It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat freakshow Leadership on the Warpath

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
With today's Republican House press conference, we hear that the number 1 priority is to get Obama.Care fixed.

And of course we now have the Democrat leadership freakshow in the forms of U.S. Senator (and minority leader) Chuck Schumer along with U.S. Congresswoman (and minority leader) Nancy Pelosi leading the dis-info charge.

Both are making wild assumptions and sparking the Left Wing smearing and lies.

Schumer is also saying any Trump Supreme Court Justice nominees should be automatically blocked.

Here's some articles worth discussing.

About-FA CE! Flip-floppin’ Chuck Schumer sure has changed his tune about ‘judicial chaos’

Last June, Sen. Chuck Schumer said that Republican refusal to fill the Supreme Court vacancy would lead to “judicial chaos.” Schumer isn’t sounding that same alarm these days

Shamel ess Nancy Pelosi warns Americans about unexpected house guest if Obamacare is repealed

As we’ve reported, VP-Elect Mike Pence had a meeting with Republicans on Capitol Hill today that coincided with President Obama dropping in on Dem members of Congress to encourage them to fight back against GOP efforts to repeal Obamacare.

Nancy Pelosi’s fear mongering included this warning:

and some views about the 30 million or so "uninsured" Americans ....

Even With Obamacare, 29 Million People Are Uninsured: Here’s Why

An estimated 20 million people have gained insurance since health care reform was signed into law in 2010, but in the six years since, a significant group of Americans remain uninsured.

Estimates vary, but as many as 29 million Americans ­– about one in 10 – lack coverage. Why is that?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A lot of people have tried, only to be told they can't afford affordable healthcare.

That led me to believe that they never cared about those that didn't have healthcare. The whole thing was a scheme to collect money from those that could've afforded other healthcare.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The problem is Graham,Ryan and Mc Cain and others will cross the floor I think Trump better tell them they wont be in charge of a chicken raffle if they do
edit on 4-1-2017 by khnum because: boo boo

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Making healthcare affordable?

Dems; NO!

Bringing jobs back to America?

Dems; NO!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The whole 'them' vs. 'them' divisive freak show is produced for mass consumption to keep everyone believing there are two sides to the gubment. There aren't. Up front they appear divisive, behind the scenes they all go one way together.

You're supposed to forget its just US vs. Them; the people and their (cough) (s)elected representatives.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
These are the same losers America just rejected.

If you're poor and your deductible is a $1000.00.

You have no affordable insurance.
edit on 4-1-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

A lot of people have tried, only to be told they can't afford affordable healthcare

Under the EMTALA, and medicaid both created for 'poor' people.

Anyone whining about healthcare today is living in fantasy land.

If people want healthcare to get affordable.

Get rid of the largest monopoly of it vis a vis the STATE.

Between Tricare,medicare,medicaid. They are the largest single insurer in the country.

And return over 120 million plus people back to the private sector.

Where they belong.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. Just look at how good they are at dividing us, we the people. However, it's what we're stuck with right now so we just have to hope that the small amount of say we do have, at least benefits us somehow.

Little by little, the world is waking up. There's still hope yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

However, it's what we're stuck with right now...

Sorry, not stuck in that flypaper.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was only stating a fact. Obama said if you didn't have healthcare, you'd be fined, but then turned around and refused healthcare to people who couldn't afford it. Told them to get state Assistance. Went to the state and we're told they made to much money for state Assistance.

They are stuck in the middle waiting to be fined.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I find it funny that people think that repealing the ACA will do anything. Do you really think that the insurance companies will lower your premium? Without the ACA you'll be paying the same amount plus you'll be paying for the people that can't afford/are denied insurance and as a result go to the ER for a case of the sniffles. Unless of course we don't go back to the previous model. In which case those that get insurance are paying out the a** and everyone else is just screwed. At which point I think the GOP needs to stop referring to us as a Christian nation.

I'll admit the ACA isn't great. But repealing it won't solve anything. The only way to make healthcare affordable is to move to a more socialized model. Ideally this would mean universal healthcare, a model adopted by the rest of the First World. More than likely though it will mean widespread regulations.

There needs to be limits on how much insurance companies can charge. Which in turn means there needs to be limits on what drug manufacturers can charge. Limits on what hospitals can charge. Limits on what manufacturers of medical equipment can charge.

The US is at the cutting edge when it comes to medical research. We rank #31 when it comes to actual healthcare. That ranks behind countries like Oman and Saudi Arabia. That has nothing to do with the ACA. That has to do with the fact that we have defended (at least when it comes to healthcare) capitalism to the hilt. And in return the healthcare industry has f***ed us in the a**.

That's not going to change without massive reform. And to think otherwise is naive.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wait a second...When the truth comes out you will see.

It was a Friends of Barry money grab. Look at Pain Management.

My appointment three years ago was $80.00 per every 3 month visit.

It's only $85.00 now but add the $650.00 mandated drug test.

Now everyone must go every month.

For people not getting better. This is ridiculous.

Who do you think opened all the drug testing companies ?

It is a way to pay back supporters. And rip us off.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Making healthcare affordable?

Dems; NO!

Bringing jobs back to America?

Dems; NO!

Well, you now have a dyed in the wool, 'businessman', who has an awful lot of business 'friends' around him now, and they are all in charge...of you! Those guys are wonderful at dreaming up money making schemes...for them.
The mind boggles, nothing new of course, but this time there is nobody to rein them in.

edit on 4-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

After being raped by government, getting another "government" rapist to promise that I won't be raped anymore just doesn't cut it.

So Trump "might" screw us over.

I KNOW Hillary would have.

Still would have voted for Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

After being raped by government, getting another "government" rapist to promise that I won't be raped anymore just doesn't cut it.

He will, might be doing it even now but, I guess playing the three wise monkeys, while not the best idea, is about all you can do.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Underfire2

A lot of people have tried, only to be told they can't afford affordable healthcare

Under the EMTALA, and medicaid both created for 'poor' people.

Anyone whining about healthcare today is living in fantasy land.

If people want healthcare to get affordable.

Get rid of the largest monopoly of it vis a vis the STATE.

Between Tricare,medicare,medicaid. They are the largest single insurer in the country.

And return over 120 million plus people back to the private sector.

Where they belong.

The purpose of EMTALA is to prevent hospitals from refusing emergency treatment to people who are unable to pay hundreds of dollars up front for a visit. That isn't only 'poor' people. Before that law was passed, people arriving at the ER were being turned away if they did not have proof of insurance on them...for instance someone suffering chest pain who rushed to the ER and didn't bring their insurance info with them. And people were dying.

It also prevents hospitals from dumping patients without stabilizing them adequately first, simply because they are unable to pay for a $30,000 emergency surgery in full and the subsequent hospital recovery. People don't plan in advance to have heart attacks or strokes or go into premature labor or get into wrecks or fall off the roof...things like that happen without warning, and if you've got someone having a heart attack right in front of you, the focus is certainly not going to be making sure they've got their insurance cards or their checkbook with them before they leave for the ER.

Most people do not have tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars just sitting around to pay for an unexpected bypass or appendectomy or brain injury or any of a multitude of other emergent health crises that require heroic measures and subsequent hospital stays. Before EMTALA, they could be sent home to die rather then receive treatment...and that is exactly what was happening before that law was enacted. Women in labor being turned away, people suffering infarction or strokes being turned away, children in acute respiratory distress being turned away. That was allowed to happen for a very long time.

Medicaid isn't simply state funded insurance, either. It is funded jointly by both state and federal governments and it is regulated by the federal government. So really, if you want all of those pesky 'poor' people on Medicaid, the majority of whom are babies and children, to stop receiving assistance with things like outrageously expensive asthma or heart or diabetic medications, supplies and equipment, and the corresponding doctor's fees so that they can stay alive long enough to grow up and get their own medical insurance, you really need to start at the federal level rather than the state. They don't call the shots.

Welfare does need reform, but taking away assistance from people who desperately need it is not the way to fix this. Healthcare was plenty affordable before Obamacare came along and screwed it up.

It doesn't help that federal minimum wage is still $7.25 an hour, yet the cost of insurance premiums and deductibles has skyrocketed. It also doesn't help that employers everywhere are cutting corners by keeping their employees just under 35 hours per week so that they remain at part time status and the employers do not have to pay them benefits...because it isn't cheap for them, either. The expectation for an average working class family is ridiculously high compared to the amount of income received, even with both partners working full-time jobs...or more than one job to make full-time hours. If they raised the base wage to offset the huge financial burden, more people would be able to afford coverage and wouldn't have to use the ER as a family practice physician or pediatrician, or fall back on government assistance programs.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

He will, might be doing it even now but, I guess playing the three wise monkeys, while not the best idea, is about all you can do.

I get the "see no, hear no, speak no" evil. . . . but where is the 4th monkey that willingly bends over?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Petosi and Smuck, what a dynamic duo, the only problem is that anything they say means crap because both of them are nothing this days but crap.

Hard to be heard if you are any of those two, unless is CNN the one doing the listening.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I find it funny that people think that repealing the ACA will do anything.

I find it funny you think it is ok for the govt to make you pay a tax for being ALIVE.

If repealing the ACA does nothing more than remove the tax for not having insurance it will be a success in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Specially when people forget that it was the insurance companies lawyers the ones that added the penalty clause to the healthcare reform and then in order for the government to have it enforced the supreme court call it for what it was a tax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join