It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends special forces to RUSSIAN BORDER as NATO is poised to strike back against Vladimir Putin’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The US and its NATO allies will send battalions of up to 1,200 to each of the three Baltic states – Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia – and Poland by spring this year, reports the NYT.

Lithuania’s foreign minister Linas Linkevicius confirmed Russia’s military activity in Kaliningrad is terrifying the region.

Relations between the out-going Obama administration and Russia have soured following allegations that Putin ordered the email hack which helped scupper Hillary Clinton's presidential bid.

The White House has since expelled 35 Russian diplomats and has shut down two 'spy' compounds in New York and Maryland in response to what it claims is a campaign of harassment by Russia against American diplomats in Moscow.

US sends special forces to RUSSIAN BORDER as NATO is poised to strike back against Vladimir Putin’s ‘aggression’

First off, I'm glad the transition is growing so swimmingly...

Nothing like setting up a giant new deployment to raise tensions with Russia for your successor to deal with in the spring of his first term in office…

Look I get it...Obama is triggered and sad because much of his legacy is about to be erased...

I believe this morning Obama is meeting on Capitol Hill with Democrats about the ACA (as if that would do anything)…
Jesus, Ahura Mazda, Buddha and Confucius*** could meet with house democrats but that won't cause the Republican led government to cease its effort to repeal and replace Obamas albatross..

###SNIPPED###

In any case, Obama is making the transition as difficult as he possibly can despite his protestations to the contrary…
But that is in keeping with his previous behaviors by saying one thing and doing quite another...

Remember when he said this would be the most transparent administration ever??
Yeah, me neither

Anyhow, I knew this would be the most difficult transition ever when Obama said how smooth it was going to be…

So my personal plea to President Obama:
You have been voted out of office…
Please leave it to the ruling party with which power has been entrusted by the American people to make decisions regarding our forces from here on…
I would prefer Trump negotiate with Putin as he is not an ineffectual, effete liberal…

With Warmest Regards,
-Christosterone
edit on 4-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped inappropriate material

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Two possible outcomes present themselves.

a) When he is sworn into office, Mr Trump will remove these troops and place them back on station at their home bases.

b) He will decide to continue whatever foreign policy and military strategy as has been developed and enacted already, because it will be simpler than coming up with something of his own.

One of these would mean that this current action is useless and symbolic at most, rather than seeking an actual effect on the Russian forces or the Kremlin. The other would indicate that Trump will NOT be a change from business as usual, and that in fact, he will continue all the same nonsense as the outgoing administration, the administration before that, the one before that, and the one before that as well.

We shall have to see how this pans out.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The irony is just a few short weeks ago people were losing their minds over Trump accepting a congratulatory phone call from Taiwan.

Obama has become unhinged. That will be his legacy.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Am I the only one who feels like we're living in LaLaLand? Seriously, this whole thing is a f#cking joke.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Whether or not it's the correct foreign policy position to take is inconsequential…

The transition period was NEVER intended for actions like this…
It was initially created in an era when travel and communication was extremely difficult so it took time for all of the appropriate members of the cabinet to get word of their appointment, let alone physically travel to Washington DC…

It is a tradition to not hamper your successor…

The predecessor historically does everything in their power to make the transition as easy as possible…

Not adding tens of thousands of pages of red tape and acted like a petulant child which Obama is intent on doing…

Obama and his liberal party have been voted out of office unequivocally…
The American populace does not want him making decisions of gravity any longer…

If President Obama wanted to take a strong stance against Russia he could have done so at any point during the previous 7 1/2 years…

He is no longer in power for all intents and purposes and seems to be having trouble realizing this fact…

I do not foresee Obamas transition into private life going well…

I foresee him becoming a gigantic whiner and assuming the helm of the Democratic National Committee and continuing the behaviors of Debbie Wasserman Schultz…

This he will do an absolute defiance of tradition wherein every president save John Quincy Adams has returned to private life and shut their mouth…

Well, Adams and all of the Democrats of the last 40 years…

Edit: obama is a "constitutional" lawyer(whatever that means considering he never argued before the high court)...he should recognize his midnight appointeesque behaivors...

-Chris
edit on 4-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This isn't a new development, its been in the pipeline for months, even before Trump became PE in November ........ the difference now however is ...... if the USA SForces remain, will The Don charge NATO for the privilege. Personally i would love to see the invoice

ETA: and its not just US forces deploying either

edit on 2017-01-04T09:07:56-06:002017Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:07:56 -0600bWednesday0701America/Chicago179 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

edit on 2017-01-04T09:10:30-06:002017Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:10:30 -0600bWednesday1001America/Chicago179 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I can't believe he's signing off on major troop movements to THE RUSSIAN BORDER with just over two weeks left in office!

Who will stop him?!?!??!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

...says the sun.
Look, even RT reports it as part of a training mission.
Boy do we have issues when the "enemies" propaganda outlets appears calm and almost wise in comparison to our own "news"...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A third option is to leave the troops there and force the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania to pay out the ying yang for that protection, as he alluded to in his campaign. Even though physically, it's not that much protection. It is more for intelligence gathering. Those troops are really just sacrificial lambs, because it is going to take a whole lot more than that to mount any kind of defense against an all out Russian invasion into those states.

Which of course, isn't likely to happen- even in the face of Crimea and Ukraine. This is more Obama just trying to bait Putin and stir up trouble, and leave Trump with a mess on his hands. And once again, Putin won't take the bait. He's waiting for Trump to get in so they can iron all this out.

And btw, here is a much less sensational version of what is going on there:
www.nytimes.com...
edit on Wed Jan 4th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Obama is a #ing arse hole.

This is disgusting.

I never thought I would say this.....but the quicker Trump is president the better.....

He might be a dick head himself but as a buisnessman he will understand there is no profit in starting wwIII.
edit on 4-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So this is what all the election hacking accusations were leading up to. Hillary had nuclear war on the brain and was accusing Russia of being behind the wikileaks warning them cyberwarfare would be considered an act of war.

'WTF' Moment at 3rd Presidential Debate: Hillary Gives Away Time it Takes for US Nuclear Response

Hillary Clinton says “Kremlin has weaponized WikiLeaks” as she pushes war agenda

Thank God Trump won. I see respect between Trump and Putin and believe this attempt is a little too late.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As others have pointed out, including RT of all sources, this isn't a big deal and has been in the works for months. But I guess some people just need to get some last minute Obama bashing in.

Where were all you people freaking out when Russia held some of the largest military exercises in history right on Poland's border?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I hear you, I really do, and I understand the reasoning behind the transitional period all too well. You are absolutely right that this is not the time for sending troops hither and thither, or doing anything of significance with either internal or foreign policy.

Things should have been winding down, not kicking up.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is obamas way of leaving a # in the front room before leaving.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As if anyone is thinking whom presides the Oval office is going to have a wink of influence on the military industrial complex, bankers and Washington's NWO expansion.

Let me know the minute Trump announces that NATO is disbanded and US troops are coming home.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

...says the sun.
Look, even RT reports it as part of a training mission.
Boy do we have issues when the "enemies" propaganda outlets appears calm and almost wise in comparison to our own "news"...

As a retired soldier, it is *never* just a training exercise...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

This is obamas way of leaving a # in the front room before leaving.

Even so, if that is indeed his intention, there is always a poop bag / scoop, carpet cleaner and deodoriser to clean up the mess, or if you have money, a new carpet ....... happens all the time when i have moved into a new house.

No biggie

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Its still extremly unproffesional.

If any ofvus acted so unproffesional in our jobs we would not just lose them but end up in jail.

I hate bush but at least he took his loss like a man.

edit on 4-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So were all you people freaking out over this, freaking out in 2014? How about 2015? Last year?

abcnews.go.com...

uatoday.tv...

www.army.mil...

www.defense.gov...

Let's just ignore the fact that this has become an annual training exercise, so we can completely freak out over it and bash Obama.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Its still extremly unproffesional.

If any ofvus acted so unproffesional in our jobs we would not just lose them but end up in jail.

I know what you are saying, however, i always said if i won the lottery ................

"I would curl one off on the bosses desk before i left"

Unprofessional? sure it is ..... but hey!! would still get some pleasure out of it, probably would never work again (if i needed too) because of it ......... worth it though LOL

ETA: and my face would look somewhat like my Avatar's immediately after the event
edit on 2017-01-04T10:06:10-06:002017Wed, 04 Jan 2017 10:06:10 -0600bWednesday0601America/Chicago1710 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join