It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Lies To Trumpbro Hannity, PE Trump Approves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Also, This article, from 2010, seems to say that Podesta would have seen a warning in his inbox if someone outside the U.S. logged into his gmail account:

Link

Again, I think the whole story is just totally weird.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: theantediluvian

You make too much sense, which seems to scare people. LOL.

I'm not scared. It's just that my understanding is that Podesta was hacked due to a phishing scam and not because his password was easy to guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why you assume Assange was refferring to that particular email?

Assange is certainly referring to this widely reported phishing email.

This appears to be the phishing email that hacked Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s Gmail account. Further, The Clinton campaign’s own computer help desk thought it was real email sent by Google, even though the email address had a suspicious “googlemail.com” extension.

The email, with the subject line “*Someone has your password,*” greeted Podesta, “Hi John” and then said, “Someone just used your password to try to sign into your Google Account john.podesta@gmail.com.” Then it offered a time stamp and an IP address in “Location: Ukraine.”

“Google stopped this sign-in attempt. You should change your password immediately.” And it then offered a link to change his password.

“This is a legitimate email,” Charles Delevan at the HFA help desk wrote to Podesta’s chief of staff, Sara Latham. “John needs to change his password immediately, and ensure that two-factor authentication is turned on his account.”

www.cbsnews.com...

You got it !!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Do you not realize "password" was the 2nd most common password used in 2015, ranking just behind "123456?"
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Considering the inanity the email leaks demonstrated Podesta's head is filled with, I find it very plausible that his password was something banal.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Thread belongs in hoax or LOL.

I'm just happy for proof of life.

How is it a hoax or a lie?

Assange did say that Podesta set his email password as "password", and that is verifiably false.

The person who setup Podesta's email account at CAP set the temporary password.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Thread belongs in hoax or LOL.

I'm just happy for proof of life.

How is it a hoax or a lie?

Assange did say that Podesta set his email password as "password", and that is verifiably false.

The person who setup Podesta's email account at CAP set the temporary password.

Well, it's neither a hoax nor a lie. OP is just mistaken about the CAP email.

See how Podesta's email address is john.podesta@gmail.com? See how the CAP email address referenced in the email from the OP gives the account name 'jpodesta,' not "john.podesta?'

(larger image)

The email is clearly not referencing Podesta's gmail account, it's some other CAP email account. But it was Podesta's gmail account that was hacked.

ETA: We really have no way to verify what Podesta's gmail password was outside of what Assange is claiming. If he's wrong, Podesta should correct him, IMO.

edit on 4-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do you not realize "password" was the 2nd most common password used in 2015

Sure is the factory default password for home routers.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Are you so sure someone didn't read that email and then go check out his twitter?

John Podesta's Twitter Account Hacked

originally posted by: theantediluvian
John Podesta's Twitter account was hacked today. The campaign has acknowledged the hack.

LA Times - John Podesta's Twitter account hacked

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, that didn't happen. Assange did not say Podesta set his password.

He said, "Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password’".

You people read what you want to read. All of you. Back to your two minutes hate. I'm done here.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Which makes sense with the phishing scam.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Except that it's really not a lie.

Was his statement true? No. Did he know that it was untrue? I would assume so since he was referring to an email from the WL archive.

So he said something that wasn't true and he did so knowing it was untrue. That is by definition a lie.

It's not important who set Podesta's password. Even if it wasn't Podesta, the amount of carelessness shown in the emails that you yourself are quoting show that the DNC had no regard for cybersecurity. Podesta and Co were complacent and just thought they could ride Soros' gravy train to the top.

That email and the account it referenced had absolutely nothing to do with the DNC (or Gmail or the hack) and for that matter, Podesta's Gmail account had absolutely nothing to do with the DNC either but do you see how well his conflation worked?

The password was obviously a temporary password set by an IT person. I've set thousands of them myself though when I do it, they're typically stronger than 'p@ssw0rd' and I don't email them. HOWEVER, assuming this was an AD account, it could have been flagged to require the user to change password at login which mitigates the threat of exposure to a narrow window between when the email was sent and the when the user logs in and sets a new password.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Thanks! I honestly enjoy disagreeing with all of you too. It's certainly nothing personal.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

OP is just mistaken about CAP email.

I don't think the OP was mistaken at all. He even said that email was in reference to an account at CAP and not the gmail.

So Assange is incorrect in stating Podesta gave out his password as "password based on just that email.

edit on 4-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

No, that didn't happen. Assange did not say Podesta set his password.

You people read what you want to read. All of you. Back to your two minutes hate. I'm done here.

Correct. Assange did say that and not that he set it.

Small technicality that does not change my assertion.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

OP is just mistaken about CAP email.

I don't think the OP was mistaken at all. He even said that email was in reference to an account at CAP and not the gmail.

So Assange is incorrect in stating Podesta gave out his password as "password.

Assange said that?

I haven't seen the interview but from what I've read, Assange was referring to Podesta's gmail password being 'password,' not some other CAP email account. And it sounds like Assange specifically said Podesta responded to at least one phishing scam.

If that is so, then the OP does not prove that Assange lied about Podesta's gmail password being 'password.'

edit on 4-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That makes 2 so far that have it assbackwards.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There aren't even any straws left, at this point it's just grasping at air.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Assange said that?

"Podesta gave out that his password was the word ‘password’

I haven't seen the interview but from what I've read, Assange was referring to Podesta's gmail password being 'password,' not some other CAP email account.

That's the issue I am discussing. If Assange is referring to the gmail account, the leaked email would not be proof of that.

The username and password in the email was not for his gmail account.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

More.

At least they are finally talking about the emails weeks after the election

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I do not have it ass backwards. I made a small mistake in that post and corrected myself.

Again, my assertion remains the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join