It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends special forces to RUSSIAN BORDER as NATO is poised to strike back against Vladimir Putin’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey, it's always unpleasant weather this time of year, rain, snow, dark, wind, below zero temperatures alternating with snap thaws and ice storms so it's mushy wet nasty and cold.

Perfect time for doing your woodland AND ice environment rotations.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Trump historically has taken chicken sh!t and made chicken salad out of it.

That's why his restaurants get the sh8tty reviews they get, and his steak business went under!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Deflect as much as you want, but we, the US's current regime, started the turmoil in Ukraine. Victoria Nuland of the "state department" was the one to lead it at the time. Crimea voted to leave the Ukraine and rejoin Russia.

I stand by what I wrote.

You aren't Victoria, are you?
edit on 4-1-2017 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

The trouble started when Putin bribed Yanukovych to ignore the will of the people by abandoning closer trade ties with the EU. And the "referendum" in Crimea was so bogus not even Russia's supposed ally China acknowledges its legitimacy. At the same time Russia does accept Yanukovych's impeachment and the subsequent election as legitimate.

Also, let's address the Nuland claim. She is recorded as saying "F*** the EU." The Maidan protests were pro-EU. So how is it f***ing the EU by causing pro-EU protests? If anything that makes it sound like the US and Russia were on the same page. Furthermore, if the US were controlling events in Ukraine why did the candidate they were backing lose the election? And let's not forget that even if the protests didn't happen Yanukovych should have been impeached. I mean he did steal over a billion dollars from the Ukrainian people.

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that the separatists were initially led by men from the Russian military.
edit on 1/4/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Christosterone

Am I the only one who feels like we're living in LaLaLand? Seriously, this whole thing is a f#cking joke.

^^ this

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You call it making the transition as difficult as possible, i call it walking the line of treason.

What else would you call a president demonstrating blatant and callous disregard for the well being and security of your country and countrymen simply because he doesn't jive with the incoming President?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: crazyewok

Bush didn't lose either. His term like President Obama's was up. It's not a loss.
WTF people???

Then why is the next person to sit in the big chair a Republican, not a democrat?

If Obama reign was all sunshine and rainbows hillary would be getting the whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

1) Read the thread. It has been pointed out numerous times that this isn't a last minute decision. The US has had troops in these countries for years. The current deployment was decided on in July.

2) This deployment isn't designed to provoke Russia. It's to provide support to allies that feel threatened by Russia's current aggression.

This has nothing to do with Trump. To argue otherwise means you either don't know what's actually going on or you're biased.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

True but the filling up of cold war storage facilities in Holland with tanks might be a new move.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Anyone remember about a year ago when Russia annexed the Crimea, and there was all that business in Ukraine and an airliner got shot down?

Oddly, back then people were suggesting the Baltic states would be de-stabilised by the Russians next, and some people on this very board - believe it or not - were calling for containment of the big bad Russians because they were trying to reignite another cold war and might want to look to invade former Soviet states!

Imagine it! I mean, really....the Russians....everyone knows that they don't do anything wrong anymore now that its been suggested they might have influenced the US election...so suddenly the Baltic policing that everyone was calling for is Obama's fault, right?

Some people need to develop memories, and use the search function.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

No it isn't. They're replacing and updating equipment that was already there.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Although I agree with much of the OP, the statement Obama has been voted out of office is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
loll just plain fear mongering.....a reply to: Christosterone

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
US sends special forces to RUSSIAN BORDER as NATO is poised to strike back against Vladimir Putin’

I hope Trump does bring them home.

I hope Trump undos EVERYTHING the current potus has done.

No one can say he doesn't deserve it.

NO ONE.
edit on 4-1-2017 by neo96 because: edited.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Really? That's the issue you have? Not the fact that the entire OP is unadulterated fearmongering?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If Obama pulled out you would claim he's a weak leader. This is an innocuous exercise that has been going on for years now because our allies fear Russia's aggression. If Trump actually pulled out it would prove he's in Putin's pocket. Is that something that should be applauded?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
NATO are our allies and Russia has been aggressive lately, I think it only makes sense to boost troop presence. Unless you think Russia is our ally.
edit on 04pmWed, 04 Jan 2017 18:12:04 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

LOL you fight wars with 1200000 not 1200. More fake news.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we dance ?

I'll leave it to those who are in the know to decide if is reasonable to say more.

Buck
edit on 4-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
NATO are our allies and Russia has been aggressive lately, I think it only makes sense to boost troop presence. Unless you think Russia is our ally.

NATO should have been cut loose when the Berlin wall fell. We waste a lot of resources on it.

We are not the world police and it's about time other counties rely on their own taxpaers to fund their protection.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join