It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards Air Force Base - UFO incident - Audio analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
For those that do not know what happened on October 7 1965 at the Edwards Air Force base: "reports of a dozen flying objects over the Edwards Air Force Base sent a F-106A fighter jet scrambling in pursuit. Nothing turned up. "

All of this action was captured on classified U.S. Air Force audio tapes which have now been declassified and are available to the public along with official documentation.

Listening to these audio recordings I can only say that some of the military personnel were really freaked out by this. I also noticed that it's clear that there is a clear line between the people doing the observations (lowest in rank) and the higher-ups (like the UFO Officer). The higher ups seem to be very interested in what's happening, but they try to hide their emotions. They try to ridicule the events by the way they ask questions and the words they choose.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This has to be some of the best UFO evidence I've heard.

In a long time. S&F for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was not aware of this being released yet. Much thanks, S&F.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very interesting. To me it seems that atleast some of these things could be AI designed to explore and collect data. In that way they could have been flying around space for, well a long time, before they find something of interest.

If it's AI some of them might even be on their own, their "home" could have be dead for thousands/millions of years.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

That was very interesting to listen to.

With all the red white and green flashing, it would appear to be some attempt to follow aviation signals... whatever these things were.

I like the part about the object pushing/creating a cloud in front of it.

And the comment on the radio saying you never know what you'll see at Edwards or something to that effect. Which tells me there were lots more than this going on in that area.

Then there's the account of the telephone guy encountering the glowing red object.

Good stuff!!!

I"m guessing these were some secret craft program experiments that the military didn't know about.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are no such things as UFO's so
all these men should have written up as they
are ALL obviously insane😉

in reality fantastic evidence
star and flag
edit on 4-1-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: truth is out there

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The coolest thing about this is that the tape was given to the investigator sliced up into 1-inch pieces, and he put the thing back together again. That's dedication.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: skrock
If it's AI some of them might even be on their own, their "home" could have be dead for thousands/millions of years.

Yeah, pretty much any trip into space outside your own solar system is a one-way trip.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah if ypu know wjere to postup you can see all sorta of spooky stuff around edwards...to this day. 😐

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

The tape was interesting for a variety of reasons. The men seemed genuinely puzzled by what they were seeing, but not so much that they alerted anyone higher up the chain of command or immediately scrambled interceptors. It took long enough to launch a single, unarmed F-106 that I have to wonder about the Air Force's state of readiness with regard to preventing penetration of U.S. airspace by unidentified aircraft. This was during the Cold War, so you would think they might be more cautious.

It's too bad this incident took place at night. In the end, all we have is a description of lights in the sky. A daylight sighting might have provided more useful data.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

I have a feeling the higher ups knew of what the lower guys were reporting. Probably was one of ours in some form or another.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Yeah if ypu know wjere to postup you can see all sorta of spooky stuff around edwards...to this day. 😐

You don't often hear of any Tikaboo style observation sites for that part of the high desert.
Heard there were some unmarked trails that overlook an abandoned FEMA camp but I'm not from the area.

By intuition I have this linked with the Norway spiral which presumably is STILL a classified military Encounter with extra terrestrials out on some Plutonian shore.

edit on 4-1-2017 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this......it's very interesting. And kind of frustrating to hear all of the uh..uh.. ..indecision about what to do. I mean they had an officer in charge of UFO sightings and yet this sighting went on for over an hr before they finally got a plane in the air. I would have thought the officer in charge of UFO sightings would have had a plane under his charge for the purpose of rapidly checking these things out.

It makes me wish my father was still alive because he was stationed at Edwards during this time...he was a Radar tech. I'm sure he heard talk of this sighting if he wasn't actually on duty at the time...I never talked to him about UFO's because I didn't take them very seriously until recent years.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

they sure were not in any hurry to send up a intercept

and its funny how the UFO guy was SURE it was a aircraft

im going to go with testing and not something non-human

where have i heard/seen 'ufo's with strange clouds before....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Probably was one of ours in some form or another.

Test flights of say the SR-71 would be a bit more inconspicuous surely.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Morg234

According to the recording the objects were stationary and/or very slow moving for a long period of time...something the SR71 is not capable of. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'd bet on your "feeling" on this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

a refueling sr-71(or anything else) or one coming straight on will appear to be slow or even be at a stand still.

the alt tracking radar lost it above 30-40K feet so whatever it was the Delta Dart couldn't catch up, and whatever it was flew right over it's head

iv heard a few presentations by blackbird crews and their main defence was to fly HIGH and FAST.

what better way to practice a russian intercept, then with your own interceptors.

and clearly they were not intercepted

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Plenty more info and testimony at the thread below mate - apparently this Edwards case was so infamous that, in USAF circles, it was simply referred to as 'The Incident'.

Edwards AFB UFO Revisited

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Sorry to hear about your father. As I understand from your post, your father did talk about UFO's. May I ask you what he told you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join