It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Lies To Trumpbro Hannity, PE Trump Approves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: MotherMayEye

No. Assange said Podesta gave out his gmail password as 'password.'

Where is Assange's proof of that?

If it is the leaked emails, he only has proof that the CAP password was password.

What I hear was that Podesta didn't have a super secret password and easy to guess.

Someone according to several reports at the time suggested someone within the CF was installing malware to access information.

How it all happened remains to be seen. What Assange said was it wasn't Russia or a state body and Podesta didn't make it very difficult.

How is any of that relevant to this discussion?

Mother has just proven the OP's assertion. Assange was referring to the gmail account and has no proof of what he claimed.

Are we in upside down Land?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You want to know something? You are so consumed by Trump that he controls everything you do!

Trump owns you!

You are his new pet.

Haven't you figured out it was Seth Rich that gave Wikileaks the Podesta emails?

edit on 4-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If it is the leaked emails, he only has proof that the CAP password was password.

What I hear was that Podesta didn't have a super secret password and easy to guess.

Someone according to several reports at the time suggested someone within the CF was installing malware to access information.

How it all happened remains to be seen. What Assange said was it wasn't Russia or a state body and Podesta didn't make it very difficult.

Mother has just proven the OP's assertion.

What? No, I haven't. I said the OP did not prove Assange lied -- which was his assertion.

Unless Assange can provide evidence of his claim, we can easily say he either lied or misspoke.

We have all those emails to look at and the evidence shows that this password issue is in reference to another account.

link   
So instead of the Russians it's the IT guy?

Golf clap

Propaganda at work folks, wake up.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a lot of people are being bamboozled... and its hard/fun watching them try to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What? No, I haven't. I said the OP did not prove Assange lied -- which was his assertion.

Unless Assange can provide evidence of his claim, we can easily say he either lied or misspoke.

We have all those emails to look at and the evidence shows that this password issue is in reference to another account.

You really are just f*cking with us now, aren't you?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
14 year olds hack all the time, stuff far more complex than emails.

Why's this OP once again posting fake news? How long does ATS have to put up with his tantrums?

What fake news did I post? I'd love to see you explain that. Are you saying that the Fox News story was fake news? I wasn't going to call it fake news just because Assange lied but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Or do you just say "fake news" whenever you encounter something you don't want to read?

NO! IT'S FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! SOMEBODY PLEASE SHUT THIS GUY UP! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! SOMEBODY MAKE THAT GUY STOP TRIGGERING ME! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

Who is really having a tantrum here? Me for calmly posting my OP or you ranting about "how long does ATS have to put up" with me like an authoritarian shortcircuiting when exposed to opinions he doesn't like and is ill-equipped to refute?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You really are just f*cking with us now, aren't you?

Where is Assange's proof that Podesta's gmail account password was "password"?

If you or Assange cannot provide that evidence, logic would indicate, given current evidence, that Assange was at least mistaken.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: MysticPearl
14 year olds hack all the time, stuff far more complex than emails.

Why's this OP once again posting fake news? How long does ATS have to put up with his tantrums?

What fake news did I post? I'd love to see you explain that. Are you saying that the Fox News story was fake news? I wasn't going to call it fake news just because Assange lied but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Or do you just say "fake news" whenever you encounter something you don't want to read?

NO! IT'S FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! SOMEBODY PLEASE SHUT THIS GUY UP! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! SOMEBODY MAKE THAT GUY STOP TRIGGERING ME! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

Who is really having a tantrum here? Me for calmly posting my OP or you ranting about "how long does ATS have to put up" with me like an authoritarian shortcircuiting when exposed to opinions he doesn't like and is ill-equipped to refute?

Can you really admonish people when you're just as guilty? I mean who's having the tantrum now..

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That email and the account it referenced had absolutely nothing to do with the DNC (or Gmail or the hack) and for that matter, Podesta's Gmail account had absolutely nothing to do with the DNC either but do you see how well his conflation worked?

Democratic National Committee, Hillary Clinton Campaign, Move On, Correct the Record...

They're all the same devil. They all love triangles.

The password was obviously a temporary password set by an IT person.

Remind me what is so obvious about it, again?

So he said something that wasn't true and he did so knowing it was untrue. That is by definition a lie.

You mean like how you just lied about the password being set by an IT person?

HOWEVER, assuming this was an AD account, it could have been flagged to require the user to change password at login which mitigates the threat of exposure to a narrow window between when the email was sent and the when the user logs in and sets a new password.

Podesta's password was password. HRC's private email server was compromised by 5 foreign nations.

But hey, at the rate you're going I'm sure you could get a job writing for WaPo or maybe The New York Times. I wouldn't seek employment from CNN anytime soon, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'd like to know more about what happens when you click a phishing email link, like that. I assume you would be directed to the phishing scam page that asks for your old password and requires you to type in a new one. But that would not really change your password with gmail.

All phishing is not the same. The most elaborate phishing campaigns would in fact employ some MITM strategy to capture existing credentials, authenticate with the host being impersonated and update the password (and then redirect to the legit host).

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
FTR, this is what "sad" and "disgusting" look like:

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Thread belongs in hoax or LOL.

I'm just happy for proof of life.

originally posted by: Ohanka
Hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If the OP had said he can prove that no one has verified Assange's claim is true or false, then his assertion would have been correct.

But his assertion was that Assange lied and he could prove it with the CAP email. So his assertion was wrong.

No, logic does not indicate Assange was mistaken. In fact, Assange would be in a position to know what Podesta's password was. Assange may very well be absolutely correct.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The email is clearly not referencing Podesta's gmail account, it's some other CAP email account. But it was Podesta's gmail account that was hacked.

That's all correct so what exactly are we in disagreement about? The account that was being referenced in the email is almost certainly an AD domain login and it's definitely on the CAP network and has nothing to do Podesta's Gmail account's password.

That's the crux of the OP and you're acknowledging it strangely enough to argue that I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No, logic does not indicate Assange was mistaken.

Ok. The available evidence indicates Assange was mistaken. Is that better?

Assange may very well be absolutely correct.

Then let him provide the evidence. As it stands, he lied or was mistaken.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
He didn't lie podrstas Gmail account could have been hacked by a 14 year old. All they did was trick him into giving them the password. Not even what I would consider hacking. Fishing scams are all over I even got some telling me they needed to verify my password. Takes an idiot to fall for it in my opinion .

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

What you're forgetting here is what Assange actually said:

Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password’.

What does he mean by "gave out that his password was" exactly?

Clearly he's saying that at some point Podesta communicated that his password was the word password. (or in this case, p@ssw0rd pronounced the same way the plain English word)

Let's employ a little deductive reasoning here:

- "gave out that his password" is CLEARLY not referring to a password that was captured during login so it didn't come from there.

- John Podesta did not give out his password to the media.

- John Podesta did not give out his password to somebody who gave it out to the media.

If we assume that Assange isn't privy to some as-yet-unknown secret recording of John Podesta speaking his password to a person and he doesn't have a secret source who told him (Assange) that John Podesta told him (or her — the hypothetical source) his password, then what is he talking about?

In other words, if he's not talking about something from one of the WikiLeaks archived emails, where exactly is Assange coming up that John Podesta "gave out that his password" was anything?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Also, Assange said himself that they published several emails which show Podesta responding to a phishing email. He then says "how did they respond? Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password'".

So if we take Assange at his word, could you please provide the published emails that show the password for the gmail account was "password"?

In case you need to hear his own words, hear is the vid: Skip to around 27:30

edit on 4-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It sounds to me like he's saying Podesta "gave out" his password to a hacker who sent him a phishing scam. The phishing scam asked that he provide his old password and then enter a new one.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Also, Assange said himself that they "published several emails which show Podesta responding to a phishing email". He then says "how did they respond? Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password'".

So if we take Assange at his word, could you please provide the published emails that show the password for the gmail account was "password"?

In case you need to hear his own words, hear is the vid: Skip to around 27:30

You don't email your password in a phishing scam. You click a phishing link to a fake gmail site and enter it in like you would at an authentic gmail password site.

But, yes, there is an email exchange with the aforementioned IT guy with regard to the phishing email. And the IT guy lays claim to misleading Podesta about responding to the phishing scam.

ETA: I think you fully understand the flaws in the OP and just want to argue or twist the meaning of the OP until you get something right. I think I have more than explained. I need to wrap this up now and get some dinner going here.

edit on 4-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join