It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it wrong for Russia to try and influence U.S. Elections?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't see what Russia did wrong here. They hacked the DNC but the DNC is a private company and should have had a better system in place. They were careless like Hillary Clinton and her private e-mail server.

We try to influence elections all of the time. Obama did everything he could to try and defeat Netanyahu in Israel. They tried to influence an election in another Country.

There's no evidence that anything Russia did had an affect on the actual vote. They did recounts and Trump actually gained votes.

Here's audio of Hillary Clinton talking about rigging the elections in Palestine.

If Russia had into the Government and tried to rig the election by hacking voting machines, then that's wrong. All they did was hack into the DNC which is a private company that needs better cybersecurity.

Trump said he wants to work with Russia to take out ISIS. It seems like McCain, Graham and now the Democrats who have been soft on Russia now want to start WW3 because Clinton lost and the DNC had didn't protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Does the phrase "invasion of sovereignty" mean anything to you?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does the phrase "invasion of sovereignty" mean anything to you?

Does it mean anything to you? The US do that sh#t all the time... Seriously, what's your point?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's only ok when we do it... Duh... lol. People have no damn clue about the real world. They hide behind their screens, work behind their screens, and live vicariously through others. If you don't raise your kids, they don't grow up. Safe spaces behind computer screens are the same as a 4 year old holding his mommy's leg... If you really want a lesson in reality- join the Marines. I did, 4 tours later, I learned a lot about our influence. Since then I have moved rural and started my own business in traditional logging with horses and building homes with the lumber I produce. My kids will not be slack ass retards whining about things they don't work for, while playing god of the Internet. We hunt our meat with bow and arrow, and farm our own produce. It's hard, but we do just fine. And we're all pretty healthy from actually working, instead of typing our way through life. Sorry for the drift, but I believe that it's the modern mentality that allows people to think that we do no wrong because they Choose to hide from reality via computers.
edit on 142017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I don't see what Russia did wrong here. They hacked the DNC but the DNC is a private company and should have had a better system in place. They were careless like Hillary Clinton and her private e-mail server.

While the proof that it was the Russians that hacked the DNC is still lacking (see here), for starters (and like KrazshOt said), no country is allowed to invade another country and steal anything within their borders.

Just because there may not have been a physical presence by any Russians (agains, assuming it was them) to make the hack happen doesn't mean that it's not an invasion.

And using the fact that the DNC is a private organization as a reason why it may not have been wrong is a weak bit of reasoning--government or private, the information stolen is American, and no foreign body has the right to just come in and take that.

Whether or not we have tried to influence elections in the past or cause regime changes is irrelevant to this discussion, although it's equally illegal, or at the least, immoral and shouldn't happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Russia didn't hack the dnc tho... The dnc was an inside job.... podestas had his password set as "password" and lost his phone in a cab. The phishing software the US is saying was used is commercially available and Ukrainian.

The US government doesn't influence elections, they install leaders.
edit on 4-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Does it mean anything to you? The US do that sh#t all the time... Seriously, what's your point?

The point is that it's wrong, regardless. Just because people in our government do it doesn't magically make it write or provide an excuse for others to do it. No country should invade a sovereign nation's borders, physically or digitally, private entity or government.
edit on 4-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well it means nothing if you are one of those people who don't care about borders and national sovereignty, but otherwise it should be a huge slap in the face of anyone who dares to call themselves "American".
edit on 4-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Russia didn't hack the dnc tho... The dnc was an inside job, podestas had his password set as "password". The phishing software the US is saying was used is commercially available and Ukrainian.

We have a winner!

The US government doesn't influence elections, they install leaders.

It does both, although I do agree that regime change is their method of choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

The point is that it's wrong, regardless. Just because people in our government do it doesn't magically make it write or provide an excuse for others to do it. No country should invade a sovereign nation's borders, physically or digitally, private entity or government.

We may not agree on conclusions but at least we agree on this point.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The email dumps brought the fake news establishment down. It was a glitch, deja vu, happens when they change something in the Matrix.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Obama tried to influence the Brexit vote with his opinions which some people felt were threats.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seriously...... guys.... Im left wing as anyone, but you have to get #ing over this...!!

Repeating a false narrative over and over and over does not make it true, but it makes you look pathetic and sorry sore losers.

We lost... get over it for fs sake!

So to put this to rest: The russians didnt hack the dnc.... the russians didnt try to influence thr election......

The most russian influence in this election was John Podestas stock in the Russian energy company.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

How dare you exhibit logic, the cold war is still raging, get on board.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It is, but par for the course. Don't think for a second we aren't trying to infiltrate other countries at all times, we are no better or more in the right on this.

One of the key points throughout this debate is the lack of preparedness, and that is exemplified by the comedy of errors that has been Podesta and HRC's carelessness when it comes to security.

The other problem is that we are being told/programmed to look at the messenger rather than the message. The "message" speaks to very deep and very dark issues at play in the Political Establishment in the US government.

From my point of view, almost no price is too high to bring that to light and remove it once and for all. If the Russians did do it, then we owe them a debt of sincere gratitude (I still don't think they had anything to do with it though).

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Occasionally it happens.

I'm a fan when it does.

link   
It is actually normal for any country to resent interference from outsiders.
Look up what happened in the Presidential Election of 1888 when the British Ambassador was lured into expressing an opinion, which cost the election for the candidate he preferred ("the Murchison letter").

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well it means nothing if you are one of those people who don't care about borders and national sovereignty, but otherwise it should be a huge slap in the face of anyone who dares to call themselves "American".

You mean like the idiot Hillary Clinton who dreams of open boarders? I'm starting to wonder if she wanted to get hacked just to start a beef with Russia... Even if they didn't even do it, just leak some e-mails and claim they (Russia) hacked them.

Now there's a conspiracy theory for you!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why are you bringing up Hillary Clinton? I don't recall this thread being about her. So it seems like this point is offtopic with the discussion we are having.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First of all, the Russians didn't do it. This is just a ctrl-left strategy to attempt to hassle Trump. You people expressing dismay and outrage over the Ruskie hack are being used as tools. There was no Ruskie hack. Podesta's password of "password" was phished because he was stupid. The DNC IT apparatus was incompetent.

But beyond that, what is wrong with exposing the corruption of the DNC via it's emails? Nobody has ever claimed these emails were fake. They weren't changed. If someone exposed some memo Trump had written that reflected badly on his character would you not, in fact, be delighted? Would you care who did it? Of course not. You;d be too busy saying, "Lookee here! Lookee here!"

Really Get over it. This is not working out well for you. People are laughing at you.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join