump, hopefully with one signing of his pen, wipes out Obama's legacy of lies, corruption and anti-American, pro-terrorism decisions. Then we can just forget the last eight years and get back to being GREAT!

edit on 1/5/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

what proof do you have that his GMAIL password was not "p@ssword"?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The following statement does not at all align with your argument that Assange knew Podesta's password because he was given it by whoever phished it:

"Podesta gave out that his password was the word 'password'"

Assange did not say, "Podesta gave out TO ME PERSONALLY that his password was the word 'password'"

So, it does align with the argument that he gave it out in phishing scam and the person who phished it gave it to Assange.
edit on 5-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Last night Julian Assange did a second interview on Sean Hannity. During this interview he told an obvious and easily disproven lie. Hannity was more than happy to run with it as were several other outlets.

WikiLeaks' Assange: 'A 14-year-old kid could have hacked Podesta' emails

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told Fox News' Sean Hannity in an exclusive interview that a teenager could have hacked into Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's computer and retrieved damaging email messages that the website published during last year's election campaign.

"We published several ... emails which show Podesta responding to a phishing email," Assange said during the first part of the interview, which aired on "Hannity" Tuesday night. "Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password’. His own staff said this email that you’ve received, this is totally legitimate. So, this is something ... a 14-year-old kid could have hacked Podesta that way."

What Assange is referring to is an email from the WikiLeaks Podesta Emails archive with the id 22335. Here's an image of the part of the email in question showing also the header details.

(larger image)

Here's the text:

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2015-02-19 00:35
Subject: 2 things

Though CAP is still having issues with my email and computer, yours is good to go.

jpodesta
p@ssw0rd

I warn you, the Windows 8 system is VERY different from what we had back at the WH. Might require a tutorial. It's an operating system that is best with touch screens, which we obviously don't have. If you need tech's help, they're at x5683. Otherwise, I can show you some tricks when I get in. I have it on my home computer, and it took a while to get used to completely.

What is being discussed in the email is a new account setup at CAP. CAP is the Center for American Progress. The password in this case is a temporary password that has been set by the IT person who created the account.

It is not a password that was set by John Podesta and it has absolutely nothing to do with John Podesta's Gmail account which is what was hacked.

Julian Assange was deceptive about the nature of the password ("Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password’.") and deliberately conflating his deceptive mischaraterization about a temporary password from an unrelated account with the circumstances involving the Podesta email hack in order to push a false narrative.

Here's a sample of the outlets that have picked this up:

D aily Mail UK - Assange says a 14-year-old could have hacked Democratic emails as he reveals John Podesta’s password was 'password'
WND - Assange: Podesta's password was 'password'
Townhall - Assange: Podesta's Password Was 'Password'
American Thinker - Assange reveals Podesta’s password was ‘password’
Market Watch - Assange tells Hannity that Podesta’s password was, um, ‘password’
Daily Caller - Assange: A 14-Year-Old Could Have Hacked Podesta’s Email
The Blaze - Watch: Julian Assange jokes with Sean Hannity about how easy it was to hack John Podesta’s emails
Time - Julian Assange Says a ’14-Year-Old Kid Could Have Hacked Podesta’ Emails
The Gateway Pundit - Julian Assange To Hannity: A 14 Year Old Kid Could Have Hacked Podesta Emails (Video)

And countless others. (those are just some from first two pages of Google results for "assange podesta password")

For some odd reason (*wink* *wink*) President-elect Trump joined in on Twitter:

Ugh.

I understand what you're saying, but there are two possibilities for his Gmail being compromised as well...1. He had the same password for Gmail. 2. His CAP account was his backup Gmail account for lost passwords so the person that got into his CAP account simply sent a forgot password request to Gmail, waited for the reset to hit the CAP account and voila....in.

Just because they gave him a temp password doesn't mean their process required him to change it once logged in.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join